Dreek Lass

Who Created God?

Rate this topic

What do you think? There are so many avenues that this discussion could travel down. One could say that the conspiracy created religion, and therefor created God. But, what is your take on it? Where do you think that the concept of there even being a God originally came from. From within?

If I remember correctly, it says in the Bible which I use for a point of reference, that "in the beginning was the word, and the word was God". God created Himself. I do not argue over this point, because one must have faith to believe, as God is a mystery. If one has not been given the ability to believe in the concept of God, then there is no use in deliberating about it. It will remain a mystery to  that person, possibly forever.

"In the beginning, Man created God".

The sentence said it all.

There is a whole misconception regarding religion, back in the days when there was no technology, no electricity, no anatomy, no major science. The human population would often be confronted with situations that none of them could explain. The easiest way for them to explain it was through religion.

Gods, Angels, Servants, Church, all created because of the simple fault in understanding the world.

Let me tell you about the Nordic Mythology, almost everyone has heard about it.. They had gods, simply because they couldn't explain certain things. They couldn't understand thunders, so Thor was born, and since basically they had nothing else to do, they would simply get Gods for certain situations happening in the world.

I think the god of the BIBLE was definitely created by MAN.  I don't believe that "God" is some guy with a big beard, that sits on a throne all day, listening to harps and angels singing.  The Bible is a very poetic and magically written book, but with a little common sense, anybody can see that the book is not to be taken literally.  I feel like a lot of people believe the Bible word for word, so that's why they often have this crazy image of who and what god is.  For all we know, he might not be in the image of man at all.... He might be a SHE...

I also think about that when my mind is idle, like where did God come from? But I know that until I die, I guess I will never know at all. That's actually one of the first things that I would ask God when I die, I will ask Him where did He come from, because I'm very curious. That's also the reason why we call Him as God, because He is God, like He can make planets and living creatures out of nothing, and His wisdom is infinite.

"In the beginning, Man created God".

The sentence said it all.

There is a whole misconception regarding religion, back in the days when there was no technology, no electricity, no anatomy, no major science. The human population would often be confronted with situations that none of them could explain. The easiest way for them to explain it was trough religion.

Gods, Angels, Servants, Church, all created because of the simple fault in understanding the world.

Let me tell you about the Nordic Mythology, almost everyone has heard about it.. They had gods, simply because they couldn't explain certain things. They couldn't understand thunders, so Thor was born, and since basically they had nothing else to do, they would simply get Gods for certain situations happening in the world.

I actually think that this is a very valid point to bring up. But I still feel like even now, in a time where we have science and electricity and all of those things: I feel like the presence of God is still with us, even though we have other ways to explain things now. We've now found a way to kind of marry Science and God, by way of spirituality and string theory and vibrational frequencies and things such as that.

Nobody created god. Nothing created god. God is the superbeing who created everything from the earth, to plants, to animals, to people, to sin, to conspiracy theories, to darwinism etc. God created it all. Why isn't our question to ask, it's what does god want us to do with all of it. Conspiracy theories, the big bang theory, evolution, darwin, and athiest were all created to help seperate believers from non believers. Heaven and Hell are very real places and unfortunately, the non believers will be spending eternity burning while the believers will spend eternity in the most amazing place imaginable, all because of pompus attitudes and mis information. It's sad. Whatever reasoning you have for non believing doesn't matter, I just hope that you take the time to actually learn what this God is and why he's important from mine and others stand points. It would be such a shame to suffer for eternity burning forever and ever because you didn't take the time to learn or because you have something to "prove." What if it is real? Where will you be?

Man created god.   Who created Thor?  Odin? Apollo?  Venus? Shiva?  And so on.  The strange thing to me is that everyone would agree man invented these gods.  But if you say who created the Christian god and Jesus, then they think they are real.   So why is Jesus real but not Thor?

God is the superbeing who created everything from the earth, to plants, to animals, to people, to sin, to conspiracy theories, to darwinism etc. God created it all. 

So according to you, God created Nazis and racism and nuclear weapons, cancer and everything else nasty?

