Gnostic Christian Bishop

If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively oppose it?

Rate this topic

If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively oppose it?

Christians and Muslims seem to think so as evidenced by Inquisitions and Jihads.

I am a Gnostic Christian and we have always seen it as part of our belief system to oppose immoral and evil belief systems. We are not pacifists but historically have done our ideological fighting with good arguments instead of violence.

We have also called on all good people to actively oppose religions and ideologies that they feel are immoral and not deserving of their respect. That is a take-off on the adage that for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing. Gnostic Christians believe in spreading good ideologies.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and good moral arguments and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them a better and more moral ways. Some of Christianity has adopted these better ways of late but Islam is lagging and fighting against ideological reform.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did call them out for their evils in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

In whatever belief system you follow, be it humanist, secular, atheistic or religious, does your ideology require you to fight other ideologies or religions you find immoral or harmful to society?

Please specify what ideology you follow in your reply.

Regards

DL

I would be an aggressor only to any belief system that directly threatens my freedom to exist. I know of none that are factual entities that possess true knowledge of ethereal realms and Divine entities so all are of little significance to me. Humanity in-mass is not likely to relinquish long held beliefs to embrace a new truth so what does it matter? "An Ye Harm None Do As Ye Will is the whole of the law" beyond this we are free of any rules or dogma. Go your own way and do your own thing and all be well. I am a solitary, eclectic Witch and have seen enough to know it serves me well. 

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Shekinah said:

I would be an aggressor only to any belief system that directly threatens my freedom to exist. I know of none that are factual entities that possess true knowledge of ethereal realms and Divine entities so all are of little significance to me. Humanity in-mass is not likely to relinquish long held beliefs to embrace a new truth so what does it matter? "An Ye Harm None Do As Ye Will is the whole of the law" beyond this we are free of any rules or dogma. Go your own way and do your own thing and all be well. I am a solitary, eclectic Witch and have seen enough to know it serves me well. 

Thanks for this.

Have you heard that old adage that for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing?

How about doing unto others?

I only ask because of your, "I would be an aggressor only to any belief system that directly threatens my freedom to exist."

I, as a free man, think that my first duty is to insure that all share that freedom and that gives me a responsibility to fight to free others.

I think that if all of usd minded our own business, that slavery would never have been abolished. 

What is you first duty as a free person?

Regards

DL

On 11/4/2017 at 1:35 PM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Yes, without a doubt. The present white nationalist holocaust in America cannot be allowed to continue.

On 11/4/2017 at 1:35 PM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

We are not pacifists but historically have done our ideological fighting with good arguments instead of violence

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A12&version=KJV

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Violence sometimes has some temporary effect "against flesh and blood," but yes, without those good arguments among other things, that violence will simply be revisited upon us by the enemy and in the end overtake and consume all of us. Now we are at war, and as we "acquiesce in the necessity," let us not forget those good and convincing arguments of justice and liberty.

I think a bigger question is.  Do people have morals at all in the 21st century?

As people have always said, the rot starts at the head.  And our governments are the biggest liars, cheats, murderers, perverts etc.  So why would the everyday people think there are things they cannot do because its morally wrong? 

Thinking of something you wouldn't do because its morally wrong.  Now, ask yourself would you do it for $million?  Yes?  Those morals were soon broken.

The other problem is, lots of things that are morally wrong, are things people want to do.  Society has long since broken down, people do not know their neighbours, and those that do, do not give a damn what they think.   And with the internet its easy to find people to do all kinds of kinky stuff.

Equally there is no belief in an all powerful god to punish them for being naughty.  

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Thanks for this.

Have you heard that old adage that for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing?

How about doing unto others?

I only ask because of your, "I would be an aggressor only to any belief system that directly threatens my freedom to exist."

I, as a free man, think that my first duty is to insure that all share that freedom and that gives me a responsibility to fight to free others.

I think that if all of usd minded our own business, that slavery would never have been abolished. 

What is you first duty as a free person?

Regards

DL

We come into this world alone and we leave it alone only you are responsible for and able to influence probabilities concerning your eternal passage through time. Intervention in the affairs of others would be irresponsibly weakening them and reducing their ability to cope with life. We should not remove problems from those who could master them by themselves with sufficient effort. This would be inviting them to take advantage of you and taking away their opportunity to learn.

7 hours ago, Shekinah said:

We come into this world alone and we leave it alone only you are responsible for and able to influence probabilities concerning your eternal passage through time. Intervention in the affairs of others would be irresponsibly weakening them and reducing their ability to cope with life. We should not remove problems from those who could master them by themselves with sufficient effort. This would be inviting them to take advantage of you and taking away their opportunity to learn.

You are not alone when you are born. Without your mothers tit you would die. We are all born dependant on others.

Look at what was allowed to develop thanks to those with your self-centred me only attitude.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Regards

DL

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, B-52 said:

Yes, without a doubt. The present white nationalist holocaust in America cannot be allowed to continue.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A12&version=KJV

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Violence sometimes has some temporary effect "against flesh and blood," but yes, without those good arguments among other things, that violence will simply be revisited upon us by the enemy and in the end overtake and consume all of us. Now we are at war, and as we "acquiesce in the necessity," let us not forget those good and convincing arguments of justice and liberty.

Nicely put buddy.

How and where do you take your views to fight the poor ideologies you find?

Regards

DL

12 hours ago, Trinity said:

I think a bigger question is.  Do people have morals at all in the 21st century?

As people have always said, the rot starts at the head.  And our governments are the biggest liars, cheats, murderers, perverts etc.  So why would the everyday people think there are things they cannot do because its morally wrong? 

Thinking of something you wouldn't do because its morally wrong.  Now, ask yourself would you do it for $million?  Yes?  Those morals were soon broken.

The other problem is, lots of things that are morally wrong, are things people want to do.  Society has long since broken down, people do not know their neighbours, and those that do, do not give a damn what they think.   And with the internet its easy to find people to do all kinds of kinky stuff.

Equally there is no belief in an all powerful god to punish them for being naughty.  

The answer is yes, people have morals in the 21st century.

Most markers for evil that you can think of, per capita, are the best we have ever enjoyed, in spite of governments and religions.

Crime, death by violence including war, slavery and poverty.

https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21578665-nearly-1-billion-people-have-been-taken-out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

Regards

DL

3 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Nicely put buddy.

How and where do you take your views to fight the poor ideologies you find?

There is neither a buddy nor good faith in these words.

19 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

You are not alone when you are born. Without your mothers tit you would die. We are all born dependant on others.

I'm not talking about your biology. I refer to your ethereal essence (Spirit) 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, B-52 said:

There is neither a buddy nor good faith in these words.

I will not compliment you again as you do not seem to recognize it.

Regards

DL

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:25 PM, Shekinah said:

I'm not talking about your biology. I refer to your ethereal essence (Spirit) 

For all we can know without a doubt, there is no such thing.

Regards

DL