A pyramid is waaaaaaaay more than "a glorified pile of rocks". You have to consider the size and weight of these "rocks", and the distant they had to be transported to the building site, and also the stability of the ground along the way. Today, real engineers can tell you that we don't have the technology to even handle the logistics of quarrying and transporting the raw materials, let alone building the pyramids with the same construction standards that are evident in these pyramids.

It simply is beyond our budgets and capabilities.

And they, supposedly, built many of these things using simple hand tools and logs (for wheels)?! Now, that's a funny thought. The mathematics, alone, is supposed to be beyond their abilities, according to traditional "common" knowledge. They are supposed to be less-capable people than us, or at least that's what we're taught.

A pyramid is waaaaaaaay more than "a glorified pile of rocks". You have to consider the size and weight of these "rocks", and the distant they had to be transported to the building site, and also the stability of the ground along the way. Today, real engineers can tell you that we don't have the technology to even handle the logistics of quarrying and transporting the raw materials, let alone building the pyramids with the same construction standards that are evident in these pyramids.

It simply is beyond our budgets and capabilities.

And they, supposedly, built many of these things using simple hand tools and logs (for wheels)?! Now, that's a funny thought. The mathematics, alone, is supposed to be beyond their abilities, according to traditional "common" knowledge. They are supposed to be less-capable people than us, or at least that's what we're taught.

So isn't the logical conclusion that the pyramids must have been built with E.T. technology? So there's more than just a fantastical figment of the imagination that the ancient aliens had been here. The question is why did they abandon us? And are they coming back again?

Oh, I don't question that humans had outside help with the building of the pyramids (and many other things). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if humans had very little to do with the building process in any capacity beyond being assistants (hopefully not as slaves).

I just can't dismiss Genesis 6 where it clearly describes Earthly visitations by fallen angels. So, terms like "E.T." and "aliens", as they've become popularized in media, tend to dilute real nature of things, IMO.

Maybe they didn't abandon us, maybe they got their a$$ handed to them on a golden platter, LOL. Or, maybe they had enough of seeding the Earth with enough confusion so that future generations would easily find reasons to drift astray from God.

Yes, I believe they are coming back, to present a false worldwide event for all cultures around the world to believe they are witnessing the return of their god. Most will worship them. Bad, bad mistake.

I've been reading too much Von Daniken and Sitchin, but yes, I very much believe in this Ancient Alien theory. How on Earth do you explain the huge ancient monoliths built using Stone Age tools with precision and accuracy that even we cannot replicate with modern technology? A friend of mine went Sacsayhuaman in Peru and the photos of the ancient buildings she took were mind-boggling. Each rock must weigh a ton, yet the ancient Indians had carved each one to fit perfectly to create their massive monuments and buildings.

I've been reading too much Von Daniken and Sitchin, but yes, I very much believe in this Ancient Alien theory. How on Earth do you explain the huge ancient monoliths built using Stone Age tools with precision and accuracy that even we cannot replicate with modern technology? A friend of mine went Sacsayhuaman in Peru and the photos of the ancient buildings she took were mind-boggling. Each rock must weigh a ton, yet the ancient Indians had carved each one to fit perfectly to create their massive monuments and buildings.

You'll have to ask for her permission to upload some, we'd all love to see.

Oh, I don't question that humans had outside help with the building of the pyramids (and many other things). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if humans had very little to do with the building process in any capacity beyond being assistants (hopefully not as slaves).

I just can't dismiss Genesis 6 where it clearly describes Earthly visitations by fallen angels. So, terms like "E.T." and "aliens", as they've become popularized in media, tend to dilute real nature of things, IMO.

Maybe they didn't abandon us, maybe they got their a$$ handed to them on a golden platter, LOL. Or, maybe they had enough of seeding the Earth with enough confusion so that future generations would easily find reasons to drift astray from God.

Yes, I believe they are coming back, to present a false worldwide event for all cultures around the world to believe they are witnessing the return of their god. Most will worship them. Bad, bad mistake.

I get the impression that you think those aliens are bad. Why do you think like that? Can't those aliens be good? And they left because they got disillusioned with seeing their good work being wasted by the stupid humans?

