Sign in to follow this  
dagscot

Antichrist

Rate this topic

I don't know if anyone has ever seen the Omen, the original not the remake. Do you believe that an antichrist may come forth someday, using the power of a great government, like America to reconcile their power? Hey, that's what Damien did right? Smart kid.

I don't believe there is a Christ, so I don't believe there is an antichrist. There have been many evil people throughout history, but good has always triumphed. I'm sure there will be worst and worst people, but nothing like what the Bible claims the antichrist is. I also don't believe Jesus will come down and battle him. 

You know what, I read before that the pope that will replace Pope John Paul II will be connected to the anti-christ, so I really wonder if the one that will replace Pope Benedict will be "the evil pope". Let's just wait and see. 

I used to think that Bill Clinton was a good candidate but then he did not get to be Secretary General of the UN (which is what I think he really wants). The Bible is not very clear on the attributes of the Anitchrist but I believe whoever it is will use government to take control. He/She may not be in or from a government but will get government and other major areas of society together. Those might include industry, scientists, Universities and religion.

That would require me to believe in christianity, jesus and the devil, which is all horse poop in my opinion so no I don't think some anti-christ will show up at some point and I certainly don't think it is Barack Obama.

I never used to believe in the antichrist but I've seen him on British TV and his name is Harry Styles. He and his 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (one direction) ride spreading plague(their music) and pestilence (their music again) and the population flee in terror..

That would require me to believe in christianity, jesus and the devil, which is all horse poop in my opinion so no I don't think some anti-christ will show up at some point and I certainly don't think it is Barack Obama.

So you must be an atheist? Although I do agree that Obama is definitely not the anti-Christ. It would be someone else that we don't recognize yet.

The antichrist has been among us since the garden of eden. It has grown and evolved since then. We call it ego.

The mind is antichrist.

I have no idea how you people can be so naive and believe that it's a ''someone''.

To each his own I guess.

This is my opinion, I'm not trying to get into an argument.

So you must be an atheist? Although I do agree that Obama is definitely not the anti-Christ. It would be someone else that we don't recognize yet.

Atheist and christian aren't the only two options ya know.

Atheist and christian aren't the only two options ya know.

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if you belong to a certain religion or you're more of a free agent, so to speak.

Holy crap people. Do you seriously think Obama (or anyone else) can be antichrist????

Yes, I'm one of those people who think that way, because it is written in the bible in the first place, so as time passes, those revelations will unfold before our eyes if we live long enough to see it.

Let's say I am a believer of God. I do not have a lot knowledge about the Bible (please correct me if I am wrong). According to the Bible, God created everything. Following from that logic, all evil beings must have strayed from God. So, the antichrist cannot exist becauase logically nothing can be the opposite of Christ. I am not going to answer the rest of the questions because it is not applicable.

I believe that the bible is a gigantic metaphor which contains hidden meanings for shit that isn't obvious to the casual reader.  That said, I can't really call whether there will be some kind of anti-christ figure or not, but I don't think anything or anyone who fits that label is going to be obvious about it.

Yes, I have seen the original Omen movie. It really got under my skin. I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks. I had no problem with The Exorcist. I thought it was funny, but not the Omen. Still, I don't believe in the anti-Christ.

Between 500 and 550 AD it was referred to as the "Anti-Messiah." Why it was changed to the Anti-Christ, I do not know. Here's a list of men who have been, and one point and time, thought to be the Anti-Messiah or the Anti-Christ:

• Antiochus Epiphanes
  • Emperor Nero
  • The Pope (take your pick)
  • Charlemagne (742-814 AD)
  • Napoleon
  • Aleister Crowley
  • Franklin Roosevelt
  • Benito Mussolini
  • Adolf Hitler
  • Joseph Stalin
  • Francisco Franco
  • John F. Kennedy
  • Henry Kissinger
  • King Juan Carlos of Spain
  • Ayatollah Khomeine
  • Ronald Reagan
  • Mikhail Gorbachev
  • Sun Myung Moon
  • Yassir Arafat
  • Louis Farrakhan
  • Karl Hapsburg
  • William (Bill) Clinton
  • Bill Gates
  • Prince Charles of Wales
  • Jacques Chirac
  • Barack Obama

All balderdash, another chapter in "The Greatest Story Ever Told."

I believe that Christians abuse the idea of the Antichrist. They like to use him whenever they see someone they don't like take political office, such as Obama. I think if there was going to be such a thing as the Antichrist, it wouldn't be so obvious. Because we can all read that the Bible says that he will come as a hero to the people, and that everyone will like him. Let's just wait for that. I'm not a Christian, but the book of Revelation is interesting nonetheless. I would like nothing more than for God to show himself to me in a stronger manner than people telling me to believe. But, we're supposed to be in the end times, we have been for 2000 years now, maybe we'll be the generation to see the second coming of Jesus Christ!