Why is everyone worshipping the christian god here suddenly?
Every religion creates it's god, for the Islams there is Allah, will they tell you that they created him? no.
I respect your opinion, but don't try to mislead mine.
I've dealt with many things in my life, I wish to believe that I don't need to praise a god, because if there is a god, it's either every single person or a big man up there.
Telling me that we created the nord gods but that Jesus's father was here before us is absurd.
I've had way more reasons to believe that there is no god looking out for me, I've never had any help thank to gods, all that I've achieved in a troubled life was all thanks ty my own effort and strenght.
And don't tell me that I need to have faith, I had faith, until I realized that it was a absurd concept to give hope to a broken society.
It's actually insultuous that every christian that I encounter instantly thinks that he is the correct person and wants to change my mind to think the same way, maybe you should make some effort to open your minds to new thinkings.

saganDalaiLama.jpg

This picture is one of the most underrated pictures in teh world.
It shows Carl Sagan, a scientific genious that shaped space exploration and physics in the 80's and 90's.
And Dalai Lama, there is really no need in explaining who he is.
This is a picture of Carl explaining Dalai how the universe is formed and constructed, and Dalai is simply learning from him, he is a man of religion yet he took his time to understand Carl's thoughts.

Christians should learn with them, the buddhist, the atheists, the agnostics, none shoves their opinions in your face and forces you to agree to it.

I don't think Sagan is someone who shaped up space exploration, but he is one of the pioneers of skeptical movement and one of my favorite scientists of all time. And of course, one of the most prominent popularizers of science too. As  for Dalai Lama, I think of him much more highly than I do think of other religious leaders, many of whom I loathe.

Very well said AXM6557. The problem is that it takes faith to believe God is, and the non-beievers do not have it, and may never have it. I think there is a saying to the effect that God will confuse the non-believers, they will never see what is truth and  real. They want to see what they want to see, and the revelation of God and His teachings eludes them.. There is light but you must want to see it and they do not, so darkness prevails. Cheers.

Very well said AXM6557. The problem is that it takes faith to believe God is, and the non-beievers do not have it, and may never have it. I think there is a saying to the effect that God will confuse the non-believers, they will never see what is truth and  real. They want to see what they want to see, and the revelation of God and His teachings eludes them.. There is light but you must want to see it and they do not, so darkness prevails. Cheers.

Makes no sense at all. Why would god want to confuse non believers? Have you ever thought maybe we are non believers since there is no reason to believe in god(s) due to the lack of evidence? What revelations are you talking about? And what if someone from any other religion repeats the same twaddle - i.e. "you just see what you want to see and believe in false god, blah de blah"?

Providing some evidence for the existence of the aforementioned deity would be a good place to start.

I read somewhere that in the realm of 'God', there is no time. Time is man-made. And you need time for consecutive events like who created who. For that reason, no one created God. He was just...there.

I'm utterly confused with this too. It goes both ways. If there's no God, who created what created the Earth? And if there's God, how did he come to existence?  

I don't think Sagan is someone who shaped up space exploration, but he is one of the pioneers of skeptical movement and one of my favorite scientists of all time. And of course, one of the most prominent popularizers of science too. As  for Dalai Lama, I think of him much more highly than I do think of other religious leaders, many of whom I loathe.

Once again you are deviating form the purpose of that post.

What I meant with that picture is that Dalai Lama, a religious leader with his obvious faith in buddhism, is still open to new theories and trying to understand Sagan's beliefs and claims. Same for Sagan, which doesn't believe in buddha for isntance, but is still there talking to Dalai and trying to understand his beliefs too.

What you just did was saying again that I have no faith and that I just don't want to open my eyes, I've tried to have faith, it didn't work.

Your attitude is everything that's wrong in the religious world, you are the close minded people that make this society of open-minded people hate you and religion.

Geek, why would God kill? As He said "I kill and I make alive". God is a  mystery. If you want to know Him, you must seek Him with an honest heart. He will reveal Himself. Man does not have the answer, unless God opens his or her eyes.

Geek, why would God kill? As He said "I kill and I make alive". God is a  mystery. If you want to know Him, you must seek Him with an honest heart. He will reveal Himself. Man does not have the answer, unless God opens his or her eyes.

Why would God Kill?  God has killed millions of people according to the bible.  He is a vengeful jealous god remember.  In Hebrews 10:30-31 we read, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. And again, the Lord will judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"

Lets also not forget, flooding the entire world such that Noah had to build an arc. Or do we not believe that any more?  Or how about killing the innocent first born children of the people of Egypt during the time of Mosses. (And all the other people who were killed in subsequent plagues.)  Or do we not believe that any more?  How many were burnt to death at Sodom and Gomorrah?

Of course if you dont believe he killed the entire world by flooding it or the story of Sodam or Mosses, then how can you choose the bits you believe and the bits you dont?  Of course its all made up,

This link, provides lots more people God supposedly killed:-

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/godkills.htm

Neo. I know the answer. I was responding to Geek who asked why would God confuse non-believers. Just as He did with those building the Tower of Babel. My point was that God does not always do, what would appear to be the right thing in the eyes of men.

