hebrewlearner

Obama says they cannot access encrypted data of smartphones, You believe him?!

President Barack Obama said Friday that police and spies should not be locked out of encrypted smartphones and messaging apps, taking his first public stance in a simmering battle over private communications in the digital age.

Apple, Google GOOGL -0.18% and Facebook FB +1.63% have introduced encrypted products in the past half year that the companies say they could not unscramble, even if faced with a search warrant. That’s prompted vocal complaints from spy chiefs, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and, this week, British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Obama’s comments came after two days of meetings with Cameron, and with the prime minister at his side.

“If we find evidence of a terrorist plot… and despite having a phone number, despite having a social media address or email address, we can’t penetrate that, that’s a problem,” Obama said. He said he believes Silicon Valley companies also want to solve the problem. “They’re patriots.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/16/obama-sides-with-cameron-in-encryption-fight/

Not one bit. George Carlin had a piece of advice ~ "my number one rule is I don't trust anything that the government tells me". Our Government is similar to of that of Adolf Hitler, we just haven't seen the full blown physical force of it yet, but I believe that in my lifetime that day will come. The question is, what are we going to do about it?

Not one bit. George Carlin had a piece of advice ~ "my number one rule is I don't trust anything that the government tells me". Our Government is similar to of that of Adolf Hitler, we just haven't seen the full blown physical force of it yet, but I believe that in my lifetime that day will come. The question is, what are we going to do about it?

George Carlin said something even more profound than that:

"Tits don't belong on the list." - George Carlin

Ribbit  :P

Ps: I agree with the OP.  ;)

Also, with the other George Carlin quote I posted, it points to censorship, which censorship is ALWAYS a key indicator/tell of a Nazi lawyer-government.  ;) 

I would not believe anything the gov says regarding military and enforcement capabilities at all.  At this point everything big money does to the rest of us is so mind fucked that they probably randomly lie using every opportunity to speak just for the sake of throwing off people who think they know how to tell.  And of course big weapons=big money=big gov.  They all share the same secrets. 

There are limits the government sets on encryption - so some of the government agencies can access the data, and that might be OK. Will DARPA share with the FBI - probably in certain cases.

Ronald Reagan said the biggest fallacy or joke he knew was "I'm from the government and I am here to help you."

The lies start in ignorance at a point very early in life. The morals are close to non-existent. The Joy of Learning is beaten out of people who start to believe it is true that every opinion is equally valid. They do that because it is easy. Learning and becoming wise takes effort.

Possibly you have heard about the concern the Clinton has all the encryption keys? There is no way I could begin to believe what Obama said. You really want them at your door? Create 512 bit encryption and share it with a friend and pass a few messages back and forth.

The first problem here is the smartphone itself, encrypted or not, even when the phone is in ‘flight mode’ or actually turned off it still records data, based upon the phones capabilities, such as AGPS using ‘trickle’ power on receive, barometric, gyroscope and accelerometer only to triangulate this upon the reactivation/power back on of the phone to map from point A to B when it ‘transmits’.

Messaging apps and social media only propel this data but also provide your browsing habits to be sold to third party conglomerates to feed you and your ‘friends’ targeted advertising based upon your interests to eventually lead you to depression and not the True.

I’m not a advocate of ‘smart tech’; it will destroy humanity purely by it’s design.