LadyBast

Paganism/Wicca/Satanism... the "scary" religions

Rate this topic

IMO any religion is open to (mis)interpretation. I don't subscribe to any organized religion as I believe that leading a good life and being kind is any human being's responsibility. I don't need the image of a god or goddess to teach me that.

It's because people don't understand or have had it ingrained in them that things like that are wrong. I am more of a spiritual person than a religious person but still like to hear the different perspectives of people. Some people are so powerfully devoted to one religion that they can't see beyond it or open theirmind up to any other possibility. The truth is none of us will know until we die.

It's because people don't understand or have had it ingrained in them that things like that are wrong. I am more of a spiritual person than a religious person but still like to hear the different perspectives of people. Some people are so powerfully devoted to one religion that they can't see beyond it or open their mind up to any other possibility. The truth is none of us will know until we die.

It's really quite common, unfortunately. And people tend not to understand 'true' Satanism or LeVayian either, but it's even worse to lump Paganism of any form in there. The vast majority of Pagan, myself included, do not believe in the Christian god or satan...and we're certainly not worshipping him. I think it is a case of people being scared of things they don't bother to understand; but it's also willfull ignorance, which is pretty sad on its own.

It's funny that I came across this topic. Just the other day I was sitting around and for some reason or another Satanism popped into my head and I realized I knew NOTHING about it. So naturally I googled it and started to do some research and it was actually quite interesting.

Basically, from my understanding of it, it isn't so much a religion as much as a philosophy based off of atheism  They are different than Satan worshippers in that they don't actually worship satan and acknowledge the fact that if there is no god, there is no satan or any other mythological beings. They use Satan as a symbol more than anything. It basically says you should be allowed to indulge in things, and do the things that you like as long as you aren't bothering anybody. It also sort of preaches "an eye for an eye" kind of thing, which I found interesting.

It just has a "scary" name. I started telling my friends that I was reading up on Satanism, and my god if you could see their faces.

LeVayian Satanism, yes. Though it's not necessarily 'based off' of Atheism, to take LeVay's Satanic Bible literally (though of course not all Satanists do), the Satanist would worship themeslves, to an extent. They would be their own driving force and I tend to joke that it's like Atheism with more ego. LeVay chose the name in part just to mess with those who are so religious and ignorant that it would immediately bring fear and lack of understanding, and partially becuase Satan is the perfect symbol for ultimate indulgence in 'selfish' base desires.

Guest nikeairmax2009shoesnr

nike air max 2009

A number of people like to set on running shoes. At a lot of times, it is essential feels safe. There are legion sports footwear developed merely by a great many reputed place brand names nevertheless renowned 1st Nike. Nike Airplane Fatmus 80 Shoes are raised for simple always wear and then comes with be decked out in. Nike rrs often a popular most desirable brand of your teen output and as a consequence specifically those whorrr re sportsperson. Nike Breathable oxygen Optimum 80 Footwear is totally hardy then it should withstand the wear and tear as well as copy that is caused since rich frequent exercise.Nike Aircraft Spork 95 Footwear is available in different lengths and colors. A real spiked Nike Fresh air Sloth Fifth thererrrs 89 Footwear may be designed for path on. Nike Shoes are available too in almost any structures towards the 12 inches vacation cruises your current sporting men. Nike Boots or shoes for being clutching the setting shop for years. Associated with tips have been working to opt for this agency and here the position of the Nike Aura Potential Shoes is actually that will be overtaken via all the competitiveness. Everyone who is making use of a set of dynamic and as well vivid Nike Gas Max Fifth thererrrs 89 Clogs with road, it's also wonderful to enjoy. My spouse and i continuously sense that Nike Airline Chunk 92 Shoes are unsuitable in which to girls. Nike Breeze Sloth Three months Or even add Gas Amount of force One of them Footwear types, Nike Proper footwear, Nike jordan Situation and then Nike Tennis ball Shoes or boots. Each Nike Weather Optimum Ninety days Or even eat different styles properly designs and styles is ever-increasing each and every day. Of the Nike Spot Fifth 89 Shoes are value the charge.One of top-selling Nike Air conditioning Potential Fifth thererrrs 89 Shoes or boots of all Voo Bunch should be Nike Sky Utmost Tennessee. This could be definitive made available to receive $23 at the website!! You're please take a choose from coloring materials most notably white and red, black and white, daylight pink and thus green, or possibly yellowish or golden-tinged and as well dark-coloured. Days in addition stores Nike Breathable oxygen Allow A single one pair of shoes. There are various fashions with this line of Nike it will be possible jogging shoes. Nike Surroundings Team One Completely Legend are available only at $25!! The recent variety of all the Pressure Is further purchased at around the same price. Instead, your new a lot of option into Nike Ticket Greatest extent That Tennis shoes is definitely the Clean air Spork Ninety-seven which could touted only at $23! You can easily decide shapes and colours as an example grey, refined, african, white, grey, as well as a add-ons. Except some, Voo Bargain likewise has Nike Dunks.Eventual, of the Light-Up Proper footwear has become reduced steadily. I would not insist on that you have continue Light-Up Shoe in a very Nike Air conditioner Sloth That Pumps. Essentially garments often the Nike Light-Up Sneakers, Steer clear of get back up the type of babyhood. To be able to fork over money for footwear types, I'll tend to suggest we Nike Area Greatest extent Ninety Athletic shoes. The Nike Aura Greatest extent 90 Shoes' prices are slightly beloved, but it's clothing fashion, since the workmanship is really good. Invest in good two of Nike Air conditioner Potential Ninety days Pair of shoes; a typical disappointment to purchase the site. It is supply soothe towards forefoot and it'll transform your gorgeousness.Nike shoes are your very best alternate. There are specific set of Nike Fresh air Sloth 95 Sneakers. It provides AF1-shoes, New Balance Shoes, Nike jordans Place, Nike Sandals, Nike Air flow Optimum Boots, Nike Court Shoes and boots, Nike Dous SB Athletic shoes, and so Nike Shox Clogs. Every single single couple of Nike Weather Optimum 92 % of Boots or shoes does have it's other abilities. Nike Football Shoes are exceedingly well suited for mastering football, if you are a person who would rather learn basketball game, very useful hard option. Each Nike Shox Sandals leaves assurance on the road to take marvelous force reduction in addition to a effective build.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - -- - - - -- - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - -- - -

