Sign in to follow this  
geek

If heaven is not real...

Rate this topic

What calculator? What are you referring to? Do calculators have consciousness? If they do, maybe they can go to heaven....I don't have a lot of knowledge on consciousness.

I wish that Heaven was real.  Unfortunately, the only way we'll ever know if it's real or not is if we DIE :(  It's sad to think that all of the things that we were taught to believe in, without questioning, could possibly be myths.  I think Heaven and Hell are man-made ideas.  Nobody has ever gone to either of these places, and come back with evidence of their journey.  I don't believe that either of them exist. :(

Well, I think one needs a point of reference. Mine would be the Bible, where it does say that Hell is reserved...., so I just want to try not to have a reservatiion. I can't stand heat.

What calculator? What are you referring to? Do calculators have consciousness? If they do, maybe they can go to heaven....I don't have a lot of knowledge on consciousness.

Jesus christ, people don't  actually get the reference? Off to shoot myself in the head. Don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Go read the electronic Bible.

http://vimeo.com/56797008

I wish that Heaven was real.  Unfortunately, the only way we'll ever know if it's real or not is if we DIE :(  It's sad to think that all of the things that we were taught to believe in, without questioning, could possibly be myths.  I think Heaven and Hell are man-made ideas.  Nobody has ever gone to either of these places, and come back with evidence of their journey.  I don't believe that either of them exist. :(

Well you could try to google the term "near death experience" and you can find some convincing results like this one: http://www.near-death.com/

Even the near death experiences are not total proof of whether there is actually a heaven or hell, and we have no real idea of what either one actually consists of anyway. We can guess at it, from what we read in the Bible, but even that has been interpreted in a multitude of ways. Is hell just a graveyard for dead people because the world burns up, or is it really a place where people burn alive endlessly ? I, for one, can't think that God would punish anyone that cruelly. But I can see the earth getting too hot, and burning up.And what is heaven ? Angels sitting on clouds playing harps ? Again, I just can't see a purpose in that. God lives somewhere, and it makes sense to me that it is a planet, or other space-line , and who knows what life will be like if we end up on a planet somewhere.So, my decision, is to live the best life I can, and not worry if there is an afterlife or not, until it becomes a reality for us.

I think it is better to believe in it, just in case. Because should we believe in heaven, and it is real, and we go there, then all is well. If it is not real, we won't notice because we are just rotting in the ground.

But if we don't believe, and it is real, then we go to hell when we die. And I don't think that would be very pleasant...

I think it is better to believe in it, just in case. Because should we believe in heaven, and it is real, and we go there, then all is well. If it is not real, we won't notice because we are just rotting in the ground.

But if we don't believe, and it is real, then we go to hell when we die. And I don't think that would be very pleasant...

Yeah, I'm converting to Mithraism then. Y'know, just in case. 

There are thousands and thousands of religions to pick from, and they all have their versions of afterlife. So hypothetically, even if there is a heaven and hell, and assuming god isn't an unreasonable jerk, I could always say I had no rational reason to pick any religion over the other. However if you pick one religion randomly, and the other turns out to be true, then not sure how you'd justify your position.

I also wish that heaven was real, it'd be nice to be able to relax for the rest of eternity lol. But, chances are there is no such thing. But let's be serious, if you think you're going to heaven, you're going to Hell in several other religions. I don't agree that we should believe "just in case". Why limit what you can do in the life that YOU KNOW you have, only to see if what you did/didnt' do was worth it in the end. Live life to the fullest, that's all I have to say. Heaven or Hell.

Heave and Hell exist within our own mind.

No, they don't. They exist after we, you and I, are dead. By which time, it would be too late to change your mind about it. That's the beauty of the concept of heaven and hell. You have to accept their existence purely on faith or take the risk that you might be wrong. Your choice. It's your life, not mine.

If you believe the biblical description of Heaven, who in their right mind would want to spend "eternity" in such a boring place. Think about it.. what type of music would you hear? All the time .. You would have the "Psalm chants" of the early Church, "Polyphonic" (many voices) music from the Italian Renaissance, and Hymns. I don't like that type of music today, and I would not like it in a heavenly state.. Some people like that type of music, but to me, it's BORING.

