I don't like to specifically specify my religion, or put a name on it because there are lots of different aspects of different religions that I feel hold truth. But if people wanted to label my religion, I guess I would fall under the category of Spiritualiy in most people's eyes.

But, I would just like to know if anybody else on here closely identifies to Spirituality? Concepts like source energy and vibrational energy fields? For me, too much of the principles make sense to not be true.

Nice wording, Dreek Lass.  i am a practicing Buddhist but also believe in the things you are speaking of.  The only limitations we put on ourselves is our own distrust of the energy that is available to everyone of us.

Thank you R. Paradon :)

Well yes, I don't identify as  buddhist, but I really can appreciate some of the principles and values of that religion. It's one of the closest religins to the truth as a whole, in my opinion. I have to agree that people limit themselves, but I also have to say that i believe that some of the blame belongs to these low vibratory beings who operate behind the scenes, and manipulate our consciousness to make our perceptions of ourselves distorted.

I believe that we are magnificent light bieng, and that the only thing that is unattainable is that which you cannot think of.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I identify with your ideas and beliefs very much.  I was raised christian and still believe in the teachings of Jesus, but also see many common truths and similarities in other religions and do not attain to the teachings and practices of most professing christians today.  I similarly have great respect and admiration for the teachings of Buddha as well. 

I understand how you feel. I like aspects of most religions because most religions (at least the ones I have heard of) promote peace, love, wisdom, co-operation, team work, non-violence, and respect. I believe source energy is kind of like finding your inner peace and getting good/bad "vibes" from people when you interact with them. Principles and rules are meant to be broken!

I understand spirituality all too well, because I guess I could be classified as the same.  I was raised in the Catholic faith but over the years turned away from it.  I found myself not being able to support much of their strict beliefs such as being anti-abortion no matter what the situation was or anti-birth control.  So, I find myself not practicing a religion but still having a strong faith in God and Christ. I also find myself interested in learning about different types of faiths.  Their ideals and principles, after all we are all on the earth and suppose to be learning from one another aren't we?

I think being spiritual is a bit similar to being agnostic, and they may or many not believe in God, but they believe that there is a Higher being out there that we can't see. They also believe in supernatural and paranormal things, like the concept of life after death, etc. so I think I can also consider myself a spiritual person.

I'm pretty much agnostic, But I like looking into other religious teachings for information, mostly about our origins and the human condition.  I haven't made up my mind about anything yet, and I doubt that I ever will, but I tend to pick up ideas which make the most sense until something else comes along and knocks it over.

• 3 weeks later...

I've often questioned why we feel the need to catagorize ourselves with religion. Why do we feel the importance of having a 'label'?  Do we feel the need it to identify who we are as a person or who we are to others?

I do agree with you Dreek Lass, there are many aspects of different religions that hold truth. I relate more with Buddhism, Spirituality and Bahai. Being brought up to believe in Christianity, I think my mom would be devasted to hear me say that. Maybe, being raised to believe in Christianity is what brought me to feel this way or it could be just the way I am wired.

Either way, all religions are beautiful and I cannot be labeled under one belief. :)

Concepts like source energy and vibrational energy fields? For me, too much of the principles make sense to not be true.

I agree with you. The popular thing to say is, "I'm spiritual, not religious," then the next thing out the individual's mouth is a bible scripture. I am of the opinion that, if a person ardently follows a specific religion, such as Christianity or Islam, he is not "Spiritual." Spiritual people tend not to believe that anyone can walk on water, or a donkey talked, or the Red Sea was parted, or the Sun remained in the sky for 24 hours. Religious people believe those things to be true, but not spiritual folks.

If you try to talk to religious people about "source energy" or "vibrational energy fields," or "vibratory imprints," or even galaxies, stars, and the cosmos, in most cases, they won't even listen to you. That's because Religious people are closed-minded; Spiritual people are much more open-minded, and we tend to be voracious readers.