nike air max shoes,nike air max shoes

,http://e-diz.ru/

Guest Guest

False, according to Wikipedia, Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of Western religions comprising diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Their shared features include symbolic association with, or admiration for the character of, Satan, or similar rebellious, promethean, and, in their view, liberating figures.

Like I had already said, the thing about Satanism is they don't worship anything. They don't worship god nor satan. It is a branch of Atheism. If anything they view Satan as a symbol, not something they literally think exists.

Like I had already said, the thing about Satanism is they don't worship anything. They don't worship god nor satan. It is a branch of Atheism. If anything they view Satan as a symbol, not something they literally think exists.

False, according to Wiokipedias, Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of Western religions comprising diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Their shared features include symbolic association with, or admiration for the character of, Satan, or similar rebellious, promethean, and, in their view, liberating figures.

Any religion is ok with me, as long as they teach good values, and it does not mislead people to think that they are "Gods" or anything like that, and as long as they don't do any evil stuff or worship the devil. The Lord said in the bible that towards the end times, a lot of false religions will be sprouting like mushrooms to mislead people from His word, so I'm not surprised by the number of religions and cults nowadays.

I don't think those are considered religions, only cults. You forgot to mention Scientology, since that seems to be a creepy cult that even managed to get into Hollywood. The westboro baptist church is just a small family trying to project the idea that they are a cult, while asking for donations and help form other "real religious people" by yelling at people's funerals and lgbt events to show people how good they are.

People are usually scared of things they don't know.  I used to be deep into Cuban Santeria, and I had a Christian girlfriend that use to tell me I'm a devil worshiper all the time.  She use to ASSUME  a lot of stuff about the religion, without knowing ANYTHING.  I've decided, that I'm no longer gonna be with any woman that isn't open minded.  I don't force my beliefs on anybody, but don't be judgmental about the things I believe in.  That's not fair.

Even though I am a huge fan of horror movies. I blame the movie industry on alot of these stereotypes. Wiccan in particular is so misunderstood. Alot of people automatically will see visions of animal worship or a horned devil arising to the chants of witches. When in reality Wiccans do not even believe in the devil. And there main focus is to respect and love mother earth. American Indians were said to be nothing more than pagan savages. And much like the wiccan religion the indians hold a great reverence and love for this earth. And in the case of both these religions they believe in the basic rules of harm no one, because if you do it will come back to you three fold. Some will call it Karma.  Catholisism does have a small part to play in this stereotyping as well. Growing up in a very Catholic home life, I know first hand that it was made clear that if you were not catholic then you might as well have been the devil yourself. Other religions were made out to be pure evil.

What it comes down to is ignorance and misinformation. With that being said, my only reservation is satanism. I do not know anything about this religion at all so I will not comment. But I do agree with what someone else said. The wording makes it sound a little scary.

