unreal83

3 New Planets Could Host Life

Rate this topic

In recent news, it is said that 3 new planets can host life. But the big point is... they are 1000 light years away!

I am wondering why they manage such a deduction with planets so far away. Why would scientists research something closer to us, something that could probably be more useful to us in future, rather than planets that we will be able to reach in a thousand years?

You can read more here

This is exciting news! Now, if they can get a warp drive ready, I will install it in my rocket ship because want to go! Where is my rocketship? I saw the future clearly when I was a child and I know I am supposed to have a rocketship here, somewhere! I must have left it laying on the driveway!

Seriously, I wish they could find one fairly close by so a visit COULD be possible!

I think this is fascinating to find out about.  One of the things that I found most fascinating of all is that these planets apparently exist outside our own solar system.  I remember some years back when the discovery of another planet was made that existed right outside the solar system we live in.  Now apparently this planet is part of yet another system of planets, for which there could be life forms living.  Not that I am too surprised by this, because I always suspected there was other life in the universe.  Just because there didn't seem to be any on the other planets in our immediate solar system didn't mean it didn't exist period.  So, its fascinating to me that we are now determining that there is far more out there then just the planets that we learned about in school.

This is another way to ensure us that life exists away from earth. Although, I'd be interested to see how they determine something like this for a planet so far. I know it's possible, it's just pretty amazing. Either way, I love hearing these stories, I hope we discover life outside of earth within my lifetime. Then I could die happy.  :)

Guest bsge11

Wow that's pretty impressive to determine that. Especially if these planets are 1,000 light years away. I'm sure they'll find more planets close to us. 

In recent news, it is said that 3 new planets can host life. But the big point is... they are 1000 light years away!

I am wondering why they manage such a deduction with planets so far away. Why would scientists research something closer to us, something that could probably be more useful to us in future, rather than planets that we will be able to reach in a thousand years?

You can read more here

1000 light years away? Which may mean that by the time we get there, they might not even be there anymore. Or the images that we see of them now, being images carried over 1000 light years, are totally outdated and has no relevance to what they are like right now.

Personally, I think we would do better to make our own planet a better place to live rather than peer hopelessly into the vastness of outer space hoping to find something which is not there by the time we see it.

1000 light years away? Which may mean that by the time we get there, they might not even be there anymore. Or the images that we see of them now, being images carried over 1000 light years, are totally outdated and has no relevance to what they are like right now.

Personally, I think we would do better to make our own planet a better place to live rather than peer hopelessly into the vastness of outer space hoping to find something which is not there by the time we see it.

Alien vehicles operate according to Einstein's theory called Special Relativity. The ideas of Special Relativity are very hard to imagine because they aren't about what we experience in everyday life, but has been confirmed by scientist. This theory says that space and time are really aspects of the same thing, referred to as "Space-time". There's a speed limit of 300,000 kilometers per second (or 186,000 miles per second) for anything that travels through space-time, and light always travels the speed limit through empty space.

Special Relativity also says that a surprising thing happens when you move through space-time, especially when your speed relative to other objects is close to the speed of light. Time goes slower for you than for the people you left behind. You won't notice this effect until you return to those stationary people.

When fifth dimensional regions line up, somewhat like the lining up of stars, alien spacecraft use fifth dimensional technology related to "zero-point energy" and time travel. A small reduction of zero-point-energy in front of an accelerating spacecraft would vastly reduce inertial resistance while expanding the speed of light in the direction of travel .. EXPANDING THE SPEED OF LIGHT IN THE DIRECTION OF TRAVEL. Therefore, the distance between say Alpha Centuri and our Sun is covered in a matter of meters, instead of 4.367 light years, or 24 trillion miles.

Alien spacecraft travel on a beam of light associated with the alignment of planets and stars. These type alignments only take place several times a year, which would explain why aliens don't show up more often. The technology these advanced beings use is not solely based on speed, but how short they can make the trip. For example, if you run a 1500-meter race and found that you could cover the distance in one step, that's what these intelligent beings are doing with "dimension skipping technology", predicated on Special Relativity and Zero-point Energy.