I don't like to specifically specify my religion, or put a name on it because there are lots of different aspects of different religions that I feel hold truth. But if people wanted to label my religion, I guess I would fall under the category of Spiritualiy in most people's eyes.

But, I would just like to know if anybody else on here closely identifies to Spirituality? Concepts like source energy and vibrational energy fields? For me, too much of the principles make sense to not be true.

I think those who subscribe to ill defined notions do so out of a need for the comforts of self deception. If you have no specific infomration concerning the spiritual beings, phenomena or "structures" that you choose to believe in, then why not simply acknowledge it? There is no need to shelter yourself within ambiguity; it is a transparent hiding spot and the kind of cannibalistic comfort only drug abuse can match. A mind freed from irrationality is at first like a finger stripped of skin. It's sensitive and even the smallest disturbance of the air pains it. But in time, with cultivation, education and practice, it heals, hardens and becomes useful. Define your religion in specific terms. Call your god(s/esses) by name. Identify your ethical imperatives. Or, be honest, and admit to self deception.

I think those who subscribe to ill defined notions do so out of a need for the comforts of self deception. If you have no specific infomration concerning the spiritual beings, phenomena or "structures" that you choose to believe in, then why not simply acknowledge it? There is no need to shelter yourself within ambiguity; it is a transparent hiding spot and the kind of cannibalistic comfort only drug abuse can match. A mind freed from irrationality is at first like a finger stripped of skin. It's sensitive and even the smallest disturbance of the air pains it. But in time, with cultivation, education and practice, it heals, hardens and becomes useful. Define your religion in specific terms. Call your god(s/esses) by name. Identify your ethical imperatives. Or, be honest, and admit to self deception.

Are you serious? LOL! I have had very real life experiences that support my beliefs. Despite what you may think, Science supports spirituality in certain areas, not that I need science to prove anything before I believe my own life experiences. I have specific information regarding the beings that I speak of. Who said that I didn't? I am not going to define my religion so that people like you can put me in a box because it makes you feel more comfortable. Live and let live.

Look into your trusted Science and you will see what I am talking about.

• 1 year later...

Religions exist to stop all spiritual development. Man will naturally seek his maker. Religion en masse, is one of the estates, (or states), of government.

Every religion is seeded with shards of truth.

These well-chosen -cherrypicked- pieces of truth are selected to act as bait to lure the unsuspecting in. Truth is not easy to find and everyone notices it when they come across it, but in all religions, truth is kept very tight and you will spend a great deal of time there in idleness or servitude, before you realize that you have been deceived... captured... cutoff.

Once you accept that one particular institution or religion is the fountain of truth, then you have been snagged. Good luck getting out!

This is how it works and it explains why each religion has germs of truth within it... often they are different truths. This helps to keep all religions fighting, never listening to each other, and ultimately, all participants are lost... like lost sheep.

That sucks big time! but it is the reality of it. And if you think about it indepth, you'll come to the same conclusion. Read on before reacting.

Spiritual development is achieved by understanding yourself, where you are, why you are here, why you were created, (and as an extension of that, finding your Creator). It cannot work any other way. Anything else is elitism for the number that they will exclude, is huge. You know it would never be allowed to work that way here on the Earth. Everyone must be given a chance, no matter where they were born, (or religion that they were born into).

Getting ahead, (spiritually or otherwise), is a relationship. It always means that you are ahead of someone else. This can be achieved through two means. One is by working on yourself, but that is BLOODY HARD! The easier of the two ways is to downgrade someone else. This is why all religions are elitist. The participants always become "holier than thou". For it is far easier to tear someone else down than it is to build yourself up.

If one person is having difficulty making progress and is frustrated and spnning his wheels, (the kickback to all religions), which method do you think will appeal to him? Which one do you think that he will choose?

You already know the answer.

Anyone who thinks about the world for any length of time learns that we were created. Evoluition is merely a new religion for a new age of morally and spiritually, decrepid people... which is the culture for the new age.

