When conspiracy theorists go too far

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262850/Gene-Rosen-Conspiracy-theorists-attack-Sandy-Hook-hero-sheltered-children-massacre.html

Sandy Hook hero who sheltered six children after school massacre now faces constant harassment from 'truther' conspiracy theorists who claim he is a fraud

• Gene Rosen looked after the children for a number of hours, giving them toys to play with
  • Now, conspiracy theorists call him a pedophile and a satanist and say he is lying for the government
  • He has begun receiving daily threats and accusations that he is a paid actor

We all like to get to the truth, but I think we need to be careful and not victimize people just because they dont fit into our theories.

Edited by Neo
Added a bit more detail

Wow, just wow. I don't believe Sandy Hook was a hoax, so the way they are treating this man is outrageous. Someone may believe a different truth than him, but that doesn't mean you should bombard him with hate. If you think he faked it, that's what you think. Being a terrible person will do nothing to help the situation.

People actually believe that Sandy Hook was a huge government setup to create an excuse to ban guns. I question the government too, but threatening a man who sheltered children after their friends have been shot, that is outrageous. Some of these people just find excuses to exercise their questioning. Even if you truly think that, keep it to yourself. 

Sometimes I wonder if these people behave so crazily to purposely look like a fool so they dont get assassinated.  I mean we have this shouty guy, we have David "we are run by lizard people" Icke.  Cant be a coincidence.

It is very creepy to think that the many people that see the violence and manipulation in government don't mind using violence and manipulation in their everyday life.

So... government is evil because it uses disgusting tactics to get what it wants, but I'm somehow ethical for using the same tactics.

It's either acceptable to use manipulative tactics or it's not. We can't cherry-pick our values or we just end up with another government that can use these things.

... I just want to move to a small island and rot away. Some people...

... I just want to move to a small island and rot away. Some people...

But shouldnt the government have a higher standard of morals than the people?  They should set an example, or do you think they are allowed to say "do what I say not what I do?"

In the UK nearly all of the MPs cheated on their expenses, many were made to pay it back, but others got away with it.  Now we have the Prime Minister saying that paying tax is the morally right thing to do?  They cant have it both ways in my opinion.

Lets be honest, the governments of the world are behind 95% of the conspiracies that we are all so interested in. Like the Matrix, the governments have found that people will accept what they do, if they feel at some level they have a choice. Which is why we have democracy, yet whoever wins they just continue the same policies.

I honestly don't believe the Sandy Hook Massacre was a hoax in anyway. I'm not buying into the government did this to take gun rights away, as many people have said in articles I have read. I don't believe the crying mothers and family members are paid actors. Just because one woman wasn't beside herself for an interview, doesn't make it not real. Some people just handle tragic events differently. Bad things happen everyday, its just how our society is.

It may be cynical but seems like all major events, disasters and tragic events turn into an excuse to take advantage of the situation at some point.And no, I don't think Sandy Hook could be a hoax in any way. On another note, I remember David Icke, didn't he used to be a television sports announcer? And now he's known for conspiracy literature. Strange world we live in.

I love the title of this thread “When conspiracy theorists go too far”. I believe Sandy Hook is an honest man who really concerned about the kids by the time it happened. Simply providing his home and providing toys for hours is not enough basis that he is part of the conspiracy.

I just came across an interesting video that points out some very suspicious activity that could lead the average person to believe that the Sandy Hook shooting was all a hoax to further gun control laws in America. I think you all should check it out and see if that changes your opinion on the whole ordeal.

Here is the link:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhDdo1mzUx6Z04jdF0

But shouldnt the government have a higher standard of morals than the people?  They should set an example, or do you think they are allowed to say "do what I say not what I do?"

In the UK nearly all of the MPs cheated on their expenses, many were made to pay it back, but others got away with it.  Now we have the Prime Minister saying that paying tax is the morally right thing to do?  They cant have it both ways in my opinion.

I don't think government can have a moral sanction.

To me government can only have a moral sanction if they could do what they do without killing, locking up, or threatening those that disagree with the government. If they could do that, they wouldn't be government, they'd be a voluntary organization.

