Sign in to follow this  
macpdiaz

Voynich Manuscript

Rate this topic

I love unsolved mysteries and this one is one of my favorites. The Voynich Manuscript is a book written 400 years ago (according to experts). It has a strange language in it and its full of drawings of strange plants you wont see here on Earth. Here's a clear picture of one of the pages.

voynich_0_0.jpg

What do you think this is? Anyone else heard of this? Is it alien or is it from an undiscovered part of the earth?

I've seen this before - very interesting. I'm sue they think the text is some sort of cipher using some of the Roman alphabet.

This link is a brilliant gallery of the full manuscript - clicking on the images gives you a huge picture, so you can really view it properly.

http://brbl-legacy.library.yale.edu/dl_crosscollex/SetsSearchExecXC.asp?srchtype=ITEM

It could just simply be something along the lines of Necronomicon, which some people thought was actually some sort of satanic manual, it was actually just a work of fiction by HP Lovecraft. There's even groups out there such as Cocteau Twins, who were known to just make up fake words as their "lyrics".

I love unsolved mysteries and this one is one of my favorites. The Voynich Manuscript is a book written 400 years ago (according to experts). It has a strange language in it and its full of drawings of strange plants you wont see here on Earth. Here's a clear picture of one of the pages.

voynich_0_0.jpg

What do you think this is? Anyone else heard of this? Is it alien or is it from an undiscovered part of the earth?

I have not seen this before, nor do I have any idea of the meaning. Somehow I do remember seeing this type of writing somewhere, but having to do with spices or cooking. I am not sure.

This is news to me and it's very interesting. The gallery link would not work for me though. I'll have to look into this further. 400 years ago there were many arcane groups that created documents for their own internal use and/or for the perplexing of everyone else. Maybe it's something like that.

This is very interesting. Where was this book found? Those plants remind me of Venus Fly Traps. Is there a specific reason it was named The Voynich Manuscript? I wish we new more about the meaning of the words. This is good food for thought. Thank-you for this topic.

A recent expert and proclaimed genious, Sir Dominicus Flemmiling,made a startling discovery that the voynich manuscript is actually the writings of a monk who liked to experiment with cannabis sativa and other plants and even tried successfull and unsuccessfully to combine through splicing other plants in which would create a 'super' (if you will) plants.

The documents actually refer to his creation of these horticultural specimens and also documents his network of suppliers and customers in which his buissness run, in other words the author was a druge dealer and the manuscript is his 'ledger/diary'
The reasoning behind the strange language and format as well as the obviously inept ability to create an acceptable quality of images is a direct result to his sampling of his own specimens.specimens

It's beatiful work and I understand you can buy printed replications of it too.

I read that the reason why the lanuage does not match up to anything (not to mention the plant life) is that it is desribing 4th dimensional life forms, before the fall back to 3D here on Terra.