First of all that was an awesome, scary movie.  But I think some people are forms of a devil in human form. Look at some people in our history. Charles Manson, Hitler, all the serial killers, it is frightening. I do not know if there will be an actual antichrist that will eventually make himself known. Or if a horned demon will appear to us one day. But I do know there has been alot of evil so far in our history. Can these incidents be considered the announcement of the antichrist.

And also there are those of us who create our own devil. We sometimes sabotage ourselves and rather then own up to our actions. Blame it on an evil force.

I don't know if anyone has ever seen the Omen, the original not the remake. Do you believe that an antichrist may come forth someday, using the power of a great government, like America to reconcile their power? Hey, that's what Damien did right? Smart kid.

The Antichrist is a particularly good allegory for the worst of human nature. A system very much like that described in Revelations could become a reality. But it wont be because some slighted former angel is mad at God and wants to break his favorite toys. Many writers of what we today consider biblical doctrine were actually incredbly well educated about human nature. Though methodology changes with evolving technology, the same basic principals of controlling people have always applied and still do. Control currency. Control information. Control belief systems. There is nothing supernatural about it.

The Antichrist is a particularly good allegory for the worst of human nature. A system very much like that described in Revelations could become a reality. But it wont be because some slighted former angel is mad at God and wants to break his favorite toys. Many writers of what we today consider biblical doctrine were actually incredibly well educated about human nature. Though methodology changes with evolving technology, the same basic principals of controlling people have always applied and still do. Control currency. Control information. Control belief systems. There is nothing supernatural about it.

Most of the time I do not agree with BTC, but I'll have to give him credit on this particular response. I'll add that, if there were an Anti-Christ, it would be the organization that made up the concept to begin with, the Roman Catholic Church!

To be honest I use to fear the concept of the anti Christ.  I use to fear the story of Revelations.  But the older I got and the more I researched both of these things I started to have a different view on the subject.  

I now tend not to believe that the anti Christ will actually come. It seems like a great little fable to keep people in line and following the bible.  I'm also no longer sure what to think of the book of Revelations especially after I found out that it was written by a man living on a deserted island for years.  Yes, John was a follower of Christ but whose to say what those years of exile did to his mind.  For that matter whose to say what he is actually talking about here.  Is he referencing the future or past events that have already happened in his lifetime, such as the rise of the Roman empire.  In other words this book in the bible is open to interpretation.  

As for The Omen, a good movie.  In fact, there have been several movies made about the end of days as its believed to be outlined in the book of Revelations.  But these are all movies, made more for entertainment purposes then anything else.

I never used to believe in the antichrist but I've seen him on British TV and his name is Harry Styles. He and his 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (one direction) ride spreading plague(their music) and pestilence (their music again) and the population flee in terror..

This is by far the funniest thing I've read all day. On top of that, it really does make sense that he's listed as a possible candidate for the AntiChrist position, haha.

Regarding the subject at hand, I don't believe the AntiChrist will ever come let alone exist. However, I do believe there's plenty of chances for people and groups to come about that have the same attributes of the AntiChrist. Heck, this world is in turmoil and always will be in turmoil so, the chances of having someone or something come about that wants destruction and death is pretty high (and probably has already came about (ie. world leaders and certain extremists).

To be honest I use to fear the concept of the anti Christ.  I use to fear the story of Revelations.  But the older I got and the more I researched both of these things I started to have a different view on the subject.  

I now tend not to believe that the anti Christ will actually come. It seems like a great little fable to keep people in line and following the bible.  I'm also no longer sure what to think of the book of Revelations especially after I found out that it was written by a man living on a deserted island for years.  Yes, John was a follower of Christ but whose to say what those years of exile did to his mind.  For that matter whose to say what he is actually talking about here.  Is he referencing the future or past events that have already happened in his lifetime, such as the rise of the Roman empire.  In other words this book in the bible is open to interpretation.  

As for The Omen, a good movie.  In fact, there have been several movies made about the end of days as its believed to be outlined in the book of Revelations.  But these are all movies, made more for entertainment purposes then anything else.

In fact, there is a good argument to be made that "John of Patmos" was refering not to some future time, but speaking in thinly veiled code about Domitian or Nero and the perceived corruption of the government of that time. Don't forget that Roman occupation of parts of the middle east was truly hated by the local culture. There is no small connection between Messianic theology that grew from that culture and the occupation. Messianic theology of the time had a markedly political bent to it, Jewish adherents believing that the Messiah would lead a military revolution against Rome. This concept has largely vanished from populist concepts of Abrahamic theology at large and thus leads to some pretty strange ideas about some of the doctrine.