Gnostic Christian Bishop

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Rate this topic

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Is it a sin to want to open one’s eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Adam and Eve were doing exactly what we are all told by scriptures to do, yet God seemed quite upset.

Why is seeking knowledge and ignoring a vile command to remain in ignorant bliss wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards

DL

We have a nice reasonable proposition {

" Is it sensible to seek knowledge "

Why is it that some people then seek to complicate matters by bringing in odd extra  terms like , God , and , Sin , as though they logically can  have an effect on the answer .

Some people ,  for their own reasons  ,  seem happy  to think that their actions are somehow assessed and measured by an entity they call God .

OK .

Strange perhaps , but not too obviously harmful for those who can happily live their lives without such arbitrary extra encumbrances 

But why inflict such an oddball view of the universe on all of those who do not see or want any  such  imagined connections  ?

There is no evidence for an interested , let alone a good God . So ,  live your life and worry about a very late arrival , if and when he / she finally puts in an appearance .

Then , put him/her in detention for time wasting .

Why do I use word like sin and God. Simple really.

Do you recall what Jesus said to his disciples when they complained to Jesus of his hanging out with publicans and prostitutes and others the disciples though were unsavory?

He said he came for the sick and not the well.

I come for the sick theists and that is why I use the terms I do.

With respect. If you are a good man, you will do the same. Let me bend your ear.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zhlDbMfDg

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI

Jesus Camp 1of 3

Death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards

DL

I am sorry ,  but all that mumbo jumbo of him saying this and her saying that is not for rational people .

This jesus went around upsetting people and was crucified for his troubles .

Hardly a useful role model .

That Paul later decided to invent a theology about  the wandering tramp   has simply  marked  Paul  as one of the greatest  hoaxers  and time wasters ever .

More generally , the idea that quoting any person's sayings in the belief that they somehow change   the internal logic of a position is barmy .

But to choose an all time wimp and loser like jesus  as a role model seems perverse .

From a non-seekers point of view, no argument.

From a seekers POV and looking at a slightly different Jesus, I am willing to argue with vigor.

Just for the message though. Not for the mythical Jesus archetype that most Christians venerate.

Regards

DL

Why do you only present the selected view of Jesus -- the NT ?

Modern scholarship embraces far more sources than that .

You miss out his stay in Egypt and possibly Ethiopia . 

The meeting with his future well - off wife .

She , Lazarus and his wife bank rolling the wandering period .

Jesus following the beliefs and teachings of his cousin and then  becoming an Essene  when he split from John .

Paul inventing the Virgin Birth and Resurrection stories . 

Jesus escaping the cross and having three children with Mary .

Living to around 60 years of age , all the while preaching in Asia Minor with one of his sons .

etc etc 

But those documents and gospels don't fit your fairy story , do they ?

I guess you did not get that I try to get people to recognize the fairy tale and use it the way it was meant to be used.

I sell the Jesus who frees us. You are used to the Jesus that the churches have made up to enslave us.

Regards

DL

I guess that you never compared the U.S. and their horrible Christian stats for jail and abortion to other less religious countries who seem to do much better without God's influence.

BTW. There are many paths and I never said there was only one so stop lying please or start using the quote function to disprove for your own lies of what I said.

Regards

DL

So , Bish , you now deny that God is found through his one and only Son , the Wandering Tramp , Jesus .

Hardly a Christian stance .

Make up your mind .

Concentrate on your own positions rather than throwing around baseless criticism of others .

I find it hard to use the word SIN.. the only people who use it are the religious for guilt purposes. How can knowledge be a bad thing? How we use the knowledge is what makes it either good or bad. Loaded with questions myself like why was it the snake who thought that Adam and Eve deserved knowledge that a so called god kept from them, An omnipotent being who never seemed to give anything in return for the love that he received. Judgement  is a dangerous thing.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

The same nonsense we have heard from every tin pot dictator and every individual who claimed to be  guided by god .

Blair and Bush are excellent examples who believed they were  led by Jesus and his Dad .