I live in the South, so the even THOUGHT or MENTION of Satanism is taboo, you just don't talk about it. Ever. Any religion other than Christianity, for that matter. But the fact of the matter is that it's only scary because people are ignorant and don't have any idea what they are. It's a shame people think that way. Who knows, maybe they'd be happier in those religions instead of the one that they are currently in. People need to keep more of an open mind when it comes to that kind of thing instead of just calling it all devil worship. Because quite honestly, it's not. And we all should know that most modern religions have traces of Pagan ancestry. The Christmas Tree? Pagan. People need to educate themselves on things they don't know instead of just fearing everything. Especially since with the internet, you can learn just about anything.

In the middle ages (in some places continuing right up to the 18th Century), suspected "witches" were tortured to coerce them into confessing they were witches (even if they were perfectly innocent). In 1468 , the Pope declared that witchcraft was a crime in which there were to be no limits to the amount of torture inflicted when the evidence was hard to find. Yes, the Catholic Church used to sanction unlimited torture on innocent women just to extract a confession.

In England witches were hanged, their bodies burned and their ashes scattered. In France, they were burned alive. And all these after horrific torture and what would now be regarded as sexual harassment. And yet there are people who say witchcraft,paganism, wicca, satanism (they are all NOT the same and should not be lumped together).are "scary" religions! 

I think Christians in ancient times were much scarier!

Brian Wolfe

5amMarks, you must've come across the wrong research, buddy. You don't understand Satanism, you didn't go into depth of your research.

Go here: satanicinternationalnetwork.com, tell them that they don't worship anything and see what happens.

I get what you're saying though. Atheism and Satanism are apples and oranges, but they're both fruit and they're both in the same basket.

PS. When you use the term "Satanism" you're using it loosely. There is LaVeyan and Theistic. Theism, if I'm correct, is the opposite of atheism.

It's funny that I came across this topic. Just the other day I was sitting around and for some reason or another Satanism popped into my head and I realized I knew NOTHING about it. So naturally I googled it and started to do some research and it was actually quite interesting.

Basically, from my understanding of it, it isn't so much a religion as much as a philosophy based off of atheism They are different than Satan worshippers in that they don't actually worship satan and acknowledge the fact that if there is no god, there is no satan or any other mythological beings. They use Satan as a symbol more than anything. It basically says you should be allowed to indulge in things, and do the things that you like as long as you aren't bothering anybody. It also sort of preaches "an eye for an eye" kind of thing, which I found interesting.

It just has a "scary" name. I started telling my friends that I was reading up on Satanism, and my god if you could see their faces.

Like I had already said, the thing about Satanism is they don't worship anything. They don't worship god nor satan. It is a branch of Atheism. If anything they view Satan as a symbol, not something they literally think exists.

And the symbol isn't for hatred, or war, it's more so about giving in and indulging in the things in life you want to indulge in. Their version of a "cardinal sin" is stupidity, and I think there is something very important to that. Especially when compared to the cardinal sin of christians which is "thou shalt not worship other gods besides me".

And as far as "peaceful gods" go, as far as I'm concerned there are no peaceful gods. Have you ever read the old testament?

Hmm..then why call it Satanism? Why not name it after, maybe, Dionysus, the greek god of indulgence. I mean its not practical if "Satanism" is only a name and labels are important.

Um, hello. Satanist here. I just want to say this: We are not a branch of Atheism. If we were, we'd simply be called atheists. We do worship something, it is ourselves. Okay, I'm going to show you something that I posted a while back:

For me, Satanism is the embodiment of oneself. But of course, there are two sides to every coin. There are the crazy, ritualistic, theistic satanists. Then there are the LaVeyan satanists.

LaVeyan satanism seems to be another term for "individualism". When Christians say, "treat others as you would be treated", LaVeyans say "No, you treat others how you feel they should be treated."

Many people have conceived notions that being a satanist means worshiping Satan. Well that is true, but it's not the hooved, pitchforked satan they're thinking of. It's ourselves. We worship ourselves as a deity, and we don't hold another higher than ourselves. THAT'S LaVeyan satanism. With Christianity, you have to worry about refraining from the deep, human urges.

Here is a quote about Satanism:

"Satanism is, at its core, individualism purely and totally. It is about deviating from the conformists of humanity around you. It is finding your own way, and choosing your own way. Satanism is about exploring one's own personality and sexuality. You need not hate, nor love. You only do as YOU wish."

I definitely believe that quote.

Now listen, OP. Satanism is called Satanism because there are Satanists that actually worship a theistic god, SATAN. So in that other user saying that there is no reason it's called "Satanism" is complete bullshit. It's not just a name, there are theistic satanists that worship Satan, Lucifer, the devil.. whatever you want to call him.

I think it's a matter of lack of knowledge. Previous to my research of Paganism I always thought it was some sort of dark, witchcraft religion. Turns out it's more of worship of nature. I would think that as far as Satanism goes, people assume that it is how it sounds. It's still in support of Satanic beliefs, however. Since Satan would have you do whatever you like with no thought for the moral implications.