Once conventional light-speed is exceeded, tachyon physics (tachyonic particle is a particle that always moves faster than light) would permit continued acceleration, while shedding built-up energy. This process could continue up to the desired location.

Most Earthlings have no clue of these concepts because (1) we make no attempts to study them, and (2), most would rather believe archaic, medieval, religious balderdash, spoon-fed to them since birth.

The universe is a vast, vast area. They discover as they discover. Those things that are closer just have not come under their radar as yet. Fascinating information as they reveal it. In time, light years may be tranversed by more sophisticated methods, perhaps by beaming humans by light beams as on Star Trek. Possibly?

The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is three times as powerful as Hubble. It will be stationed over 900,000 miles from the surface of the Earth, compared to Hubble being 350 miles above Earth's surface. JWST will find the first galaxies that formed in the early Universe. With Hubble, we have been able to see that there are billions of galaxies in the small percentage of the universe we've been able to observe. JWST will allow us to view galaxies that are 7 to 10 billion years old. Keep in mind, there is life on those billions of planets. This intelligent life has existed billions of years longer than life on our planet, which means that it is a STRONG possibility these beings are FAR more ADVANCED than we are.

JWT.jpg

Later this decade, the Webb telescope will launch into space, sailing to the distant, isolated orbit where it will begin its quest. Supernovae and black holes, baby galaxies and planets' potential for supporting life — Webb will help reveal the answers to some of the biggest mysteries of astronomy. ~ WebbTelescope.org

Well that's good to know, at least hopefully when the time comes that Earth is too saturated and polluted to function properly, at least we know that there can be another planet like Earth that we can move in to. Now the only problem would be is how are we gonna manage to travel that far?

This is exciting. But I've always wondered just how much of the sky have we even looked at? I mean we've got Space all around us, what percentage of all the directions to point a telescope have we covered?

The most spectacular things could be right over someone's left shoulder if we got around to looking over there. And I don't mean with our greatest equipment, but with just an ordinary high-end telescope.

So many more things to discover.

This is cool, but really there is life much closer to Earth than that. I really don't follow Nasa to give us the latest news, of course they cover stuff up. They would never tell us if they found life on the moon or Mars now would they? It would be nice to see proof of life on another planet reach the public arena in my lifetime.

Well, it's not necessarily useful for us but it is pretty impressive and cool to know nonetheless. Though, as another poster pointed out- at that distance from us it's hard to tell if we're seeing something presently relevant or just old photographs and fragments left behind. 

The images that the Hubble Space telescope (that sits about 350 miles from the surface of the Earth), has been able to provide us is not "outdated." These images give us glimpses of distant galaxies, like our own Milky Way Galaxy, except those galaxies are a few billion years older than our Galaxy. The James Webb telescope will be stationed almost 1 million miles from the surface of the Earth and it will be more powerful than its predecessor. The fact that these galaxies, consisting of billions of stars and planetary systems like our own, are older than ours means that "Thinking Beings" are quite a bit more advanced than we are.

If a far off planetary system is viewing our galaxy via telescopic equipment, your synopsis would mean they would not be seeing our galaxy, but seeing something outdated and does not exist. It is critical that we understand Space and the Universe.

Understanding the Greenhouse Effect across the Solar System will quite possibly allow us to avoid what happened on Venus and Mars. For example, Venus is similar to Earth in size and mass. The major difference, the surface temperature on Venus is about 460 degrees Celsius - hot enough to melt lead. The atmosphere is primarily carbon dioxide - a greenhouse gas. Earth has a minute fraction of carbon dioxide in its atmosphere, but it's on the rise.

Most scientists agree that Mars had a climate very similar to Earth, with oceans, and a much different atmosphere than it currently has. Unfortunately, approximately 3600 million years ago, something happened and the planet evolved towards its current state. By studying the cosmos, we can find out what triggered such a horrific climate change and possibly keep that from happening on our planet. To ignore Space would be global suicide.

You might want to check out this video from Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, he directly addresses why we "peer hopelessly into the vastness of outer space."

http://youtu.be/8IsTM5qRER8

** Coincidentally, I watched the video above in its entirety, AFTER, I wrote this response, and Dr. Tyson used the same word - Suicide - in his explanation of how unwise it would be, not to study the universe.