Couple of War Criminals , just like the God of the OT .

I find it hard to use the word SIN.. the only people who use it are the religious for guilt purposes. How can knowledge be a bad thing? How we use the knowledge is what makes it either good or bad. Loaded with questions myself like why was it the snake who thought that Adam and Eve deserved knowledge that a so called god kept from them, An omnipotent being who never seemed to give anything in return for the love that he received. Judgement  is a dangerous thing.

I know much much more  about the theories of God than you imagine . Even including a Distinction in my  University Ancillary course of Comparative Theology  taken along side my BA in Psychology .

Your pompous assertion that I might not know about Gnosticism is the type of comment that people  use who are supremely dogmatic and narrow minded  . 

Why make a silly guess when all you have to do is ask politely ?

I know much much more  about the theories of God than you imagine . Even including a Distinction in my  University Ancillary course of Comparative Theology  taken along side my BA in Psychology .

Your pompous assertion that I might not know about Gnosticism is the type of comment that people  use who are supremely dogmatic and narrow minded  . 

Why make a silly guess when all you have to do is ask politely ?

Why ?

Have you forgotten?

Are you hoping to find out something new that you have missed  ?

Read out your replies to yourself ,  including  the  last one . 

Can you hear  the  rather pompous  tone of voice?

Or ,  is the problem that you just hear selectively ?

Enough of this idle chat . I have   other  things to do than listen to a Mister Pompous .

But a parting  tip to perhaps help you on your journey :-

In the spaces between Lives you will find that the idea of Sin does not exist . If you replace the term with the idea of development opportunities and further learning , you might move faster .

Why ?

Have you forgotten?

Are you hoping to find out something new that you have missed  ?

Read out your replies to yourself ,  including  the  last one . 

Can you hear  the  rather pompous  tone of voice?

Or ,  is the problem that you just hear selectively ?

Enough of this idle chat . I have   other  things to do than listen to a Mister Pompous .

But a parting  tip to perhaps help you on your journey :-

In the spaces between Lives you will find that the idea of Sin does not exist . If you replace the term with the idea of development opportunities and further learning , you might move faster .

As expected. Stop bragging of all you know since you know so little.

Regards

DL

Do I detect a need for Anger Management or is this part of the Gnostic approach to union with the Godhead?

Do I detect a need for Anger Management or is this part of the Gnostic approach to union with the Godhead?

So - I read the whole thread and I (of course - being a student or Bodhisattva) find agreement with GB in most things. It has indeed become a sin to seek knowledge and become a danger to those in control. In recent times we have Goebbels, Stalin and the Family Compact in Canada saying this in these kind of words. "Why educate people it makes them harder to manage?"

Today on this thread we have a person trying to point out the 'original sin' myth of the cretinous so-called Christians (who do not DO what wise people in the family of Jesus have done for millennia before they built the Great Pyramid of JESUS = Iesa) is total NONsense. He is then attacked for having 'anger issues' or being 'pompous'.  Thus the sheep do argue and fool-owe their laws and nations rather than drink the water which passes the lips of Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas saying (108) to get the 'hidden knowledge' in his heart.

So that 'hidden knowledge' or insight to human potential WITHIN (see John 10:34) which the Gnostics saved from the advances of Roman Gospel writing and lies that became Romanism or Popery is not what people want to hear - and they lash out with ad hominems and more lies. After the Divine Right of Kings became less profitable they created more Sovereign Rights in the Treaty of Westphalia and a couple of centuries later in the encyclical Rerum Novarum they built corporate immortal constructs to maintain their power.

Edited by Robert Baird
typo

Thanks R B.

For sure Jesus preached to go within.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards

DL 

Thanks GB, I followed your work before and after I was on VC's board.

I hope we can discuss things here. This is a discourse I am having with someone at W-M.

