Sign in to follow this  
B-52

Military Grooming Standards

Rate this topic

There is way, way, way too much grooming in the military.

Somewhere along the line, but especially about the Vietnam War era, U.S. soldiers came under increasingly strict and harshly enforced grooming standards.

There is no memory of the American Revolutionary soldiers who fought against the British "roundheads," so called because of their short haircuts. Enough said on that topic.

Even for women, nails so short they look compulsively bitten off, and I wonder how they can even pick up a piece of paper or a brass bullet casing. Too many petty rules.

Members of the armed forces, whether on or off duty, cannot mix in safety with the local population when they must adhere to such strict, uniform, and readily identifiable "military" grooming standards.

I am sorry. Shaving your head or beard or legs or whatever and cleaning up the hairs from the sink or bathtub or hallway floor is nothing to be proud of any more than taking a shit in the toilet and wiping your arse with toilet paper. It's time to stop staring in the mirror, move on from the toiletries, and get something useful accomplished toward real-world objectives of defense and offense.

When on a covert mission the military operative mimics the dress and grooming habits of the indigenous population and is able to integrate inconspicuously. When on routine duty military personnel are expected to "follow orders and standards of dress and grooming" for reasons of  hygiene, combat readiness  and simple discipline.  To much freedom results in radical behavior inconsistent with the mission. Excess body, facial and head hair prevents proper sealing of CBR and oxygen masks in combat and flight situations not to mention being a problem with biological, radiological and chemical decontamination. Hair burns and that is not cool on the battle field.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:54 PM, Shekinah said:

Hair burns

Double entendre. Homosexual lust and chemical combustion are two different things. Are women required to wear their hair short? No.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:54 PM, Shekinah said:

When on routine duty

That's a given. There are practical reasons for some of the enforced uniformity. You do not want the enemy to single you out from other personnel "when on routine duty."

Men cutting their own hair is one thing.  Making too big a deal about it, and too much brotherhood bonding about a haircut, or joining a mob at the barbershop, it goes on and on, and there is too much bullshit.

On 29/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, B-52 said:

I am sorry. Shaving your head or beard or legs or whatever and cleaning up the hairs from the sink or bathtub or hallway floor is nothing to be proud of any more than taking a shit in the toilet and wiping your arse with toilet paper. It's time to stop staring in the mirror, move on from the toiletries, and get something useful accomplished toward real-world objectives of defense and offense.

I have seen some of those documentaries where they show life as a new recruit.  They literally teach them how to take a shower!  With one naked demonstrating having a shower and everyone else watching.  Pay special attention to arm pits and genitals lads.

Special Ops and Agency frown on tattoos also they ID you even in IR and starlight scopes. Wanna be a player you gotta obey the rules. Bad attitude to question the rules, might even get ya killed and a Special Operator is an expensive commodity.

The Finns have a saying, that when there is a collection ofthree things, they are either all alike, or all different. If two are alike and the third is different, then it does not belong with the other two.

19 hours ago, Shekinah said:

frown on tattoos also they ID you even in IR and starlight scopes

Tattoos are a "hard" ID, and I don't like them either. However one should not assume that someone with a tattoo got it of his or her own free will. Too many people have fallen in with a bad crowd, been drugged or had their drink spiked, and woken up with a tattoo.

19 hours ago, Shekinah said:

Wanna be a player

I am not a player, and I do not play that game.

• Men in general tend to enforce a certain uniformity in dress and appearance: you must wear the same clothes I do and have your hair cut exactly like I do.
  • Women are much less uniform in dress and appearance, and they tend to enforce the opposite: don't copy my style you lezbo bitch.

There are pimps in the back room of the "establishment" and by enforcing such extreme uniformity they want to put the focus on men's "behavior" and women's looks, beauty, "appearance," and desirablility.

In order for women to charge men money for sex, either the men must be made less attractive to the women than the men are to the women, or the women must be denied wages comparable to men's. Both are unfortunately the order of the day, and it is not good: enforced uniformity, enforced circumcision, and enforced haircutting for men, and menial jobs, fewer promotions, and fewer job opportunities for women are all for the exact purpose of facilitating the exchange of female sex for male money.

Yes, of course humans must procreate and have the desire to do so in order to propagate the species, but with the all-powerful "establishment" nowadays, it is all about the money.