Trinity

5 Reasons Why I’ll Never Get a Flu Shot

Rate this topic

By Daisy Luther, Contributor
Activist Post

If you’re looking for a deeply scientific treatise on the flu shot, this isn’t it.

I’m not a chemist, a physician or someone with an advanced degree in biology. I’m just a mom with an Internet connection. I’m a person who has researched and compiled an assortment of worrisome facts that point in one direction: the flu shot is NOT beneficial.

Some of these reasons are backed up by science, and others are an acceptance of that little voice of reason whispering “Something just isn’t right about this.” As a reader, you are welcome to take my personal instinct with a grain of salt. I strongly encourage you to do your own independent research and come to your own conclusions. Look for sources that are not linked to the dollars being earned from these flu shots – no Big Pharma funded studies, no CDC, no FDA. Check out the funding for the studies that you cite and then judge the findings accordingly.

Full article can be found here:-

http://thedcpost.com/?p=23515

I agree with you Trinity, they arent for people our age.  They are for OAPs or people with compromised immune systems.

I have worked somewhere where the boss paid for everyone to have a flu shot, in the vain hope of people not taking time off due to the flu.  The irony is, he doesnt pay sick pay anyway, so all it costs him is lost production.

The even greater irony is that this is the sickest place to work I have ever worked.  One time a colleague got an ear infection, the next week two more people have it.  When did an ear infection be contagious amongst adults?  

Other examples are a bug that makes you dizzy for 6-8 weeks.  Coughs that last for months.  Generally feeling tired. Upset stomachs.

If it was just me that got these problems (and I should point out I didnt get the flu jab!)  I would be worried that it was a sign of something seriously wrong with me.  But thankfully (hehe) its everyone.

Health is just a fragile precious thing, and I think its very easy to take it for granted.  And letting someone inject you with a cocktail of chemicals in the vane hope that you dont get flu (which lets face it lasts 2 weeks) is crazy.

I've never had the flu jab - and I worked in a hospital for 2 years, where the staff were "urged" to get one "for their own health benefits"...Because when you're around contagious people all day, you really want to be making your immune system more vulnerable!?

Never intend to get it so long as my body is doing fine keeping it away for me. Which it does! :D

I've never had the flu jab - and I worked in a hospital for 2 years, where the staff were "urged" to get one "for their own health benefits"...Because when you're around contagious people all day, you really want to be making your immune system more vulnerable!?

Never intend to get it so long as my body is doing fine keeping it away for me. Which it does! :D

Did you find that this viewpoint was shared by a lot of the doctors and nurses? I thought I read that 50% of hospital staff refuse the shots.

I would refuse the shot as well. I have heard some pretty eerie stuff about getting a flu shot, people having post shot heath issues that are serious. Also, I am not all that worried about the flu. I get the flu every few years and usually get over it in about five days or so. Yeah it sucks but the problems that could ensue with the flu shot are a lot worse then dealing with the flu itself, which isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be. Like the Swine Flu, when that was going around, I got the flu, went to the doctors, he said it was the Swine Flu, and told me not to worry about it. A week later I was fine. 

This is interesting, I was actually talking to a friend earlier about getting my yearly flu shots. But yeah, I do remember that every single flu shot I had, I got really sick after. And they are pretty expensive from where I come from compared to drinking lots of water and getting alot of sleep when youre down with the flu.

Lets take an even more basic look at the flu shot shall we? It's human made within the past century and is continuously being modified, need I say more? I am not in favor of injecting myself with anything man made, medical or otherwise. Within the past 20 years there have been reports that the Gov wanted to inject newborns with a radioactive substance that would allow tracking of individuals over their entire lives, from space, so forgive me if I choose not to take their word at face value.

Personal choice, this is mine, my kids however will get all their flu shots and can decide for themselves what they want when they grow up.

I am not a fan of the flu shot either. I can understand my grandparents taking it, they have a worse immune system than me, but I refuse. I don't get the flu every year as things stand, so why bother? On top of that, I know plenty of people who ended up getting the flu after the shot. Just because of it. It seems like a waste of money, just to get the flu anyway.

It's not for me either. 

If I were elderly, worked with the elderly or in large groups of people constantly, then I suppose I might consider it. The keyword there is "might" because I'm still not convinced that even then, it would be worth me getting. 

I know what it's like to get the flu....heck, I got swine flu a few years back and it crippled me for weeks (literally, couldn't get out of bed). I would love to be able to avoid getting the regular ol' run of the mill flu, too, but not by taking a shot that's likely going to kick off the symptoms for me anyway -and- isn't really going to prevent me from getting it. 

Guest just me

Agreed - my mother had me gettin flu shots all the time when i was young and i CONSTANTLY had it -

Personally, I think the flu shot is a scam designed by the FDA and the government to fill their own pockets. I also agree that many of the viruses like swine and avian/bird flu were developed by the FDA, released into the public, then broadcasted worldwide as a "pandemic" to instill fear in people. Notice how a vaccine is available merely hours or days after the initial "outbreak". I've never had a flu shot in my life and my immune system Is one of the strongest.

Personally, I think the flu shot is a scam designed by the FDA and the government to fill their own pockets. I also agree that many of the viruses like swine and avian/bird flu were developed by the FDA, released into the public, then broadcasted worldwide as a "pandemic" to instill fear in people. Notice how a vaccine is available merely hours or days after the initial "outbreak". I've never had a flu shot in my life and my immune system Is one of the strongest.