Yes, but the Diaspora was shown to not have occurred, it was Babylon saying we need help running our Kingdom. Clay tablets found last year in Iraq added to books like The Bible Unearthed and many other true historical sources tell me this. So there was no 400 years that some boogeyman kept silent. People of all this planet always had Yahveh (YHVH going back thousands of years before Yeshua {translates as Iesa a title meaning Brotherhood for all, and so also  for Moshe Rabbenue which means 'leader'} just like Christos and you have that correct - but it too was a concept of great antiquity) - all people -NO CHOSEN ones or racist ideology.

You say:
"Who is the King for this Kingdom? That is the thrust of the Gospel of Yahweh. Jesus (Yeshua his Hebrew name) is the King; the Anointed One; the Messiah (meaning Christ), the son of the Living God."

And again I ask - where does this god of all the universe "live" if not 'within' all that IS? This is supported by modern science and more so every day.

Here is another person responding to me on the matter of YHVH (all is within and the I AM consciousness).

Gnostic Christian Bishop said: 

Thanks R B.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards

DL

In closing I again say.

As I just said. You are promoting a concept where stupid people are free to do bad things. That made it easy for Empire to get men to work for rape, pillage and such. It made priests happy to do what they did behind temple walls since shortly after what you could read experts say about Mycenaean culture. You could read Cahill's Gifts of the Jews and how he describes 'Devoted Ones' for more horror in your cult.

But as iSal asked and you have not answered (again) "Do you seek for comparisons?" In other words do you study?

We were created as natural spiritual beings.

We lived naturally, we knew what food to eat, to drink water, to keep ourselves safe from the weather and we lived as a supportive community.

Natural, the state of true spiritual ownership, equal and living as an equal status....a non owned but mutually supported life.

Human males, egotistical, strove for ownership, strove for status, strove for control when no control existed...no status existed and equal support and equal living existed.

Knowledge, the statement when reviewed as the condition for a male to use as a status, to gain control, to have ownership and to destroy the natural.

Therefore when you review the circumstance of our life, knowledge was always considered to be evil by intent and purposeful strategy to use the information against the natural state to placate ownership.

What does the male do everyday....but contemplate his greater wisdom or greater thoughts and impose them upon us all, when by historical review we once owned the only condition that a human needs to own.....equality and mutual support.

Thanks GB, I followed your work before and after I was on VC's board.

I hope we can discuss things here. This is a discourse I am having with someone at W-M.

Yes, but the Diaspora was shown to not have occurred, it was Babylon saying we need help running our Kingdom. Clay tablets found last year in Iraq added to books like The Bible Unearthed and many other true historical sources tell me this. So there was no 400 years that some boogeyman kept silent. People of all this planet always had Yahveh (YHVH going back thousands of years before Yeshua {translates as Iesa a title meaning Brotherhood for all, and so also  for Moshe Rabbenue which means 'leader'} just like Christos and you have that correct - but it too was a concept of great antiquity) - all people -NO CHOSEN ones or racist ideology.

You say:
"Who is the King for this Kingdom? That is the thrust of the Gospel of Yahweh. Jesus (Yeshua his Hebrew name) is the King; the Anointed One; the Messiah (meaning Christ), the son of the Living God."

And again I ask - where does this god of all the universe "live" if not 'within' all that IS? This is supported by modern science and more so every day.

Here is another person responding to me on the matter of YHVH (all is within and the I AM consciousness).

Gnostic Christian Bishop said: 

Thanks R B.

Regards

DL

In closing I again say.

As I just said. You are promoting a concept where stupid people are free to do bad things. That made it easy for Empire to get men to work for rape, pillage and such. It made priests happy to do what they did behind temple walls since shortly after what you could read experts say about Mycenaean culture. You could read Cahill's Gifts of the Jews and how he describes 'Devoted Ones' for more horror in your cult.

But as iSal asked and you have not answered (again) "Do you seek for comparisons?" In other words do you study?

Apologies for being late. I somehow missed this.

As an esoteric ecumenist, I am a perpetual seeker of ideals in thought and in the best God to follow. God here meaning the best set of rules and laws. To a Gnostic Christian, the name of God is, I am, and we do mean ourselves as the final arbiters of all rules.

Regards

DL