Also, if the Christian idea of Heaven were true, then the only people that would occupy this "heavenly" place would be Christians. Holy crap! All the bickering, back-biting, philandeering, wife and husband swapping, lying and cheating, going on in most churches, I think I'll pass. And I'm sure many of you all know a Christian or two, you may even be one yourself. You all know how much mess is typically going on; you know some people who are (pardon the pun), hell-raisers. Just because they go to church and call themselves Christians all their lives, their attitude, focus, and demeanor would not go from bad to good after death. It would be the same as it was in this dimension. So if a Christian is drama-intensive in this life, she will be the same way in a heavenly dimension.

I was researching information for an article I was writing, a couple weeks ago, and I think I found out where the quote came from, "if there are only Christians in Heaven I don't want to go."

It originated from "Hatuey," a Taíno Cacique, or "Chief" from the island of Hispaniola who lived in the early sixteenth century. The Indian chief Hatuey fled with his people but was captured and burned alive. As his captors were tying him to the stake, a Franciscan Friar (disciples of Saint Francis of Assisi , 1182-1226) urged him to:

"Take Jesus to his heart so that his soul might go to heaven, rather than descend into hell." Hatuey replied, "if heaven was where the Christians went, he would rather go to hell."

The first time I heard something similar was a few years ago when a stand-up comic made a joke of this statement. You can definitely see where Chief Hatuey was coming from. These "Christian people" were about to burn him alive and they have the gaul to ask him if he wants to turn his life over to Jesus. How freakin' sick is that?

No, they don't. They exist after we, you and I, are dead. By which time, it would be too late to change your mind about it. That's the beauty of the concept of heaven and hell. You have to accept their existence purely on faith or take the risk that you might be wrong. Your choice. It's your life, not mine.

Great. Some evidence would be a great place to start. And if I'm going to hell for not accepting the concept of heaven and hell, then the god you believe in is a total and utter psycopathic a-hole. No offense. How would you feel if I torture you for not agreeing with me? That makes Hitler seem like Buddha in comparison.

That's not it's "beauty", that's just one of the terribly vile emotional blackmailing invented by humans to control people. (Okay, probably bit of an exaggeration, but still).

....where  do all the calculators go?  :ph34r:
They spend their eternity in landfill Hell, wasting away in their own battery acid while computers have taken over the world.

That'd be pretty cool if heaven were real, but i really doubt it is. of the 4,000 religions around, and the countless that have existed, who's to say that any one religion is right and all the others are wrong? Religion is a way of explaining the unexplainable. When we didn't know where rain came from, it was the Gods, when we didn't know where the earth came from, it was God, and when we didn't understand how our universe came into existence it was God.

Heaven, real or not, inspire us to do good, to do what is right and what is expected of us as a human.  It is something to look forward do after our life on Earth,  And since no one still can really tell if it exists, just the thought of it making us kind-hearted to one another because we all want to go there, despite the uncertainty of its existence, is leading the mankind to betterment. 

Then were do all the good peope go after they leave this world?  And all the good people who have suffered and gone through so much hell on this earth. Do they not deserve to have a special place just for them that is free of all pain. And besides that would certainly blow away the minds of alot of christians who believe they will see God and an eternal life of heaven.

But we will never know for sure till we are dead. I really do hope there is some sort of Utopia or heaven for us to go too. But there are so many different theroies and conjecture. None of us know for sure. So in the meantime lets all coexsist and accept everyones opinions.

For the sake of argument, lets say Heaven is real. Would Heaven be relevant to the gazillion, billion, billion, billion, million to the 100th power of other intelligent civilizations in the Multiverse? Or would Heaven only be applicable to human beings that lived on the "Pale Blue Dot" ?

you-are-here4.jpg

Well, I do believe in Heaven, I can't explain why I believe.  I just have this feeling that tells me that it does indeed exist.  I also think that we are so powerful in our mind sets, that when we dies we tend to see what we believe we will see.  In other words the after life, gives us what we are expecting, but then this is just my opinion.  As for calculators going to Heaven, tell me do PC's also go to Heaven I would like to think that my PC that crashed two years ago did, all right just joking.  Actually its in a brain dead coma hoping for the day it will get a new hard drive and live again.