Satanism is really all about appeasing and giving energy to gods, demons, or dieties of the selfish nature. It's all about enhancing yourself, and the worst of human nature. Gluttony, greed, etc. It's really about embracing the negative aspects of human kind. Or so-called negative aspects. It's also about taking vengeance and matters into ones own hands. Instead of doing like christians do, and waiting for God to act. Most Satanists don't worship the devil, but more worship what his side represents. The opposites, the anti, or the other creedos, if you will.

The topic of this thread is, "Paganism/Wicca/Satanism... the "scary" religions" .. since I'm posting on page 3 of this interesting topic, I thought I'd bring the subject to light again before offering my 2 cents worth.

If you review the history of religion, in my opinion the most scary would be Christianity, and there would be no rivals. It would be a landslide victory, as big of a gap as it was between Lebron James winning this year's NBA MVP award and whoever came in second place. Be that as it may, whether a person chooses to be a Paganist, a Wicca, or a Satanist, as long as he's not harming anyone, not breaking any laws, not abusing women or children, let him worship as he pleases.

The Establishment Clause is the first of several pronouncements in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

The Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause together read: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

In other words, in regards to religion, mind your own damn business! In America, if a person wants to worship a chicken, the constitution gives him that right!

chicken.jpg

Isn't it funny how people view Paganism as scary, but respect Native Americans for their beliefs about nature. I also think that it is funny that you brought up sacrificing children. I think the bible says that God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac. Although the story says that the sacrifice was never completed, why would God want a human sacrifice. Then again there is Jesus, was he not the human sacrifice for all of mankind?

So, I'm not religious at all. I respect people who are, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs upon others, and will openly discuss and debate religions like a sensible grown-up.

However, I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be "scared" by certain religions - such as Paganism. It's like some people have this belief that if you worship or respect nature, you're going to start sacrificing children? The same with Satanism - they assume that because "Satan" is in there, it must all be "evil", "black magic" and all that nonsense. Which is not the case at all!

Anyone ever seen some of the ridiculous prejudice as far as this kind of thing goes?

Ah well then, I'm screwed. I want no part in religion and I pass no judgment on those who do want to believe but that apparently doesn't stop them from wanting me gone. I wonder what makes me such a threat, the fact that I am a free thinker?

That is EXACTLY what makes you a threat.  Religion is the control of the mind.  Those easily controlled will spew venom at people like me who will not conform to what anyone else tells me is right or wrong when it comes to living my life.  And the fact that we aren't afraid to speak on our free thinking makes us a threat to them - which make no sense because if they truly believed what they are fed about the bible...you religious ones won't see us others in the afterlife...so why all the fuss now?  You do not need to have religion in order to live morally.  

Let's all remember that Christianity took many of it's "holidays" from Paganism.  Christmas was I believe the winter solstice before it became Jesus' birthday.  They are also responsible for spreading lies about pagans, wicca and "witchcraft" in order to instill fear in its subjects and condemn those that believe in worshiping nature.

Like many organized religions, the Church has traditionally used their religion as a way to control people. By instilling fear it its followers, it brainwashes them into thinking that there is only one true way and that anything else, Paganism, Wicca etc. is devil-worship and may even cost you your life in the old days. This will then (over the generations) breed a culture of intolerance in believers and no wonder Christians (and Muslims) have to deal with this baggage. 

A lot of the conflict between say, Muslims, Christians and Jews; or perhaps even in a social context like gays demanding the right to marry in the US are in the situation they are in now because of the intolerant, inflexible nature of monotheistic religions. In these religions if you do not have beliefs or worship in the same way just like everybody else, you are a sinner and a deviant. This is the legacy of Christianity in the US (or of radical Wahhabi-style Islam in the Middle East). 

Well, being Pagan myself I can tell you that kind of prejudice is very much alive and well. It's sad how far into ignorance some people choose to dwell. And while I have no personal interest in Satanism, most people who do (at least that I've known) are more into the LeVay school of thought and get a lot of unfair assumptions, as well. 

I myself am a Pegan. While yes there are times that I want to kill my coworkers I haven't. I have no active plans to sacafice someone. It just seems to be everyones uneducation that causes the problem. People assume stuff and can't handle if someone challenges that.

Paganism is one of the oldest religious followings. Many of the people who practice it are simply trying to get in touch with their ancestral nature and the control over the world other elements seem to possess. 

Anyone who looks at Satanism as evil simply needs to read Paradise Lost to understand the way that Satan could be revered by so many people. He represents individuality and freedom from slavery rather than something evil. It is a shame people don't look into a religion fully before passing a judgement about it.