Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B-52

Total Eclipse of the Sun

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Leviticus 19:26-28

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Galatians 4:10

Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Revelation 12:1-3

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Joel 2:31

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Acts 2:20

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

Revelation 6:12

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Deuteronomy 18:14

For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

----------------------------------------
By the great grace of God, I have that faith in our Lord Jesus Christ that all those who fail to warn the innocent ones of the danger to their eyesight from the coming eclipse of the sun, or fail to protect the eyes of those innocent ones, will surely be put to death to face that eternal destruction for which they have prepared their own souls, in the coming visitation of the wrath and vengeance of the one Eternal God, for the great plague of partial and total blindness which has followed every such eclipse throughout the history of humankind.  That severe decree was already laid down in the Law of Moses, and is yet in full force and effect today.
----------------------------------------

Exodus 22:18

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Matthew 18:6

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

On 07/08/2017 at 6:20 PM, B-52 said:

Exodus 22:18

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

This is my favourite quote from that work of fiction.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

that work of fiction.

I'm certainly not going to force you to accept every word of it as the absolute truth as some so-called "fundamentalists" do, but the Bible is definitely a significant part of Western, (and I hate to even use the word, "Judeo-Christian,") culture.

Even if you just look at the Bible in an objective sense, it describes a lot of struggles a lot of people went through, and how they found comfort and were able to survive through those struggles.

When people have to thump the Bible in order to tell you you should or must do something, like cut off part of your baby's genital organs, then they have changed God's truth into a lie, and yes, that is fiction then in that interpretation of it they would bring to bear by the use of force.  They call themselves Christians, ("White Church = Christian Chruch,") but they are stuck in the Old Testament as the Jews who did not accept Jesus.

Donald Trump, for example, has a Jewish son-in-law, and had his grandson circumcised, even though by Jewish law a baby is only to be circumcised if his mother is Jewish, whereas Ivanka is half Russian, and half other white ethnicity.  Trump is also leaning heavily on his Catholic Advisory Panel for justification for his continued imposition of male genital mutilation on the American people.

Apparently our government, along with Donald Trump, is getting extremely carried away with certain  sick and twisted Bible-thumping "Judeo-Christian" concept of morality.  I am interested in exactly where in the Bible these powerful people in the government, medical establishment, and de facto state religion are drawing their justification for their inhumanity to their fellow humans.

Religiosity is a mental illness where-in perspective of reality is lost and ignorance prevails. It will be the demise of life on earth as Christianity and Islam kill each other in the name of God/Allah. How bright is that behavior?

22 hours ago, B-52 said:

I'm certainly not going to force you to accept every word of it as the absolute truth as some so-called "fundamentalists" do, but the Bible is definitely a significant part of Western, (and I hate to even use the word, "Judeo-Christian,") culture.

So is Shakespeare, fiction, Dickens, fiction.   There are some good foundations for civilisations in the bible, but did we really have to threaten people with punishment from god to not kill each other, to not steal etc etc?   Think about China, who had a completely different peaceful religion, but with no threats of hell fire to make people behave.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

So is Shakespeare, fiction, Dickens, fiction.

George Orwell is fiction, too, but too close to modern-day fact for comfort.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

There are some good foundations for civilisations in the bible, but did we really have to threaten people with punishment from god to not kill each other, to not steal etc etc?

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

5 minutes ago, B-52 said:

George Orwell is fiction, too, but too close to modern-day fact for comfort.

Then said Jesus unto them again

I am beyond sun (Jesus) or Moon (Allah) worship.  These are not religions of the land I live in, and probably not you either.  Jesus never walked in Europe.  Our gods are the pagan gods, such as Woden.

But of course all these middle eastern religions are control mechanisms for sheep, and really we need to try and evolve past them.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

such as Woden.

Sometimes spelled "Odin" in English, or «Oden» in Swedish, to which the old ones have referred as «Den Onde» or "the Evil One."

They talk about Ragnarök, when even Odin will meet his fate and be defeated in a great battle.

On 11/08/2017 at 1:29 AM, B-52 said:

Sometimes spelled "Odin" in English, or «Oden» in Swedish, to which the old ones have referred as «Den Onde» or "the Evil One."

They talk about Ragnarök, when even Odin will meet his fate and be defeated in a great battle.

The stories and legends are simple and though they often have a moral, there is no focus on controlling the population.   There is no thou shalt not, in true Western religions.   Greek religion?   Nope, no commandments.   Roman gods... same..

These are the true religions of Europe.  The ones our ancestors invented, built temples for.    But our rules decided that they could better control us with a religion that had clear rules, and the rest is history.

We can do quite well thank you without the trappings of religion, especially the violent ones of Abrahamic origin. One need not be religious to be spiritual.  In biblical times it has been asserted that God intervened frequently in human affairs when we were no threat to anything. We must ask, where is He today when we have become planet killers. DUH!  Religion challenges logic and common sense and relieves humanity of responsibility for our behavior.. 

On 8/18/2017 at 6:44 AM, Shekinah said:

We can do quite well thank you without the trappings of religion, especially the violent ones of Abrahamic origin.

No, we do not need the "trappings" of such religion.  ["Of the book" or other?]  Outward trappings do not make for a true religion of the heart.

Especially when self-professed Christians have become blinded by fundamentalism, they can no longer read the Bible in the light of the true and correct Spirit.  The Bible tells us many things as facts, human emotions, and judgments that are ultimately human as well.

"This is what happened," or "It came to pass that..."

When a judgment is made, the Bible tells us, "This is the judgment that was made," but it is left for the reader to determine, if such-and-such a thing happened, "Was this right or wrong?"

The Jews were notoriously picky eaters, having so many rules and formalities over the ceremonial cleanliness of food.  They longed for the fleshpots of Egypt, human feeding troughs from which they had eaten as slaves. When the Egyptians had mutilated them in the genitals to mark them as slaves, petty parents, jealous over their own children's future, could not bring themselves to do away with that abominable practice.

Re: "trappings" of religion

The Bible itself speaks of this.

>>>Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: ... [2 Timothy 3:5]<<<