Psychological fraud

Rate this topic

http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/type
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/home.htm

• Extraverted (E) vs. Introverted (I)
  • Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N)
  • Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F)
  • Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P)

You are supposed to take the test and you get one letter from each pair, which classifies your personality into one of 24=16 types. It is never admitted as such, but all these "types" are highly sexualized categories. The first one in each pair is the "masculine" stereotype, and the second one is "feminine."

Rather that actual types, these are false dichotomies derived from social sexual stereotypes.

• E-I: think about it: the man is supposed to ask the woman on the date, not the other way around.
  • S-N: men are supposed to see what they see, hear what they hear, etc., while women are famous for their intuition.
  • T-F: men are supposed to think; women are supposed to feel.
  • J-P: men are supposed to be judgmental while women are perceptive.

So "normal" men are ESTJ and "normal" women are "INFP."

The entire typology is an attempt to assess the gender-appropriateness of your personality and enforce gender norms in a highly sexualized society, but that is never admitted by the shrinks. It is yet another implement in the "LGBT"-haters' toolbox.

And now you are supposed to "organize your life" around "your" Myers-Briggs personality type.

It's a full-blown, freakin' horoscope! It could just as well be astrology, 16 "types" or 12 "star signs" -- what's the difference?

This is the problem: all the psychologists, shrinks, and hiring managers in business and government take this stuff oh-so-seriously! The stars weren't aligned or you don't have the right "personality type" so you didn't get the job. You'd think it were all a joke, but I assure you, it's not.

Not just LGBT, either. Not by a long shot. Anyone who doesn't have just the right haircut or patronize the local whores gets caught in this stuff. "Pop" psychology? I think it's more than a "pop." Something went BOOM! and nothing is left for 10 city blocks around that part of town.