Remember, we live in a world of deception and there is not one normally functioning person above the age of 20 that does know this as much as he knows that he breathes. Do you think that the powers that control this plane would be weak and hard to find? dispersed and ineffective? The Establishment is the source of deception. The source of power here. If religions are not part of the establishment then what is? They have monsterous monuments to themselves, (obelisks or... penises), scarring the world over.

Everyone who has a spirit has spiritual things happen to them at certain points in their lives... with or without the presence of religion... and usually at similar ages. Those who are involved in a religion at the time of their experience(s), believe their religious involvment to be the source of their experience(s). Sometimes the two are quite intertwined. But these experiences would have happened anyway if the person of subject, was undergoing spiritual growth.

Spiritual growth through religion however, is akin to running a foot race on a road made of molasses.

Understand that self-deception produces wierdness in the brain. One must be firmly grounded in reality before genuine spiritual experiences can occur. If your mind and spirii is clouded in self-deception, (whether from an outside source or inside... usually both), then your spirit cannot recognize you and in desperation, this person has dificulty in divorcing their self-induced hallucinations... from the truly spiritual ones.

Hallucinations all intensely religious participants will experience... including those who follow VouDou. They all share the same effects regardless of which religion they follow. Yet not one of those experiencing this so-called spritual growth, ever improve from having had it. They only go into decline.

Look them all up. These so-called "spiritual experiences" are all common. It is quite remarkable! You can take any of these followers and switch religions, labeling, clothing and location, and there would be no difference in their... experiences and reactions... while under these common effects.

However, true spiritual experiences bring with them an inner peace and a forever-lasting, internal satisifaction. It solidifies the individual that experiences it. It does not push them off into LaLa Land. The person will undergo a permanent spiritual change that brings a clarity of mind...Clarity. It does not bring confusion... is does not cloud the mind. This is not something that relates to an orgiasic, spasmodic fit that follows with a feeling of relaxation that is closer to exhaustion and is equally transitory... coming and going, yet leaving nothing permanent or good. You see, you can grow from a child into an adult, but it is a permament change, you cannot go back to being a physical child. The same is true with spiritual growth; it is permanent.

Spiritual people will always seek spiritual growth. To those that rule this world, we are their enemies. With power comes... great power. In other words, they have the power to create any obstacle that they want... for they have unlimited resources. So creating a religion(s) is no big deal to them, but is an absolute necessity in or to maintain control over us all.

The last thing that the elite want is for us to get a clarity of mind... an understanding of the truth. Then they will be seen for who they really are as opposed to us being lost in confusion and spending our lives wandering around looking for our lost heads... spiritually speaking. So, they spend a great deal of our money, keeping us distracted and confused. Obviously, this works.

Still, there are a few lost souls that find their heads and their paths and thus, find growth. It starts by doing what I said above, and by... rooting all forms of "media", (define it), out of your life. For media is the mouth that casts a spell upon your spirit to keep it lost in confusion and wandering around blind from birth until death.

Keep in mind that my words are not in response to anything specific that anyone in particular has said here in this thread, rather I speak in general terms only.

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

I would like to believe we create our own universe including our belief. Throughout my life I try to take something from everything i learned, while trying to take the most positive aspect of the information, the hardest part is accepting the negative ideals. Maintaining this balance of "Ying and Yang" helps me truely understand loving nature and positive spirit, which i believe creates spirituality "aka" religion.

I would like to believe we create our own universe including our belief. Throughout my life I try to take something from everything i learned, while trying to take the most positive aspect of the information, the hardest part is accepting the negative ideals. Maintaining this balance of "Ying and Yang" helps me truely understand loving nature and positive spirit, which i believe creates spirituality "aka" religion.

You created your own belief that 2 + 2 is 4?

How when it was given to you?

Do these folk look like they created their own belief systems?

You mentioned love and yin/yang

Are you saying that love must also have hate? Or can it as yin be complete without the negative yang?

Regards

DL

Regards

DL