Gnostic Christian Bishop

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Rate this topic

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=wRyUWquFHcm4tQXV74XQBw&q=fraud+laws&oq=fraud+laws&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.1003.11584.0.15863.10.10.0.0.0.0.114.1040.3j7.10.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.10.1037...0i131k1.0.nCgTyqsYAOA

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards

DL

AMEN to that.  Every religion is a fraud and should not be taken seriously. The evidence is just not there to validate any religion and their concepts are ridiculous to the scientific mind. From the very beginnings religion has been a tool to subjugate the multitudes with myth to instill fear and obedience. Religion is a bastardization of the original prehistoric Pagan respect and adoration of Natural Law and the great mysteries.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:01 AM, Shekinah said:

AMEN to that.  Every religion is a fraud and should not be taken seriously.

I am upset about this same issue. To the extent that a religion charges money, regulates marriage and family, enforces its rules as law, and encroaches upon the functions of the state, then yes, it is a fraud. At the same time, it would be a mistake not to take fraud seriously.

If I wish or care to study the Bible, I need to be free to buy it at the bookstore alongside holy books of other religions and other non-religious thought.

I am really, really sick of the reversion of the U.S. court system to a parochial childhood Sunday School level of ethics, which does not allow our country to rise above the institutionalized fraud of organized religion.

Far too many people have professed Christianity or other religion and behaved abominably and mistreated other people in the name of their religion.

I refuse to take offense at those who profess atheism and yet behave faithfully in their dealings with other people.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Shekinah said:

AMEN to that.  Every religion is a fraud and should not be taken seriously. The evidence is just not there to validate any religion and their concepts are ridiculous to the scientific mind. From the very beginnings religion has been a tool to subjugate the multitudes with myth to instill fear and obedience. Religion is a bastardization of the original prehistoric Pagan respect and adoration of Natural Law and the great mysteries.

Well put.

They should have stuck to natural law as that is all we need.

I think that that was the main message from most of the sages including the Gnostic Jesus.

Regards

DL

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, F-16 said:

I am upset about this same issue. To the extent that a religion charges money, regulates marriage and family, enforces its rules as law, and encroaches upon the functions of the state, then yes, it is a fraud. At the same time, it would be a mistake not to take fraud seriously.

If I wish or care to study the Bible, I need to be free to buy it at the bookstore alongside holy books of other religions and other non-religious thought.

I am really, really sick of the reversion of the U.S. court system to a parochial childhood Sunday School level of ethics, which does not allow our country to rise above the institutionalized fraud of organized religion.

Far too many people have professed Christianity or other religion and behaved abominably and mistreated other people in the name of their religion.

I refuse to take offense at those who profess atheism and yet behave faithfully in their dealings with other people.

It is tough to not give respect to those who have not put their intelligence and morals into a dysfunctional state the way most religionists have to, to end in idol worship of their vile Gods.

Regards

DL

22 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

They should have stuck to natural law as that is all we need.

Right. That is all that should be enforced by human flesh-and-blood political power in any case. Too many people who don't even believe in a religion themselves use it as a tool to manipulate, use, and abuse other people.

To the extent that there is a spiritual or religious law, that is something to which we answer our own Creator, not something imposed on us by other humans on earth.

13 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

I also agree that praying should be done in private just as one of the Jesus' preached.

Exactly. No prayer in public schools, please.

21 hours ago, F-16 said:

Exactly. No prayer in public schools, please.

Indeed.

I do support comparative religion courses though. They would show the idiocy and range of foolish beliefs. 

Knowledge is the best defence against those who would indoctrinate anyone into a given religion.

The more scholars and others learn about religions, the less likely they are to remain religious.

Regards

DL

Here's another one from Fox News.

>>>Today’s Chaplain Corps includes leaders from a wide spectrum of faiths. None of these faiths challenge the religious purpose of the Chaplain Corps or the calling of these men and women to serve our troops. This service to God and to our nation, as the Corps’ motto describes, should not be trivialized.<<<

These chaplains are getting a little bit too righteous in the military. A wide spectrum of faiths? None of which challenge the religious purpose of the Chaplain Corps? No, when religion gets that much rank in the military, it is a general or unified, i.e., "Catholic" religion. The Roman Catholic Church is coming in the back door, with lingering World War II Axis sympathies all the way from the Vatican in Rome, Italy.

