Sign in to follow this  
TheThirdEye

I'm the guy who came with the idea for Bitcoin on Godlike Productions in 2009

Rate this topic

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3974127/pg1

Their mods deleted the thread where I presented the idea for Bitcoin in 2009...They deleted it in 2010 and appear to have been instructed to do so. As they simply would've deleted the thread earlier if they were entirely responsible. Somebody told the mods on GLP to delete my thread and cover up my presentation of the idea for Bitcoin. 

They ban me every time I talk about it on GLP since this past July...

They just deleted another thread of mine this morning asking about my original thread where I presented the idea for Bitcoin. That thread was at this link this morning...Now, it's gone...

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1145729/pg1

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-cryptocurrency-expert-charged-helping-north-korea-evade-us-sanctions

The censorship, the gag orders, it starts to become clear ...

>>>The DOJ’s criminal complaint says Griffith taught an audience in North Korea earlier this year how to use blockchain – the technology behind cryptocurrency – despite the State Department denying Griffith permission to travel there. The conference was attended by 100 people, prosecutors said, including several who appeared to work for the North Korean government.

>>>“Griffith provided highly technical information to North Korea, knowing that this information could be used to help North Korea launder money and evade sanctions," said U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman for the Southern District of New York. “In allegedly doing so, Griffith jeopardized the sanctions that both Congress and the president have enacted to place maximum pressure on North Korea’s dangerous regime.”<<<

Freedom of speech, anyone? FIrst Amendment? Oh, no, not from the Southern District of New York! For the record, I believe that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are ultimately worthless fiat. But censorship, deleted posts, and gag orders are not the answer.

Cryptocurrencies and blockchains do seem to provide a steganographic censorship-resistant channel for publishing arbitrary information regardless of any opinions of its legality. The Bitcoin phenomenon is not going away, and too many people among the general public are "in the know" -- and it is stupid of D.O.J. officials to surmise that North Korean government officials cannot easily obtain the disputed information on "how to use blockchain" otherwise.

Information is ultimately free, and the sun shines on the good and on the evil alike.

Griffith is apparently an ex-patriate who no longer resides in the U.S. and is not even alleged to have possession of or access to U.S. government classified information.

The jurisdiction of U.S. courts in this matter is specious and questionable at best.

An apparently peaceable conference that the government would not like to have take place, and people are saying things the government would prefer not to have said.

North Korea's regime is only "dangerous" inasmuch as guns are banned in New York City.