Gnostic Christian Bishop

Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

 

Scholars think so and so do I.

 

 http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

 

Scriptures warn against idol worship yet that is exactly what Christian and Muslims do.

 

If you can talk about or name your God, you are an idolater. Do you realize that?

 

God is often thought of as an ideal.

 

I think that atheists would also fit into the idolater description because they idolize the notion that there is no God and have chosen that as their ideal.

 

Agnostics seem to be the only ones who are not idolaters because, like Gnostic Christians, they do not mind saying, I don’t know or only speaking of things they know to be facts.

 

Regards

DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters? Scholars think so and so do I.

Many who profess such religions (or denial of the existence of God, as the case may be) are indeed idolaters, I am quite sure. On the other hand, such a diverse group all have their different reasons for their idolatry, and different idols they worship. There is no one cohesive scholarly theory to explain how all these people think or worship or refuse to worship.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

If you can talk about or name your God, you are an idolater. Do you realize that?

The name of God, or the literal spelling of the name of God, is sometimes called Τετραγράμματον in Greek, because it consists of four letters in Hebrew.

יהוה

There have been and still are strict prohibitions against taking God's name in vain, and this is partially where we get the expression "four-letter word" for a curse word or swear word. The Jews were forbidden from pronouncing this name aloud, and they substituted expressions for "the Lord" when they read the Scripture aloud.

The name means "I AM THAT I AM" in Hebrew, and God received that name, because when Moses was commanded to speak to the Pharaoh, King of Egypt, all the gods of the Egyptians had names, but Moses was slow of tongue and uncertain how to refer to the Lord his God when speaking to Pharaoh. So Moses was commanded by God to pronounce that name in Hebrew, and that was the name of God when Moses was speaking to Pharaoh in the Egyptian language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The consciousness we refer to as God most likely doesn't even know we exist much less be concerned about what we believe or what we do. Throughout the Cosmos countless stars and planetary systems, some teeming with life more ancient and more wise and noble then we,  come and go in and out of existence in deep time and the Gods pay no mind. We are mere flotsam and jetsam cast upon the fabric of space & time. If you wish to know God become ONE with the Infinite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, F-16 said:

Many who profess such religions (or denial of the existence of God, as the case may be) are indeed idolaters, I am quite sure. On the other hand, such a diverse group all have their different reasons for their idolatry, and different idols they worship. There is no one cohesive scholarly theory to explain how all these people think or worship or refuse to worship.

The name of God, or the literal spelling of the name of God, is sometimes called Τετραγράμματον in Greek, because it consists of four letters in Hebrew.

יהוה

There have been and still are strict prohibitions against taking God's name in vain, and this is partially where we get the expression "four-letter word" for a curse word or swear word. The Jews were forbidden from pronouncing this name aloud, and they substituted expressions for "the Lord" when they read the Scripture aloud.

The name means "I AM THAT I AM" in Hebrew, and God received that name, because when Moses was commanded to speak to the Pharaoh, King of Egypt, all the gods of the Egyptians had names, but Moses was slow of tongue and uncertain how to refer to the Lord his God when speaking to Pharaoh. So Moses was commanded by God to pronounce that name in Hebrew, and that was the name of God when Moses was speaking to Pharaoh in the Egyptian language.

We agree on idolatry.

For the rest. I hope you mean all that as an analysis of the myth, and not from a belief that Moses actually lived.

Most Jews no longer read their myths literally.

As to "I AM THAT I AM".

Modern Gnostic Christians name our God "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

 

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

  

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

 

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

 

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

 

Here is the real way Jesus taught.

 

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

 

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

 

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

 

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

 

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural.

 

Regards

DL

 

 

 

6 hours ago, Shekinah said:

The consciousness we refer to as God most likely doesn't even know we exist much less be concerned about what we believe or what we do. Throughout the Cosmos countless stars and planetary systems, some teeming with life more ancient and more wise and noble then we,  come and go in and out of existence in deep time and the Gods pay no mind. We are mere flotsam and jetsam cast upon the fabric of space & time. If you wish to know God become ONE with the Infinite.

Indeed, and that begins with Gnosis, regardless of your belief or non-belief system. For you to analize things, you have to insure you know yourself enough to be able to trust your judgements.

Meditation is what I recommend for knowing your true self.

Regards

DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Agency" Star Gate program has had dialogue with alien (other worldly) visitors and we ask them about their understanding of God and the Creation event. They claim to be 3 Billion years older then we so I suspect they know a thing or two. Their answer was "The universe is God". Nothing pre-existed the creation event other then a field of potential. A pre-existing Divinity did not create the universe but rather "the universe is creating what you think of as a God. Consciousness throughout the life phenomenon on a multiplicity of inhabited worlds is entangled as a singularity you call Akasha". Collectively we all contribute to Spirit which is the substance of Akasha.

The formal religions fabricated since human history are evolutions of primitive myth and have no place in reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Gate evolved from earlier psychic warrior projects Grill Flame and Scanate experimenting with paranormal phenomenon such as remote viewing, remote influencing and finally bi-location (projection). During a particular session several operatives reported a similar communion with an intelligence of unknown origin. At this event Scanate was renamed Star Gate and was quickly relegated to the deep black arena. Information gleaned would have been catastrophic to our global social order that is unfortunately founded on the various world religions and so was forbidden from public knowledge. The movie "Star Gate" was financed as a disinformation ploy to direct public attention away from the real portal to communication with other worldly intelligence. Humanity having been steeped in mythology for thousands of years is not yet capable of dealing with truth. Our imagined "specialness" if devastated might well panic global populations. We are infants in cosmic time and not yet of much significance nor have we established a place of permanence as a viable life phenomenon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 12:19 AM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Modern Gnostic Christians name our God "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves. // You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

I cannot proceed any further with Gnosticism. There is an Übermensch, and that Übermensch represents a grievous overreach beyond the limits that God has established for man, even as Lucifer who exalted his throne above the stars of heaven.

Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

And you have somehow accessed that arena. How?

Regards

DL

I am retired CIA Special Operations and the Noetic consultant for Star Gate's operational protocol. You may wonder about breach of security but alas experience attests few are open to wrap their mind around such a revelation. We seem not to really want to know and deal with reality. So much has been invested in our belief systems and breach of faith is taboo in Evangelical circles. The myth is more warm and fuzzy and besides how could the majority of global population be wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, F-16 said:

I cannot proceed any further with Gnosticism. There is an Übermensch, and that Übermensch represents a grievous overreach beyond the limits that God has established for man, even as Lucifer who exalted his throne above the stars of heaven.

Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

 

To think a supernatural God set limits is foolish.

Regards

DL

8 hours ago, Shekinah said:

I am retired CIA Special Operations and the Noetic consultant for Star Gate's operational protocol. You may wonder about breach of security but alas experience attests few are open to wrap their mind around such a revelation. We seem not to really want to know and deal with reality. So much has been invested in our belief systems and breach of faith is taboo in Evangelical circles. The myth is more warm and fuzzy and besides how could the majority of global population be wrong?

You would be in jail or silenced for breaching your oath of security.

But ok.

Without documentation and repeatability, such a claim cannot be proven.

Regards

DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 11:21 AM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

You would be in jail or silenced for breaching your oath of security.

But ok.

Ix-nay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.