• 7 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the god of the BIBLE was definitely created by MAN.  I don't believe that "God" is some guy with a big beard, that sits on a throne all day, listening to harps and angels singing.  The Bible i

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after m

How the saying go....a scientist will read 1,000 books and STILL know there is much to learn about our universe- a Christian will read ONE..and all of a sudden they have the answer to it all!     S

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NeoTheOne420 said:

From the source itself. I created myself.

Hmm.

Are you not a product of the environment you grew up in.

By that I mean, if you had a good parenting start, would you not be a whole different person if you would have been raised in an abusive environment?

To take an extreme case. Would you have the same notions on sexual matters if your dad had been a sexual pervert?

You cannot ignore the environment, both physical and mental, that you grew up in. Stats show that the poorer you are, the less of a chance you have of being in the best environment for your mental and physical progress.

Regards

DL 

59 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Hmm.

Are you not a product of the environment you grew up in.

By that I mean, if you had a good parenting start, would you not be a whole different person if you would have been raised in an abusive environment?

To take an extreme case. Would you have the same notions on sexual matters if your dad had been a sexual pervert?

You cannot ignore the environment, both physical and mental, that you grew up in. Stats show that the poorer you are, the less of a chance you have of being in the best environment for your mental and physical progress.

Regards

DL 

I am the Creator of all things, my environment was created before anyone and anything ever existed. I have always existed. I am poor but rich in Heaven.  Chance means nothing to me for I outlive the odds of chance. I hit chance. whether I have only 10% or .00000000001% , God power is God.

• 3 weeks later...

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" [Isaiah 43:10].

"{A Prayer of Moses the man of God.} Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" [Psalms 90:1-2].

23 minutes ago, Stinger XX said:

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" [Isaiah 43:10].

"{A Prayer of Moses the man of God.} Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" [Psalms 90:1-2].

Moses, a man of God, how droll.

If that were true, then Moses would not have changed the law of divorce and would have held to God's no divorce policy.

Regards

DL

21 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Moses, a man of God, how droll.

If that were true, then Moses would not have changed the law of divorce and would have held to God's no divorce policy.

Regards

DL

"I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.  Thou shalt have no other gods before me" [Exodus 20:2-3].

1 hour ago, Stinger XX said:

"I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.  Thou shalt have no other gods before me" [Exodus 20:2-3].

Yes and I showed that Moses did.

Either start discussing instead of thumping or go away.

You sound like a religious nutcase if all you do is thump.

Regards

DL

On 3/10/2013 at 7:04 AM, Dreek Lass said:

What do you think? There are so many avenues that this discussion could travel down. One could say that the conspiracy created religion, and therefor created God. But, what is your take on it? Where do you think that the concept of there even being a God originally came from. From within?

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you" [Luke 17:20-21].

57 minutes ago, Stinger XX said:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you" [Luke 17:20-21].

That thinking needs to be expanded and was by Gnostic Christianity.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The bestthat can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM&feature=player_embedded

Regards

DL

• 1 month later...

Most Pagans believe in a historical pantheon of Gods/Goddesses representative of many aspects of a single field of consciousness (Spirit). Concepts of Avatar beings such as Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Angels and Demons are human fabrications to facilitate the agenda and potentiate the power of religious institutions intent on wielding psychological influence over the population. In some historical events humans have established themselves as representative of or host to some divinity or demi-god. Archeological evidence does not substantiate otherwise.

Right or wrong a belief signifies only that we do not yet know and has no power to determine fate or consequence. It matters little what we believe. We are free to do as we will as long as we harm none. We are creators of individual and collective destiny. Spirit does not know we exist until each reaches out to touch and assimilate with whatever Spirit might be. One need not be religious to be spiritual. It is engagement and focus of mental energies into the web of Akasha (cosmic consciousness) that opens portals between worlds and has nothing to do with belief.

We must create a presence in the realm of Spirit to establish persistent genetic and past life experience memories that might endure beyond our physical demise if we hope to eventuate into immortality.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Shekinah said:

Most Pagans believe in a historical pantheon of Gods/Goddesses representative of many aspects of a single field of consciousness (Spirit). Concepts of Avatar beings such as Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Angels and Demons are human fabrications to facilitate the agenda and potentiate the power of religious institutions intent on wielding psychological influence over the population. In some historical events humans have established themselves as representative of or host to some divinity or demi-god. Archeological evidence does not substantiate otherwise.

