Sign in to follow this  
B-52

The shrinks are spiking my coffee!

Rate this topic

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/rhythms-recovery/201708/coffee-is-drug-not-beverage-drink-just-not-too-much

Leslie E. Korn Ph.D, MPH, LMHC, ACS, NTP

>>>Coffee is a drug, not a beverage. Thus, it should be used like a drug, sparingly and only for specific purposes to alter consciousness, consciously.<<<

>>>In my clinical practice, some people who have been sexually abused, or had abusive toilet training practices as children, or who have been conditioned to believe touching their anus should be avoided, (anal retentive) or who have negative associations with fecal elimination, may be resistant to this form of detoxification and need not be pressured but can be reassured. In these cases, it must remain a personal decision about whether to proceed with this method of detoxification. Not everyone will choose to do it ...<<<

1. Caffeine is a mild stimulant and diuretic. If it is anything more than that, I didn't ask for anything "extra" in my coffee.
  2. Coffee is not a mind-altering substance. If it is, something else is in the coffee that shouldn't be there.
  3. Coffee enemas? Sounds more like a circumlocution or euphemism for male homosexual date rape. That's just too bizarre to be taken literally.
  4. Detoxification? The diuretic effects of caffeine might make your kidneys produce a little more urine, but if the coffee is brewed with fresh water as it should be, then non-alcoholic fluids are fluids, and certainly necessary and helpful to "detoxify."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/rhythms-recovery/201708/integrative-medicine-withdraw-and-detoxify-nicotine

>>>Among many American Indians, smoking and cessation strategies are culturally linked to sacred tobacco use.<<<

Same "gal."  Sounds more like a homosexual man writing under a female pseudonym.  Smoking the peace pipe way too heavy.  It's time to go on the warpath over this nonsense.