Sign in to follow this  
chris

Father's death - strange events

Rate this topic

A few weeks after my father's death, I got visited in a dream by him, telling me he was a bit disappointed in how my career worked out. Because I've always been a highly intelligent under-achiever/loser, basically - a bit of a hippy I guess - money, and success has never interested me. 

Anyway, literally a week later I got cold-called by a recruiter on Linkedin asking me if I wanted to take a 12 month contractor role (that would be extended on an annual basis) for $80'000 for one  of the biggest companies in the world...........my previous salary was $33'000 so it was a massive increase. And I was  genuinely confused why they were so interested in me, because I've spent the last decade really being a crappy employee. 

Then, they gave me the easiest interview of all time. Like, it was just a 15 minute conversation.............then they offered me the job.  That was it. Salary more than doubled after a 15 minute conversation.

So, I go and tell my mother, and she's delighted about the opportunity but is a bit worried the contractor status, and not being a full time employee.  And I tell her not to worry.  But then, a few days later, the company come back and say they've changed their mind and want to make me a permanent employee for basically the same salary. 

And, so of course I accepted! And I started last week!

Don''t you find this weird? It was honestly like the company/recruiters were not in control, and were being possessed by some force, to basically give me absolutely everything I needed,, and wanted...............I just think it was something to do with my dad's death. Him being worried about me, and using some sort of supernatural force to influence my life.

And, like, I've REALLY changed a lot as well.  And I mean that. I've just become incredibly motivated to make money, save money, pay off debt, own a nice home, own nice cars, own nice things. I've honestly become a bit of a yuppy, almost overnight. Maybe I'm possessed as well.........

8 hours ago, chris said:

after my father's death ... 12 month contractor role ... $80'000 (Swiss thousands separator) ...

Dude, I've been around a lot longer than you have, and I just want to pull my gun on your shite.

8 hours ago, chris said:

And, like, I've REALLY changed a lot as well.  And I mean that. I've just become incredibly motivated to make money, ...

Save it for the probation officer, cuz I'm gonna have to get a few more guns around the block.