artistry

Letters Sent to President Obama and Two Senators May Have Contained Ricin!

Rate this topic

Three letters, possibly containing ricin, were intercepted at the screening centers. The letters were being sent to President Obama, Senator Roger Wicker and Senator Richard Shelby. The two Senators are Republicans. A suspicious package was found as well, causing the Senate buildings to be evacuated.

While things like that are always sad and wrong, I'm not sure it's entirely surprising. Interesting timing with the bombings, but apart from that...

I hadn't heard about any letter to the President, just one senator. I will have to research this issue as new information comes to light. Quite often, the first news stories are inaccurate. I'll keep my eye out for new information about this issue.

Did some reading up on ricin. Apparently it's very toxic. However it only works when ingested. Eaten, that is. So sending ricin to anyone doesn't do any immediate harm because it doesn't activate on contact. Kind of like sending a bottle of sulphuric acid to someone. Actually less harmful than sending a bottle of sulphuric acid because sulphuric acid burns on contact but ricin doesn't. And the reports said traces of ricin. Which may or may not be lethal. All in all, it looks like a media circus rather than an actual attempt at assasination by mail.

Guest bsge11

It's pretty surprising how this and the bombings were happening at the same time period. I'm guessing those two are connected in a way. But then again it's probably coincidental. 

I kind of think that it is coincidental. Some were thinking that the Texas factory explosion was part of it all,.but until someone official says so, I think it is all just occurring at the same time. But you cannot help thinking there might be a connection. They have pictures, kind of blurry of two suspects in the bombing, they look foreign, so we'll see where that leads.

Did some reading up on ricin. Apparently it's very toxic. However it only works when ingested. Eaten, that is. So sending ricin to anyone doesn't do any immediate harm because it doesn't activate on contact. Kind of like sending a bottle of sulphuric acid to someone. Actually less harmful than sending a bottle of sulphuric acid because sulphuric acid burns on contact but ricin doesn't. And the reports said traces of ricin. Which may or may not be lethal. All in all, it looks like a media circus rather than an actual attempt at assasination by mail.

You're right Victor.. and the guy went through all of that, reportedly has been arrested, and will spend a few years in prison .. and for what? A horrendously botched attempt at what ever he was trying to do .. I watch the ID - Investigative Discovery - Channel, probably more than I should. It's rather addicting. I mention it because, like this idiot who sent the letters, it's amazing what crimes people will commit. Many of them have you wondering, "what the hell was this guy thinking?" At the end of each show, a judge hands down the sentence... "life w/o parole", "175 years", "2 consecutive life terms", "40 years", and what's funny is, some of the convicted people have the nerve to look surprised! The more callous killers, show no emotion, no remorse, and look as if they have no problem going to prison for the next several decades.

What was that guy thinking? Did he seriously think the President and Senators were going to open up their own mail?  Mail does not even go directly to the White House. It is processed, opened and examined at a nearby military base which will then be sent to the White House Staff.

I had heard about the letter being sent to the President and Senator Wicker. I didn't know that there was a third letter. I think these incidents are coincidental.

I was reading up on the Texas explosion. Apparently the fertilizer company has been in trouble with the EPA for safety concerns before this explosion. I have my doubts about it being any type of terrorist attack.

The Mississippi man who was arrested in connection with the ricin letters was reported by his family to be mentally ill. Which explains a lot.

The owners of that fertilizer plant should be prosecuted, the area looked like a war zone. The EPA should have shut them down. They should be charged with negligence in carrying out their job, if there is such a thing.

Its not just the President and two senators who received these letters.  I live in Phoenix, Arizona and our Sheriff Joe Arpaio also received a letter that contained a dangerous substance.  I too have to wonder if some of these events are connected in some way, it does seem like a very odd coincidence that we have two major explosions at the same time that these letters are being sent out.

Maybe this is just all a coincidence, because apparently the fertilizer plant could of been a terrible accident.  But still the timing of all this is very unsettling to say the least.  

I believe it is completely unrelated to the Boston thing. While yes the timing was interesting, it doesnt mean it is the same thing. The person's family did say he had mental problems. That alone could be his reasoning for doing it.

You're right Victor.. and the guy went through all of that, reportedly has been arrested, and will spend a few years in prison .. and for what? A horrendously botched attempt at what ever he was trying to do .. I watch the ID - Investigative Discovery - Channel, probably more than I should. It's rather addicting. I mention it because, like this idiot who sent the letters, it's amazing what crimes people will commit. Many of them have you wondering, "what the hell was this guy thinking?" At the end of each show, a judge hands down the sentence... "life w/o parole", "175 years", "2 consecutive life terms", "40 years", and what's funny is, some of the convicted people have the nerve to look surprised! The more callous killers, show no emotion, no remorse, and look as if they have no problem going to prison for the next several decades.

No, those veteran criminals or professional criminals are not going to prison. They are going home. That's where they learned their trade. That's where all their buddies are. That's where they can have a good night's sleep without worrying about the cops knocking on the door.

With regard to the attitude of some criminals. a classmate of one of the brothers. who committed the Boston bombings said that he was at college the next day partying. No remorse whatsoever.  These are not normal people.

So if it has to be ingested, what did this would be assassin think was going to happen? I wonder if they are going to attempt to trace the letters origins and find out who tried to pull a fast one.

Now they have released the first man, and charged one of his neighbors in the ricin laced letters. They claim that this person has a grudge against the first suspect, and mailed the letters to frame him. However, he says he had nothing to do with any of this, so the whole situation just seems to. Get crazier by the day, and who knows what will be the truth in the final analysis. It does not seem to be connected to the fire, or the bombing, and just happened to occur all around the same timeframe. This second guy, looks less likely to have mailed the letters than the first one did, to me, but I am wondering if maybe the police are on the whole wrong trail altogether, and it was neither of these two suspects ?

An evacuated Congress sounds like a step in the right direction for a more productive nation, LOL.

LOL! :D :D

Then again, anything would be an improvement.

Sounds like it just had traces of ricin. The way the media makes it seem like. Is that the letter was soaked in it and then a cookie was added.

Well, the action of the stock market last week when it dropped like a stone, over 100 points, in about  two minutes, when the Syrian Electonic Army hacked into the Associated Press's twitter account and tweeted, that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Obama was hurt, shows the effect of something bad happening to the President.