I get the impression that you think those aliens are bad. Why do you think like that? Can't those aliens be good? And they left because they got disillusioned with seeing their good work being wasted by the stupid humans?

Well, I'm viewing it from a Christian perspective in that there is a need, on the part of Evil, to separate mankind from a relationship with God and mankind's salvation. What better way to achieve that than with the theatrics of a worldwide alien visitation event? In the Bible we see that Lucifer is cast out of Heaven, and the pronouncement of "whoa unto the inhabitants of the Earth for he knows he has but a short time" (not a direct quote). A short time for what? A short time for one final deception of mankind, in the form of the Antichrist. Que "alien visitation sequence" in 3...2...1..."Hello, World...I be Jesus!"  :)

Society is already primed and ready for such a seduction. Parable of the fig tree.

I'm actually quite convinced that there is some element of truth in Von Daniken's (and similar researchers') writings. Too many distant countries and religions have almost identical stories of Gods who came down to Earth to teach mankind technology and other advanced cultural traits. I believe even in the Bible there are mentions of strange vehicles like the "wheel within a wheel" vision seen by the Prophet Ezekiel? 

Guest bsge11

I watch ancient aliens. I watched it more recently and record any show that I won't be able to watch. It does bring up some very fascinating things and theories. I just don't know why it would air on the History Channel. Channels like Discovery or SyFy channels would be the best and more appropriate place to view. I can only imagine historians who watch the History Channel can't stand this show.

Here's my take on the "Ancient Alien Theory" ..

The average minimal distance between Mars and the Earth is about 48 million miles. The distance fluctuates between 36 million and about 250 million miles. March 3, 2012, the distance was 100.7 million miles. Two years later, April 8, 2014, the distance will be 92.4 million miles.

The Moon is 238,857 miles from Earth and it took the Apollo Mission about 3 days to get there. NASA’s New Horizons Pluto Mission flew past the moon in 8 hours, 35 minutes. So with our advanced technology we could make it to Mars in about 4 months.

So it is feasible for an intelligent race of people to have come to Earth (there is no doubt they would have been much more evolved/intelligent than we are). All the evidence suggest that Mars was a wet, fertile place, an oasis. On Mars, there are dried riverbeds, flood planes, river deltas, and meandering rivers, all bone-dry now. Something horrific occurred on Mars, the same with Venus and the "Runaway Greenhouse Effect".

Some scientist and astronomers believe that we are actually descendants of Beings from Mars. As they saw their planet about to literally go up in smoke, they had to find another planet, and that planet could very well have been Earth. In a billion years or so, the same thing that occurred on Venus and Mars, will probably happen here.

• 1 month later...

I have watched the entire series and find it fascinating. 

Hell you don't even have to go that far back to find evidence that it's probably true. Look at the near overnight advances in technology made after the roswell crash. We go from thousands of years of very gradual technology and science knowledge to suddenly learning hundreds of years worth in 20 years. Computers, came out of nowhere. Cloning, same thing. Advancements in nearly every area of science. All out of nowhere.

They can only hide so much...

Guest catwalker90

When I first watched this show, I thought it was total bullshit, but then it started making a lot more sense. Especially the whole "people thought aliens were gods" thing.  I'm still on the fence about it because the nature of ancient writings and hieroglyphs were so metaphorical.  

I just keep reminding myself that if the ancients saw us today, with handheld lighters, ball point pens, remote control toys of any sort, they would think we were magic, maybe even Gods. It's just not that much of a stretch to believe that our ancestors did indeed encounter something alien, or at least very very advanced, and considered them Gods.

Many of the accounts from ancient civilizations say that the Gods actually walked among the people, were seen up close, and interacted with. That tells me that either 1. I must believe in some form of alien or advanced culture descending on our ancestors, or 2. there really are multiple Gods somewhere out there watching us. 

One of the best books that I've read regarding this subject was "The Ancient Alien Question" written by Phillip Coppens. His highly analytical writing as well as his well-researched book were extremely fascinating. I quite agree with the Ancient Alien Astronaut theory explaining the major advances made by humans in such a short span of time.