Right or wrong a belief signifies only that we do not yet know and has no power to determine fate or consequence. It matters little what we believe. We are free to do as we will as long as we harm none. We are creators of individual and collective destiny. Spirit does not know we exist until each reaches out to touch and assimilate with whatever Spirit might be. One need not be religious to be spiritual. It is engagement and focus of mental energies into the web of Akasha (cosmic consciousness) that opens portals between worlds and has nothing to do with belief.

We must create a presence in the realm of Spirit to establish persistent genetic and past life experience memories that might endure beyond our physical demise if we hope to eventuate into immortality.

There is no proof as yet for an Akasha (cosmic consciousness), although I have claimed to finding it the one time when I suffered my apotheosis.

As to immortality, it is overrated and not something to be desired, --- as written by those who write of Shangri-La, --- as that would be a death desiring boring existence.

It would be like having to watch re-runs forever.

Have you ever spoken to long lived people in residence?

They seek death here to end their boredom and they have only endured a relatively few years of life existence and life.

Regards

DL

The big boys on a multiplicity of worlds have evolved ways of acquiring immortality if they so wish. Natural biological organisms are frail and short lived making it difficult to achieve much headway in materializing big dreams and a deep future. We are the stuff of gods with infinite potential if we wish to make quantum leaps in enhanced/faciliated evolution. Biology is only a stepping stone till we learn to do better. Consciousness, intelligence and wisdom can be hosted in other then biological containers. Remote viewing, projection and bi-location suggests consciousness can be extra-corporal and function beyond known laws of physics.   Hermes: "If you believe nothing is impossible, and consider yourself immortal, and that you can understand all things you can at once be everywhere, in the sea, on the earth and in the heavens".  and "Command your mind to fly into the heavens and it will not need wings, It will fly to the furthest body sooner then you can bid it".  Religious myth and lore is filled with beings from other realms who are beyond mortality and spacial limitations.

Concerning Akasha, Many of our leading scientific and philosophical minds speak of acquiring original thoughts, eureka moments and innovative breakthroughs by moments in meditation and deep contemplation thereby touching some mysterious source of knowledge. Also we see through history that monumental technical achievements have occurred almost simultaneously by other people from other countries suggesting that consciousness and ideas seem to be flittering around ethereal spaces available to any who may be tuned in to a pool of thought.

7 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

Concerning Akasha, Many of our leading scientific and philosophical minds speak of acquiring original thoughts, eureka moments and innovative breakthroughs by moments in meditation and deep contemplation thereby touching some mysterious source of knowledge. Also we see through history that monumental technical achievements have occurred almost simultaneously by other people from other countries suggesting that consciousness and ideas seem to be flittering around ethereal spaces available to any who may be tuned in to a pool of thought.

Those with new ideas usually say that they were from their own minds. Your strokes are way to braud when speaking of minorities.That aside.

As to Akasha, have a look at this discussion on the latest science.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/famous-neuroscientist-proves-telepathy.140351/

I think that Dr. Michael Persinger is on the right track in finding our cosmic consciousness. The problem I see with contact with any mind or consciousness, --- and knowing where it is, --- is that from within it, one cannot tell where it is or even if it is only our own minds or consciousness filling in the blanks with what we want to believe.

Without outside verification, even a real experience cannot be proven.

Regards

DL 

I might also say give me some verification of religious beliefs that defy scientific logic and common sense. No intention to buy into a conversation with anyone afflicted by religiosity. Matters little to me what anyone believes or not I simply toss tidbits not in violation of national secrets that might stimulate an archaic global mindset to wake up.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:19 PM, Stinger XX said:

I'm beginning to understand this part 'Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD....    Having to witness a lot, it seems, and must be walking in the garden of sadists and crazeballs---for lack of a biblical word.

On 3/10/2013 at 4:39 PM, artistry said:

If I remember correctly, it says in the Bible which I use for a point of reference, that "in the beginning was the word, and the word was God". God created Himself. I do not argue over this point, because one must have faith to believe, as God is a mystery. If one has not been given the ability to believe in the concept of God, then there is no use in deliberating about it. It will remain a mystery to  that person, possibly forever.

What do you say to those who ask for evidence?