Sign in to follow this  
dagscot

Dead sea scrolls

Rate this topic

Have certain dead sea scrolls been hidden or omitted? Churches like to present Jesus Christ as a divine being but I believe that some of the dead sea scroll, possibly hidden ones, portray him as a very human man with faults and human desires. Was he even married?

Even if He was married it doesn't take away any respect or admiration I have for Him as a spiritual teacher. I also question the truth of Jesus' life, like what did He do in the 17 or so years between His outburst at the Synagogue when He was 13, to the day He began His ministry at the age of 30? So many questions about the life of Jesus remain unanswered...or unasked...and I believe too that that information was buried along with the Dead Sea scrolls and the collection of gospels at Nag Hammati.

Have certain dead sea scrolls been hidden or omitted? Churches like to present Jesus Christ as a divine being but I believe that some of the dead sea scroll, possibly hidden ones, portray him as a very human man with faults and human desires. Was he even married?

Jesus, if He existed,  was a fairly un-remarkable figure to the authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which is why he was never mentioned by them. He was yet another in a long line of folks claiming to be the Messiah at the time. 

Guest Guest

I agree with this possibility. I Jesus lives here on earth then he must have a physical body, and flesh that needs to be satisfied. After all, why he turned water into wine?

Yes, certain Dead Sea scrolls have omitted to portray the Jesus is holy. He is God but during the time He was here on earth, he is in human form. He is married to Maria Magdalena and during their wYes, certain Dead Sea scrolls have omitted to portray the Jesus is holy. He is God but during the time He was here on earth, he is in human form. He is married to Maria Magdalena and during their wedding he turned water into wine. edding he turned water into wine. 

The Dead Sea Scrolls, may have omitted a of of things. But then it is said that God is a mystery. Therefore I feel He revealed everything He wanted us to know about Himself.

I'd love to read those scrolls.. But obviously that will be impossible.
I guess that there would some interesting stuff there about Jesus, but the Vatican probably omits all those informations from public.

What's fascinating when you study Cosmology is that the dots begin to connect themselves in such a way that you know practically all you've heard about religion, or read about it in the Bible, or any holy book, including the Dead Sea Scrolls, cannot be trusted. It is not reliable because every last letter, word, sentence, paragraph, was written by people just like you and me. The one major exception is that the men of antiquity who unknowingly participated in writing the Bible, the Qur'an, the Bhagavad Gita, the Torah, the Dead Sea Scrolls (remember, these words and phrases are simply antiquated nomenclature), did not have access to modern day tools such as the Hubble Telescope; did not have access to the advances of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Many were good philosophical writers but academically benighted, especially by today's standards.

Think about it, why do you think all the medieval religious books are said to be "inspired by God?" That's part of the colossal ruse because if the book is straight from God, how can it be wrong? Well, we know there are many inconsistencies and flat out errors in the Bible and the Qur'an, so there goes the "divinely inspired" theory. The definition of the phrase, "Inspiration of the Bible" is, "God actively worked through the process and had his hand in the outcome of what the scriptures would say." This would also be applicable to all the maleficent scriptures, especially in the Old Testament. However, Christians are desperately trying to distance themselves from the evil that exist throughout the Old by emphasizing the New Testament. So what are you saying, God inspired the New and not the Old? If God inspired it, that would mean the entire Bible so stop the cherry-picking.

Read any of the purported "Holy Books" from cover to cover and any objectively sane person can clearly see, there's no "Divine Being" behind this literature.

All of the so-called holy books can be considered great works of literature, just as Charles Dickens's "Great Expectations", or Homer's "Odyssey", or William Shakespeare's "Hamlet", "King Lear", and "Othello", or Virginia Woolf's "To the Lighthouse". But just as those works of great fiction have been relegated to libraries, college campuses, and book stores across the globe, so should all the plethora of ersatz "sacred" texts.

I am very sure the Dead Sea Scrolls hold more information than is written about. Judaism and Christianity have actually been evolving gradually through the centuries and I won't be surprised if there are dramatic differences in style or content between what is written in modern bibles and what was written scrolls two millennia ago.

