Sign in to follow this  
Stinger XX

Tunnels under the border

https://www.google.com/maps/place/31°49'01.9"N+106°31'59.2"W/@31.817189,-106.5332746,48m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d31.817189!4d-106.533124

On the southwest corner of S Mesa Hills Drive and Wallenberg Drive is the entrance to a "tunnel," actually twin tunnels, about 4'6" high and about the same width.  From the entrance the tunnel goes east, and after about 100' angles to the southeast.  Cartel graffiti is spray-painted on the walls.  I assume this is a storm drain tunnel, built for catastrophic flash floods.  If it continues in the natural direction of drainage it seems to be heading, it will empty into the Rio Grande at the international border.

I am wondering how this relates to the expense of Trump's proposed wall.

If these tunnels (and others like them) are blocked with grates to impede migrants, then debris will clog the grates, and the tunnels will fail their intended purpose of draining flash floods into the Rio Gande.  Homeowners will be upset that their property is no longer served by storm drainage, and will sue for flood damages....

Lay a pipe filled with radioactive waste inside the length of the  tunnel, any interloper will not long survive the journey. :-)  Where there is a will there is a way. Any wall would have to go deep and have defensive systems. It's a damn shame we have to resort to such things to secure our boarders. Without boarders we are not a defined nation. We have enough of our own freeloaders plundering the social welfare coffers or seeking employment and surely do not need people from neighboring counties flooding in with drugs and criminal intent or with ethnic impulses to become baby factories.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:44 AM, Shekinah said:

Without boarders

Oh, I know.  The entire agricultural economy in the United States is dependent on illegal migrant farm labor.  That's why the "Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System" (Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Janet Yellen, whoever ...) is always blathering on about non-farm payrolls.  I saw some Hispanic/Latino workers doing the gardening right on the property of the Federal Reserve building here in Kansas City, Missouri, who were probably illegal immigrants. They spoke no English, only Spanish.