Sign in to follow this  
F-16

Hispanic influence on Swedish culture

I am part Swedish, and obviously not all Swedes are blonde and blue-eyed, and even some of my relatives carry Spanish surnames.

This goes way back when. The ancient Swedish druids (Aryans) wrote in "runes" -- which were crude symbols scratched in birch bark. There was an alphabet called a "futhark" after the sounds represented by its first few symbols. There were 24 runes, arranged in three "eights." To this day, a "rune" is a poem or piece of traditional literature in Scandinavia.

When Spaniards migrated to Oslo and Malmo:, they brought the Roman alphabet of the Latin language from which their native Spanish is descended, and their Roman letters replaced the druidic runes as a system of writing for the Swedish language, (as well as Norwegian and Danish.)

Many Latin words also came into Swedish through Spanish, whereas those same Latin words have tended to come into English through French.

The New Generation drug cartels have taken over the 911 system in Alaska. These are not the people you want knowing where you live or hang out. These are not girls looking for a party or a good time. No. They are after your money, they are after your life, and they have no regard for the law except as an arbitrary tool to jail you if you cross them. This is the game they play.

However their game has not been as successful in Alaska as it was in Washington. Sinaloa was not as well established to pave the way for New Generation as they thought, because the people of Alaska have more of a culture of "humoring" law enforcement with a certain condescension to which Sinaloa infiltrators never caught on.

Consequently New Generation got a little bit ahead of themselves with a little bit too much of a "Blitzkrieg," and they are getting caught in the act.

(Remember, these are cartels. They do not "compete" directly, but are rather always to some degree in collusion with each other.)

EDIT: I meant to post the above in the other thread, although it is slightly relevant here fom a certain perspective.

What I meant to add here is that the term "rune" is provably more Finnish ("runo") than Swedish, because the Swedes called them "bookstaves." Back then before the Swedes learned to make paper, a "book" was a type of birch tree whose paperlike bark was easily peeled off and writeable.

There is also that expression "the bookstaff of the law" which is occasionally heard in court.