Sign in to follow this  
Nik_L

Do you believe hell exists?

Rate this topic

I believe that hell exists, but is known as outer darkness. In my religion we believe that before the world began we lived together in spirit form. Satan had many followers then, and they are some of the only people who will actually go to the real hell. As far as the heaven/hell concept goes, we believe that that hell will be temporary.

Us humans have been given a logical mind. Do you think it right if a person were to torture and kill a little girl? I'm sure you think there should be a negative consequence, if you have a healthy mind. Surely there should be a consequence for the wrongs people have done on this earth. Yea the thought of hell can scare people into doing right, but more important it is a consequence for wrongs done with no sincerity afterwards. So yes i do believe in a hell.

I disagree. The fact that we have a culture in which there is a consensus that bad people deserve punishment is irrelevant. Nature does not care about our opinions, regardless on how just we believe them to be. There is exactly 0 evidence that a place such as Hell exists or is in the making. If you claim that Hell exists, you must present your evidence or admit to self deception for the sake of personal comfort.

I do not believe it is in existence now, but regardless of who does or doesn't believe it exists, it will exist, as it is written that "hell is reserved", for all those who wil be thrown into a burning pit, for all eternity. I don't believe He makes empty threats for no valid reason. Hope that it doesn't exist, for who knows where I will wind up, but hopefully it won't be there.

Guest WA1

It is the state of mind. It was really created to keep man into subordination and submission. It is like a parent putting fear into a child for a desired result. But if the concept that no hell exist is difficult to understand, no worries. At the right time you will understand.

I would have to say that half world is living in Hell already. I mean, those starving to death, homeless people, children being abused, spouses being abused, the list could go on forever. Those people are already living in hell and to most dying would be their heaven. Sad, but true. I don't think there is a heaven/hell after you die. 

Yes, hell does exist. In my mind. I can't say if it exists in reality because I haven't been there yet. Neither have I heard of anyone who has been there and come back to talk about it.

Why is it that when people say Hell in general it always ends in the bible and the church. Im sure different religions have hell as well. Im not siding with christianity, it just wasnt here first. 

The kingdom and cultures of Mesopotamia(Sumeria, Babylon, the Akkadian empire.) had notions of hell or in this case an underworld. Such notions can be seen in the stories of how their "Gods" traversed the underworld in some conquest. The Greek, Slavic, Celtic mythologies point to their own representation of Hell. Even asian folklore have it. 

One thing that intrigues me is why they picture hell undergound, hence the term underworld I guess. There may be different depictions of it fire, torment, several levels of punishment. Why do they think its underground.

Guest Dorothy

I would have to say I do believe in hell just as I believe in Heaven. Sometimes living right here on earth seems like a  hell in itself with all the evil that exists here on earth.  I don't believe that hell was made up by man, I believe it came from the bible just like heaven did.

I have heard so many different variations and honestly, I really am not sure WHAT to believe.  I have heard from many Christians that you don't go to hell or heaven when you die, that you go to some place in between.  I have heard that it takes until Jesus comes back before you actually go to heaven and hell.  I am not really sure and I don't know if anyone actually knows for sure.  It sure would be nice to die and come back again so you can tell others. 

Guest bsge11

Well I don't believe he'll exists but if it did I'm sure it wouldn't be a fun or normal place for evil people. Hell is defined by mostly as a place where people go and are punished. Therefore it can't be pretty there, it would mostly be like a torture chamber or a dungeon and prison.

If you study the planets, you'll see that Venus is a world of intense heat and volcanic activity. It's size and structure is very similar to Earth. In contrast to Earth however, Venus has a thick, toxic atmosphere that traps heat in a runaway greenhouse effect. This creates scorching temperatures on Venus that are hot enough to melt lead. Venus has volcanoes, oddly shaped mountains, and spins slowly in the opposite direction of most planets.

According to biblical scriptures, and the Roman Catholic Church, the insinuation is that Hell was created for those who are not Christian, for those who don't believe in Jesus. Considering the intense heat on Venus, could this be the "Hell" bad souls, or "non-Christian" souls, transition to upon their demise? Before you discount this theory, the question is specifically for those who actually believe Hell exist. For those like myself, who don't believe Hell is real, the question is a hypothetical one.

venus.jpg