Glitches in the Matrix - Reality Is Glitching

A comment Morpheus made in the Doppelganger thread inspired me to share some of my thoughts on Reality Glitches. So I'm going to share some of my thoughts on Reality Glitches.

I've noticed reality glitches for a long time. For example, I distinctly remember being taught that Knoxville was the capital of Tennessee, especially since the teacher was from Tennessee and found it hilarious that I didn't know (in my defense, why would a nine year old MS kid know?) and I got heckled about it a bit. I remember the whole encounter vividly.

Has anyone else noticed that currently, Knoxville hasn't been the capital of Tennessee for a hundred years?

Then there was the time I was watching an old documentary about the Philadelphia Experiment on the History channel (again, when I was a kid) and when it came back from commercial break, it was halfway through a documentary about the civil war.

I'm not sure what to make of them, to be honest. I know other people experience them, but since the very concept of a reality glitch makes it hard to follow, it can be a pain to talk about.

Anyone else sad our robot overlords can't make up their mind about history?

I have noticed glitches for a long time.  My old boss decided to quit, and then he got a job on the same road as the old company.  5 years later the new boss quit, and he got a job on the same road. I then got a job on the same road.  All 3 companies do different things.  Other people at the companies also had moved between jobs on the same road.

I jokingly said at the time that its as if the matrix is not complete, and therefore you have to continue working on the road that is coded.

You know, I have not noticed anything like this or if I did I was not connecting it as a glitch. That brings up another thought in that perhaps only those few who are "looking" for the glitches notice them. Everyone else just (relatively) happily plods along just trying to survive and get laid.

I mostly only notice glitches that disagree with things I distinctly remember learning. Capitals, presidents, wars, many things. It just doesn't make sense for the brain to contradict itself in those ways if it was only ever taught a single way.

And what I can't stand on top of that, is people who also seem to realize the glitch but won't distrust their brain enough to actually give the concept a moment's notice.

Whoever is running this copy of the sims needs to make up their minds. Let me remember a single version of history as fact, not seven.

Other things that reveal the Matrix are the machines are not able to come up with names for things and people.

Let me give you some examples

The football team Arsenal, is run by someone called Arsène Wenger.   Really?

The area with the most trouble in the Afgan war is called "Hell Man."   (I know its hellmand)  The muslims tend to be Sunny (Sunni) or shit ones (shiite).

The capital of Pakistan is "Islam is Bad"  (Islamabad)

The general in charge of the US army (not sure if he still is) is called General Betray Us.  (Petraeus)

We then get warnings of things that are about to happen in films.  Sandy hook being the most recent example. 911 the date of Neo's passport expiration. The 911 warning in Terminator 2.  Caution 9'-11"  the sign says.  Its hard to keep all the stories different in the matrix, so some elements are bound to get mixed and reused.

The "bad" man is Osama Bin Laden.  The "good" team in the election were Obama Biden.  What are the odds?

I do not see coincidence , I see providence.

Other things that reveal the Matrix are the machines are not able to come up with names for things and people.

The area with the most trouble in the Afgan war is called "Hell Man."   (I know its hellmand)  The muslims tend to be Sunny (Sunni) or shit ones (shiite).

The general in charge of the US army (not sure if he still is) is called General Betray Us.  (Petraeus)

We then get warnings of things that are about to happen in films.  Sandy hook being the most recent example. 911 the date of Neo's passport expiration. The 911 warning in Terminator 2.  Caution 9'-11"  the sign says.  Its hard to keep all the stories different in the matrix, so some elements are bound to get mixed and reused.

The "bad" man is Osama Bin Laden.  The "good" team in the election were Obama Biden.  What are the odds?

It's starting to make me wonder if it's not one giant simulation, but thousands all hooked together, that share data and information. That could explain the detailed history of my town, and yours, but that the events that impact us all are shared equally and each simulation can get bogged down.

It's pretty much impossible for a computer to generate a truly random number, so I think they're scraping Wikipedia for their information. I mean, how else could a machine be this freakin' innacurate?

• 1 year later...

Mind = Blown! Very cool!

BonnieJawDrop.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have noticed glitches for a very long time. At first I dismissed it all as my mistake. When proven wrong it is easy to fact check on the internet, just annoying when it was something I was absolutely clear about.

While fact checking I started to find other people with the same memories I was having and found several different names for the same issue. Glitches in the Matrix, Mandela Effect....and a few more. Having read anything I could find on the internet on the subject I discovered far to many people remembering the same wrong facts I was having issues with.

I also remember Knoxville being the capital of Tennessee, nice to see someone else post about it. Most of the time I just try to adapt my education and not let it bother me. Then I notice another glitch and it fires up my curiosity again.

The only thing that actually helps is randomly finding people's post that remember things I have noticed. If it is some sort of insanity, at least I am not alone. This is an older post, if the OP happens to check back, just letting you know you are not alone.