This "service to God and to our nation" is a just a little bit too snappy a sound bite.

Of course our troops should be allowed to hold a very informal , low-key, "Bible study" or the equivalent for any religion they choose to practice, in small numbers, two or three is quite enough, but an official office of a chaplain who hears confession or the like according to the rules or customs of some establishment of religion cannot, under the Constitution, be under military command or have authority over troops.

Troops who do not adhere to a particular establishment of religion should not be proselytized or made to feel left out by loud or insistent public prayer or religious study.

14 hours ago, F-16 said:

A wide spectrum of faiths?

Thanks for the report.

It seems that preachers will prostitute themselves to just about any God to get a military job.

I want Yahweh on my side as he is great at murder and killing.  

Regards

DL

3 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

I want Yahweh on my side as he is great at murder and killing.

In one sense, yes, that is, the Lord of Sabaoth. or the Lord of Hosts, "Hosts" being armies or troops.

People do not generally go to war unless it is a situation of kill or be killed, or the enemy is making their lives so miserable that they would rather die than suffer what the enemy imposes upon them as a condition of peace.

1 hour ago, F-16 said:

In one sense, yes, that is, the Lord of Sabaoth. or the Lord of Hosts, "Hosts" being armies or troops.

People do not generally go to war unless it is a situation of kill or be killed, or the enemy is making their lives so miserable that they would rather die than suffer what the enemy imposes upon them as a condition of peace.

No argument my friend.

It is all about resources, security and happiness for sure.

Regards

DL

Most of our hospitals are faith based, not for profit. (hard to believe that) Religion is winding it's ugly tentacles as deeply into American culture as idiots will allow. Religion is behind anti- family planning and ban on abortions endlessly seeking "multiply and be fruitful" even when the earth is dying under the scourge of 7.4 billion humans.  Something to think about: Each human radiates 100 watts of heat constantly. That is 740 billion watts of continuous global warming. Each human excretes ~0.5 pound of feces each day (3.7 billion pounds). We excrete ~0.5 gallons of urine each day (3.7 billion gallons). The human population collectively vents 1000 metric tons of carbon dioxide and 73 metric tons of methane per day. Collectively our garbage generation is about 2.6 trillion pounds per year. Nasty little critters we be and if wise would curb our reproduction. I should guess even God has had His fill of us.

Shekinah

I hear you. Have you seen the documentary, Cowspiracy?

It will open your eyes as to how we, even the environmentalists, turn a blind eye to what our reliance on cows contribute really heavily to pollution. Their methane apparently pollutes more than all the cars on the roads and are a real drain on our fresh water supplies.

Not to worry about our population. It is going to level off and start shrinking on it's own if the demographers are correct. We can sustain that population easily enough if we keep working on the problems that you have noted.

Regards

DL

22 hours ago, Shekinah said:

Most of our hospitals are faith based, not for profit. (hard to believe that) Religion is winding it's ugly tentacles as deeply into American culture as idiots will allow. Religion is behind anti- family planning and ban on abortions endlessly seeking "multiply and be fruitful" even when the earth is dying under the scourge of 7.4 billion humans. 

Sometimes people take birth control willingly, and sometimes the doctors cut out the necessary body parts in secret, especially from women, when they perform the aforementioned "abortions." -- Do you want a doctor who believes abortion is murder to perform an abortion on you?

Sometimes a wife secretly takes birth control without the knowledge of her husband, who wants to have children.

They're even selling a "male birth control pill." https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/new-male-birth-control-pill-safe-does-it-work-n858076

I simply do not believe such a thing is either safe or effective. The problem with our white nationalist medical system is this:

"I want to have children, but I do not want you to be able to have children."

No longer a matter of what the population wants. If we wish our future progeny to enjoy a viable planet we must seriously do something about our prodigious reproduction rate. If we can't do it Mother Nature will and She is indiscriminate and we are not going to like it when famine, pestilence, war and loss of real estate and potable water along with violent weather phenomenon does a job on us. We are a rather nasty, destructive animal and the planet can't handle so many of us. We don't even play well with others nor respect other living things.