Gnostic Christian Bishop

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Rate this topic

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards

DL

On 11/14/2017 at 3:52 AM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

fellowship and tribal needs

Yes, on the one hand humans need to feel a sense of belonging, but on the other hand they need to maintain personal integrity and firm opposition in the face of undesirable and unhealthy peer pressure.

Even the Holy Bible acknowledges that God's kingdom is within one's heart, and by faith.

To those who believe in an evil and corrupt God, God is evil and corrupt, because that is the God they believe in.

To those who believe in a righteous and merciful God, God is righteous and merciful, because God is to them according to their faith.

One thing you didn't mention, is the age of Mary  when she became pregnant with Jesus.   My research tells me she was around 12, 13 when she gave birth.  Although I know she consented in the story. Was she old enough to consent?  Our modern day morals say NO!

8 hours ago, B-52 said:

To those who believe in a righteous and merciful God, God is righteous and merciful, because God is to them according to their faith.

That is nonsense.  I have known many people who believed in a kind merciful god, who have lost family members to horrific circumstances.  Believe what you will, but god will not help you in any circumstances, ever.  He never has, and never will.   Time to evolve and catch up with the rest of us.

6 hours ago, Trinity said:

Was she old enough to consent?

Perhaps not if you assume it was Joseph who impregnated her, but according to the Bible, Joseph did not have sexual intercourse with Mary until after Jesus was born -- and I am not sure that Joseph was all that old either when the Bible talks so much about his father and grandfather and so forth.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Matthew 1%3A25

But step back from the Bible a moment and go back to evolutionary considerations: human females and human males become capable and desirous of procreation at puberty around the age of 12, 13, 14 or so, and are therefore in a biological sense adults at that age, and have been considered legally so throughout much of history.

This is delayed more and more in modern times: you need to wait until you are eighteen; you need to graduate from high school, maybe even college; you need to have a steady job with a good income, establishment references, good credit, and have put some money away in a managed retirement account before you can even think of getting married.  Even back then, they were literally dirt poor to marry at that age and had to depend on the generosity of the wise men who came from the east bearing such precious and life-saving gifts.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, B-52 said:

Yes, on the one hand humans need to feel a sense of belonging, but on the other hand they need to maintain personal integrity and firm opposition in the face of undesirable and unhealthy peer pressure.

Even the Holy Bible acknowledges that God's kingdom is within one's heart, and by faith.

To those who believe in an evil and corrupt God, God is evil and corrupt, because that is the God they believe in.

Theists have to go into intellectual and moral dissonance to end in thinking God to be righteous and merciful and even exist in his supernatural realm.

Regards

DL

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:06 PM, B-52 said:

Even back then, they were literally dirt poor to marry at that age and had to depend on the generosity of the wise men who came from the east bearing such precious and life-saving gifts.

??

How were those gifts life saving gifts?

Regards

DL

3 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

How were those gifts life saving gifts?

Gold, frankincense, and myrrh: precious trading goods for fare to travel to Egypt away from King Herod who was so intent on murdering and mutilating little boys. When Joseph and Mary said no the likely murder of their son, they had to leave the country, with their birth certificates, tax records, and enough funds to travel.

How exactly are we to read the decree from Caesar Augustus? The taxation, then as now, was not just about the money. It was more like this: "Jerusalem and all Judea are at a state of civil unrest.  Little boys are being murdered at law! Get your birth certificates and passports and be ready to leave at any moment!"

14 minutes ago, B-52 said:

Gold, frankincense, and myrrh: precious trading goods for fare to travel to Egypt away from King Herod who was so intent on murdering and mutilating little boys. When Joseph and Mary said no the likely murder of their son, they had to leave the country, with their birth certificates, tax records, and enough funds to travel.

How exactly are we to read the decree from Caesar Augustus? The taxation, then as now, was not just about the money. It was more like this: "Jerusalem and all Judea are at a state of civil unrest.  Little boys are being murdered at law! Get your birth certificates and passports and be ready to leave at any moment!"

Joseph was from a royal house, so the myth goes, and would not need cash as he had enough to rent lodging but there was none to rent.

There is also no Roman records of the murder of all those babies and they were meticulous record keepers.

The Bible is myth. Not history. So says my favorite biblical historian.

Regards

DL

20 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Joseph was from a royal house,

That does not mean that he was independently wealthy, that he "got along" with his family or had access to their money, or that his family approved of his consorting with an underage pregnant girl, or that Joseph was willing to submit to their lustful and ardent demands for circumcision.

No. Joseph was compelled to rise up and flee with Mary and the baby Jesus in the middle of the night, because in his conscience he could not allow the child of God in his care to be injured or killed by the demands of King Herod under the letter of a carnal and fleshly law without the Spirit.

1 hour ago, B-52 said:

That does not mean that he was independently wealthy, that he "got along" with his family or had access to their money, or that his family approved of his consorting with an underage pregnant girl, or that Joseph was willing to submit to their lustful and ardent demands for circumcision.

No. Joseph was compelled to rise up and flee with Mary and the baby Jesus in the middle of the night, because in his conscience he could not allow the child of God in his care to be injured or killed by the demands of King Herod under the letter of a carnal and fleshly law without the Spirit.

You have been listening to the talking serpent and donkey if you are reading your myth in a literal way.

I hope you are not that foolish.

Regards

DL

26 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

You have been listening to the talking serpent and donkey if you are reading your myth in a literal way.

I hope you are not that foolish.

And why then do you read the Old-Testament demand of Leviticus 12 for circumcision in such a "literal" way?  And what, pray tell, exactly, do you mean by literal? If you are not literate, you cannot read anything at all.

>>> 20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Of course.  Under those self-appointed Rabbis, you could not even light the stove to cook breakfast or make coffee in the morning without being arrested on the sabbath day before the worship service, and winter is certainly not the season for Passover.  For Passover, you had to have shoes on their feet, staff in your hands, and your garments fastened with a belt, and be ready to go.

You had wine, unleavened bread, and meat from a lamb slain that very day and roasted over an open fire. Leaven as well as anything that resembles leaven is and always has been harshly forbidden for Passover, and technically any yeast (which converts sugar into CO2 and alcohol) is leaven, so therefore the wine you drank must have been unfermented grape juice: it had to be, or else you would not have been ready to depart on Passover. (Of course this was not so strictly enforced by the Rabbis of that day.)

Thus I believe that the unleavened bread of Passover is best paired with a non-alcoholic wine or unfermented grape juice.

I said not word one on circumcision

That's the trouble. The circumcision or genital mutilation continues and not one word is said to stop it.

I doubt that we can chat much.

Right. We're already so much at law that we need an attorney to distinguish between a public post and a private chat.