Sign in to follow this  
Trinity

SSL error: Thank you to the kind person who notified me that the SSL had failed to auto-renew

On 4/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, Trinity said:

Much appreciated. 

I have no idea. I'm broke as anybody else, I can't even get a PayPal card to work without having my identity stolen, and I've got to bust through a labor-union local Democratic Party picket-line financial firewall, enforced by the Feds, just to send out a little money to keep my own website(s) up if I can even afford to do so.

They don't like conspiracy sites or people who post on them.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:41 AM, F-16 said:

I have no idea. I'm broke as anybody else, I can't even get a PayPal card to work without having my identity stolen, and I've got to bust through a labor-union local Democratic Party picket-line financial firewall, enforced by the Feds, just to send out a little money to keep my own website(s) up if I can even afford to do so.

They don't like conspiracy sites or people who post on them.

Well you might like to know you can get SSL for free now.  Its called 'Lets Encrypt', which is what we use here.  It means you get a new certificate every few months and occasionally it hiccups.

10 hours ago, Trinity said:

Well you might like to know you can get SSL for free now.  Its called 'Lets Encrypt', which is what we use here.  It means you get a new certificate every few months and occasionally it hiccups.

I know. I use it myself, and I'm unhappy with the whole leftist political EFF/ACLU thing which is part of the project. They definitely maintain the mechanisms and authority to crack down on "hate speech" and other stuff they want suppressed. The only reason they allow any conservative or conspiracy-related stuff at all on the certbot/letsencrypt platform is that don't want to "lose face" for censorship in front of their liberal patrons. Having said this, I will add that certbot/letsencrypt is probably far and away the best of a very bad lot of commercial x.509 SSL and TLS certs.