Sign in to follow this  
bicyclehazard

The plan to control the roads.

Rate this topic

Most people who travel long distances use the interstates. So they don't realize alternate routes are being shut down or allowed to decay. This is illegal. One of the laws is Title 23 section 109m United States Code. The Secretary shall not approve any project or take any regulatory action under this title that will result in the severance of an existing major route or have significant adverse impact on the safety for nonmotorized transportation traffic and light motorcycles, unless such project or regulatory action provides for a reasonable alternate route or such a route exists. I attempted to cross Arizona along interstate 10 with out actually using interstate 10 and was unable to do so. It looks like the roads go through but they are blocked with cyclone fences. These fences were put in place by the Department of Homeland Security to force all traffic through their interstate checkpoints. Cyclist have won the right to use the interstate but pedestrians are still banned. Homeland Security does not have the authority to violate federal law. One other place I was unable to get through is Cumberland Gap National Park. A tunnel has been built under the park and the original road has been destroyed. I read the act of congress that authorized this. It ordered the park director to provide adequate roads for traffic. Under federal law traffic includes non motorized traffic and motorized farm equipment which is prohibited in the tunnel. I have found such problems in every state I have visited. I think what Homeland Security is doing on interstate 10 will eventually be done all over the United States.