In fact, this might be a great opportunity for me to bring in a new post. It's a little off subject so I'll elaborate there.

Conspiracy theorists and Sherlock Holmes have a lot in common, they know that if you eliminate the impossible everything left is possible. With that in mind it's possible he is a satanist, pedo or many other things but without proof of these things it's very unwise to make these accusations and even more unwise to cause the man mental anguish be calling him names.

There is a fine line between offering an opinion based on possibility and offering an opinion as if it is fact when only based on assumptions. Don't let your mind get you time in jail, it's not worth it.

I just came across an interesting video that points out some very suspicious activity that could lead the average person to believe that the Sandy Hook shooting was all a hoax to further gun control laws in America. I think you all should check it out and see if that changes your opinion on the whole ordeal.

Here is the link:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhDdo1mzUx6Z04jdF0

Very interesting video. I am open to the fact that the gunman may not have acted alone. The problem is, at this point it is purely speculative. It can't be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Are there holes in the story? Yes there are many indeed. Does that make the event a hoax? Hardly. But one thing is for sure, when a crime is committed, the question that needs answering is: who stands to gain? I feel deep sorrow for the families who suffered a great loss, and it saddens me to see both sides taking advantage of them to further an agenda or to prove a point. 

While I don't think Sandy Hook was a hoax. I do, however, feel it was orchestrated by our government to put more fear into the public and basically get them to the point that they are right now, begging for government to jump in, increase their control even more and do something.

I believe the government could easily convince a person who is mentally unstable especially if they were able to get him on certain drugs and make some kind of deal that only a crazed mind would agree to.

I found it strange also, when the Sandy Hook events were questioned.  I myself have no doubt the massacre occurred.  I have the idea that the questioning of it is, how shall I say, perhaps itself intended to discredit the questioners among us?

People actually believe that Sandy Hook was a huge government setup to create an excuse to ban guns. I question the government too, but threatening a man who sheltered children after their friends have been shot, that is outrageous. Some of these people just find excuses to exercise their questioning. Even if you truly think that, keep it to yourself. 

These are the same people who think it's appropriate to hold a "Gun Appreciation Day" after a group of kids were shot dead, and a couple days before the second inauguration of our country's first African American President - what else would you expect from them? 

Well, in general, who in their right mind would threaten a person?

I just believe that the medias trying to discredit conspiracy theorists and make them look "bad" and "crazy" (even though there are some crazy people out there) because they are starting to realize that more and more people are looking into it and actually making sense out of the things they're searching for.

As bad as the threats and the accusations that are being made, you can't really blame anybody for questioning the event and the people surrounding the event because it is by far one of the weirdest reported news story with a lot of misinformation.

Here is something interesting to think about. How come we don't know much about Adam Lanza? Maybe it is some kind of government conspiracy. I do agree that we shouldn't just blame people unless we have enough solid evidence against them. At the moment i do believe that the Sandy Hook Tragedy was not a hoax and that it really happened. But the public not having much information about the shooter, and barely any trace of him on the internet makes me wonder.

People said the same thing about the movie theater shooting as well. I don't think the government plotted and set up these shootings but they definitely are using the media to hype up certain acts of violence for a favorable outcome.

I don't believe it was a hoax and I'm not fully convinced that the government had much to do with it. If people want to question the government, that's fine, but I regard the teacher that protected her children by shielding them was a hero. I believe people, especially some teachers, will go that far for their students. The gun rights was something that was brewing for a while now. Personally, I don't seen the need to stock up on assault rifles. I'm all for people having to pass a knowledge test to own a gun and to pass a control test. Would it help cut down on the guns that find their ways into the wrong hands? I doubt it. I even think that without a gun, there's other ways to end someone's life. 

• 2 weeks later...

Paul McCartney being dead and replaced by a lookalike? I find this one real hard to give any credence. Why would anyone go through the trouble of replacing a popstar, besides the amount of money the Beatles generated I guess. Why did anyone think it wasn't him in the first place?