Even if He was married it doesn't take away any respect or admiration I have for Him as a spiritual teacher. I also question the truth of Jesus' life, like what did He do in the 17 or so years between His outburst at the Synagogue when He was 13, to the day He began His ministry at the age of 30? So many questions about the life of Jesus remain unanswered...or unasked...and I believe too that that information was buried along with the Dead Sea scrolls and the collection of gospels at Nag Hammati.

Thank you, I have to agree with what you are saying here.  This is why I could never understand why some would consider even the very idea of Christ falling in love and being married as an insult to who he was.  But why is this when if Christ walked among us he was as human as the rest of us.  As a human being he had feelings and he had desires.  No one not even the Catholic church disputes the existence of Mary Magdeline.  Whoever she was she had a close connection to Christ.  Whether she was just a female follower or so much more.  I think its possible that they could of been in love and even married.  I also, don't see this as ruining the image of Christ in the least.  He still could of been the great teacher and philosopher that we were told that he was, while still having a personal life with someone he loved.

"Well, we know there are many inconsistencies and flat out errors in the Bible and the Qur'an,.." I don't know that much about the Bible but I am interested in the Quran. So how about pointing out just a couple of those inconsistencies and flat out errors in the Quran.

Folks,

Most of the Dead Sea Scrolls date to before Jesus was even born. Most of their content is simply written versions of various Old Testament books. Others concern various rules of Law and some prayers and psalms.

Why in the world would you think there would be anything about Jesus in there?

There are a plethora of contradictions in the Qur'an, far too many to highlight here. Both the Bible and the Qur'an are replete with incorrect, unbelievable, unreliable, and impossible stories.

Just to name a few from the Qur'an:

• Verses contradicting one another and totally defying the laws of logic
  • Verses contradicting the facts of history and science
  • Verses contradicting earlier revelations (as the Bible so benightedly does), and contradictions between Muslim traditions and the Qur'an

Here are a few direct inconsistencies from the Qur'an:

• To Marry or Not to Marry? The Qur'an forbids believers to marry idolatrous women [sura 2:221], and calls Christians idolaters and unbelievers [9:28-33], but still allows Muslims to marry Christian women [5:5]
  • Should Muslims show kindness to their parents? On the one hand, the Quran commands all Muslims to show kindness to their parents, even if they are disbelievers [17:23-24, 31:14-15, 29:8, etc.]. On the other hand, it demands not to show any love or friendship to those who oppose Muhammad, even if they are their parents [9:23, 58:22].
  • Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.

I could go on and on because there are hundreds of inconsistencies in the Qur'an and the Bible which are CRYSTAL CLEAR indications that neither book is from any type of DIVINE BEING. Both so-called Holy Books were written by archaic, medieval men with tribal mentalities.

Astonishingly, 2000 years later, billions of GULLIBLE people still believe and argue vehemently, that these two extremely divisive and destructive books, comes from the LOVING PRESENCE in the universe that we call GOD.

Jusus was a MAN  .. GET OVER IT !! 

Matthew 13:57   King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and in his own house.

And they were offended in him - That is, they took offence at his humble birth, and at the indigent circumstances of his family. They were too proud to be taught by one who, in family connections, they took to be their equal or inferior. People always look with envy on those of their own rank who advance pretensions to uncommon wisdom or superior power.

A prophet is not without honour ... - This seems to be a proverbial expression. Jesus advances it as a general truth. There might be some exceptions to it, but He was not an exception. Everywhere else he had been more honored than at home. There they knew his family. They had seen his humble life. They had been his companions. They were envious of his wisdom, and were too proud to be taught by him. A case remarkably similar to this occurs in the history of the discovery of America. Columbus, a native of Genoa, had by patient study conceived the idea that there was a vast continent which might be reached by sailing to the west. Of this his countrymen had no belief. Learned people had long studied the science of geography, and they had never imagined that such a continent could exist; and they were indignant that He, an obscure man, should suppose that he "possessed wisdom superior to all the rest of mankind united." It was accordingly a fact that he was obliged to seek for patrons of his undertaking out of his own country; that there he received his first honors; and to other kingdoms the discoveries of the obscure Genoese gave their chief wealth and highest splendor.