I think you are right.  But lets hope it is merely a way of selling their products for large profits, and not a way of reducing the population or targeting specific countries.  Imagine how much cheaper wars would be if they could release a deadly flu in their target country and leave it to get to work.

No soldiers would die, and they would have plausible deniability.  Of course they would still have to invade to "help" that country and restore order, and of course keep the oil flowing.

I have had the flu shot one time in my life, and it was 15 years ago. I actually got the flu two months later and ended up in hospital for dehydration. That was the first and only time I ever had the flu. I will never get a flu shot again. 

I have not had the flu for six or seven years. Nor have I gotten a flu shot. I do not want the viirus injected into my body. I read some information by Dr. Blaylock,

who lost both his parents to Alzeimers, then decided to study brain diseases. He states that getting a flu shot with the mercury, wiil increase your risk of getting Alzeimers. I'll take his word for it.

i

have not had the flu for six or seven yearas

I've been one to get flu shots every year because my parents always forced me to do so. I've actually just gotten one a few days ago. While I've never experienced catching flu before, I don't really ever remember myself getting sick from the flu shots that I've recieved in the past.

I would not get a FLU shot either. I heard it's not all that effective and the government puts mercury or some other illicit or harmful substance inside of it. I am not to sure about that thought, but regardless the best way to stay healthy is to eat naturl fresh foods with no chemicals or anything where the ingredients have a long scientific name and excercise! Keep it simple and you won't need the flu shot because you'll be building a stronger immune system.

I'm reminded of a book a friend of mine read which explained that several of the worlds larger flu outbreaks, weren't natural incidents at all but altered varieties of flu bugs that escaped from research laboratories before more stringent isolation protocols were developed. Just think of that scientist in, Holland I believe it was, concentrating the bird flu into something a hundred times more deadly. Why? Why do scientists do these things? Ugh..

When  was younger i would listen to my parents and recieve a flu shot from my mothers work program, because i thought it was beneficial. Now i am honestly scared of what else the government lies about, and manipulates to get money from us. Not sure how credible the author of that article is, but i could see this being one of the causes of mass illnesses like depression that is sweeping our country. This info could go hand in hand with population control for all i know.

By Daisy Luther, Contributor

Activist Post

If you’re looking for a deeply scientific treatise on the flu shot, this isn’t it.

I’m not a chemist, a physician or someone with an advanced degree in biology. I’m just a mom with an Internet connection. 

The main issue with the flu shot is that the folks who come up with it have to guess every year and what the prevalent strains of the flu will be before they hit. It's like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet while riding a horse. 

That being said, how do you feel about other more standard vaccinations? 

"I'm just a mom with internet connection"--I love that! I agree, one doesn't have to be a chemist, physician or studying biology to know of certain things because the internet is so advanced now. You can practically study anything you want on the internet and you can research anything. I agree with you 100% on the flut shot. Personally, I wouldn't get the shot and I have never gotten the shot in the past. I think it is a way for them to make money; they know that people will hang on to their every word and actually pay to get a flu shot just because of their title: physician or pharmacist. I have no idea what's in there and there's a possiblity that I could have a side effect. Until I know for sure that it is organic or 100% effective, I won't get the shot. I will stick to fruits and orange juice--intaking a sufficient amount of vitamin C.

"I'm just a mom with internet connection"--I love that! I agree, one doesn't have to be a chemist, physician or studying biology to know of certain things because the internet is so advanced now. You can practically study anything you want on the internet and you can research anything.

The Internet is full of non-peer reviewed sources. If you rely soley upon the Internet for your reasearch without checking sources, you're going to come up with faulty conclusions.

I will stick to fruits and orange juice--intaking a sufficient amount of vitamin C.

Peer reviewed studies conducted since the 1970s have shown that Vitamin C has no effect on preventing colds, although it may SLIGHTLY reduce the serverity of one. Same goes for Zinc. They hype of Vitamin C having such wonderous properties comes from the huge Orange Growers lobby from Florida and from various other fringe groups within the FDA that are trying to line their own pockets. I'm afraid you've been taken in by "Big Orange". And don't even get me started on Zinc.

I agree with you, 

It seems like it's the latest trend for people to get a pre-emptive flu shot just so they won't get sick for a couple of days. I personally would rather let myself fall ill for a day or two and let my immune system come back stronger than take a vaccine for something fairly harmless. In my opinion vaccines should only be used to prevent diseases that are genuinely life-threatening.

I have read many studies that support your instinct. Flu-shots seem to do more harm than good. I steer clear of them, I rather deal with the ocassional Flu.

The thing is, vaccines are there to help your body create antibodies against the disease. This counts for flu, h1n1, pox, anything. And so far the only way for your body to create antibodies is to get infected. That's why you get sick after a shot. Because it actually is the virus you're getting infected with, even if it is a "dumbed down" strain. And this freaks a lot of people out, because hey, this thing is actually supposed to keep you from getting sick, right? Wrong. It's actually supposed to make you sick, though not as sick as you would be when you catch the real thing, so your body can create the antibodies.

Knowing this, I am neither for nor against vaccines. Because chances are I might not even get the disease, so why would I want to get myself sick on purpose?

But on the account of more serious diseases, like polio or pox, I think it's better to be safe and get the minor infection, so that your immune system is ready for it if the real thing should ever come your way.

I am very skeptical about the vaccines. 

It's very hard to decide who to believe.

You risk when being on either side, unless you know the truth.