GGovan, I am very openminded, but to the truth. Your hatred won't get you where you want to go. He will not hide Himseff from those who want to see Him. It is you who have to convince Him. I have nothing to do with it. So save your hatred for a better purpose. Open your  heart, the light will find you.  Cheers.

Just like the idea that the brain named itself "the brain," God is just a ploy for humanity to believe and comfort on something else. It controls men and brings them to their knees. A powerful creature that doesn't exist (?) 

I read somewhere that in the realm of 'God', there is no time. Time is man-made. And you need time for consecutive events like who created who. For that reason, no one created God. He was just...there.

I'm utterly confused with this too. It goes both ways. If there's no God, who created what created the Earth? And if there's God, how did he come to existence?  

It's very easy to be confused by the notion that there is no time or chronilogical order in the non-physical, because our only experiences are from this perspective, from the perspective of the physical, where time pretty much runs our lives. The idea is that everything already exists, but to experience a certain thing, you have to attract it, or be a vibrational match to it, if that makes any sense. So all possibilities are already out there, apparently. So even before man came to be, the idea of man was already there and so was God.

God works in mysterious ways is the lamest excuse to evade any questions. And don't give me that honest heart crap, please. If it doesn't work, then the person didn't seek him with his/her 'honest heart' - how convenient, isn't it? I mean screw logic and reason, yeah?

I could believe in anything including the Greek gods if I'm being uncritical and am willing to swallow any nonsense without using reason.

Once again you are deviating form the purpose of that post.

What I meant with that picture is that Dalai Lama, a religious leader with his obvious faith in buddhism, is still open to new theories and trying to understand Sagan's beliefs and claims. Same for Sagan, which doesn't believe in buddha for isntance, but is still there talking to Dalai and trying to understand his beliefs too.

What you just did was saying again that I have no faith and that I just don't want to open my eyes, I've tried to have faith, it didn't work.

Your attitude is everything that's wrong in the religious world, you are the close minded people that make this society of open-minded people hate you and religion.

Wait I'm confused, why'd you quote me there? You meat to just respond to artistry, right? 

I think the god of the BIBLE was definitely created by MAN.  I don't believe that "God" is some guy with a big beard, that sits on a throne all day, listening to harps and angels singing.  The Bible is a very poetic and magically written book, but with a little common sense, anybody can see that the book is not to be taken literally.  I feel like a lot of people believe the Bible word for word, so that's why they often have this crazy image of who and what god is.  For all we know, he might not be in the image of man at all.... He might be a SHE...

The God of the Bible has always existed. He had no beginning and has no end because He created time. It's hard for us to wrap our human minds around that because our whole existence right now is based in time. He also refers to Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, all of which are denoted in pronouns as "He."

Your view of God as a guy who just sits and listens to angels singing and playing harps is based off popular misconceptions and not the Bible itself. First off, the Bible never says that angels sing. Also, while God does sit on the throne of heaven, he is also omnipresent. The Bible shows that God is actively involved in the lives of people, whether they understand it or not.

God is not made in the image of man, but man (and woman) were made in the image of God.

The Bible was written to be taken literally. While there's some passages that sound like crazy imagery, it's usually prophetic things that a person from 70AD or earlier and was trying to put into words that anybody from that time could understand. When Jesus said, "Love your enemies and do good to those who persecute you," does that seem like wild crazy poetic imagery, or a literal command?

The God of the Bible has always existed. He had no beginning and has no end because He created time. It's hard for us to wrap our human minds around that because our whole existence right now is based in time.

And you know this how? Bible is not the evidence, Bible is the claim. Where's the evidence?

Also, while God does sit on the throne of heaven, he is also omnipresent. The Bible shows that God is actively involved in the lives of people, whether they understand it or not.

If this is true, that  does make god clearly accountable for ALL the evil in the world, caused by man or that beyond our control. Even if such a deity existed, would make no sense why anyone would worship him.

The Bible was written to be taken literally. While there's some passages that sound like crazy imagery, it's usually prophetic things that a person from 70AD or earlier and was trying to put into words that anybody from that time could understand. When Jesus said, "Love your enemies and do good to those who persecute you," does that seem like wild crazy poetic imagery, or a literal command?

So I take it that you believe these verses literally too?

"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

I assume you take those literally as well? Those are few of them, and putting them in any context doesn't make it any less morally corrupt or sicker.