Photo
- - - - -

Have Christians ever been abducted by aliens (or made claims)?

7 replies to this topic

#1 limcid

limcid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

If aliens are of a demonic nature, the lack of Christian abductees would make sense.

#2 r. zimm

r. zimm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSE Florida, USA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

This makes several assumptions without directly stating them. What or who says that Aliens are "demonic" (assuming they even exist)? And, what guarantees any Christian protection from demonic activity or intervention?

Thanks,

R.

#3 limcid

limcid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Well, I did say "IF aliens are of a demonic nature". I'm not assuming. It's just one of the more popular beliefs, IF they even exist.

With an understanding of Christianity, I have to conclude that there would be protection from demonic activity, IF said Christian had real Faith.

#4 taskeinc

taskeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Christianity, or Christian dogma, and Alien Beings do not correlate, whether the Alien is good or evil. If you look at the size of the Milky Way Galaxy, it is crystal clear that we are not alone in the universe. Christians, whether they say it aloud or not, consider themselves to be "God's chosen people." They believe it's only their group that's going to live forever with the Lord. Those who do not identify with Christianity, who knows, who cares, "they have not accepted Jesus Christ, so their eternal fate rest in their hands." That sound about right?

If this is the case in the Christian mind, they do not concern themselves with other thinking beings that share this universe with us, because the other intelligent species in our galaxy , and other galaxies, are not mentioned in the Christian Holy Book (there are an estimated 200-400 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, many of those stars have planetary systems just like our star - the Sun).

Sure, someone can dig up one or two scriptures that make an obscure reference to aliens, but for a people who thought the Earth was the center of the universe, those cryptic bible verses were certainly not talking about potential life on Gliese 581g, or any other planet outside of our Solar System, when the biblical writers had NO CLUE about the Milky Way galaxy and the cosmos.

When you speak of a "demonic nature", I truly believe the Human species, on a planet called Earth, are quite possibly in the top 100 of demonic beings in the universe. Turn on the 6 o'clock news, or watch a couple episodes of Investigative Discovery, or Snapped, or review the past 300 years of this planets history and how we treat one another, if looked at objectively, a logical mind would likely assume that the Human Being is the diabolical creature.

Posted Image

#5 limcid

limcid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Sounds to me like you've run into some christians that weren't very Christian-y (or Christianistical). :) Those kinds of christians are also known as a$$holes. I believe God would agree.

#6 cristetz

cristetz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

If aliens are of a demonic nature...

It is the first time that I hear of this one.  We humans are having a hard time proving that they even exist.  Let's go on than area first.  Let us prove ourselves first that they do, then maybe a little later we probe on their nature--if it is demonic or not.

#7 Raradra

Raradra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

As far as I know, the Latter Day Saints (Mormoms) are the only Christian religion that believes in other life 'out there'. All the research I've done over the last several years indicates that every other large Christian denomination denounces alien life and believes we are alone in the universe.

#8 sidney

sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't think that aliens are demonic in nature at all, they're just another specie or creature created by God, just like dogs or cats. I have heard of someone that claims that she has been abducted by aliens on a paranormal radio show, and she seems to believe in the Lord.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users