Rate this topic

Why do so many christians fear tarot cards? And make this out to be some sort of devil worship. In reality it is just a tool to aid in someones own psychic ability. And I truly believe god has given us all a "third" eye. Some people are just to afraid of what they do not understand.

I believe the ability to predict the future is a natural talent. It has nothing to do with devil-worship or satanism. A person could be a Christian and a clairvoyant. Exactly! Many people have a fear of the unknown. 

One primary characteristic of Christianity is FEAR. Fear of God, fear of eternal punishment, fear of any person or religion that is different from their own. Before I'm corrected by a Christian, maybe they do not actually "fear" other religions and beliefs, but they won't have much to do with you if you don't believe what they believe. The way they put it is, "we're not equally yoked." I've personally heard that from lots of Christian women when they find out that I'm not a Christian, and that I do not identify with any religion. Then they insinuate, "so you're an Atheist?" My response, "no, I just don't believe in the deity depicted in the Christian holy book."

So it's not just Tarot Cards, it's anything that does not coincide with what's in their holy book, since the majority of Christians believe it to be the inerrant word of God.

I've been watching some very in-depth videos on the Astrology and Astrotheology and how that all relates to God (the guy's name is Santos Bonacci). I'm not trying to point anyone in this direction, BTW. You're captain of your own ship. You won't be pointing at me saying that I helped lead you astray, if this interest turns out to be a mistake on my part, LOL. Make your own choices.

However, I'm a Christian and I think it's important to be willing to study and learn things. I believe that if something is bad about it, God will certainly help me to understand this, especially if I pray for such protection. My concern is that with so many lies in the air these days, maybe some of the things that I've chosen to believe are tainted with the lies of Evil. We believe so easily without taking the time to really understand. I just want to be sure. Nothing is going to steer me from my Faith and Salvation in Christ. However, we do have an Enemy and I need to be sure of what's clean and what's tainted.

I have to agree that this is more a fear of the unknown then anything else. Most Christians don't understand Tarot Cards so they dismiss them as evil.   I also agree that a psychic ability is a gift from God, and that most of us have this gift we just don't know how to tap into it the way that others have.  As for Tarot cards I have no real issue with them.  I do however, tend to take them with a grain of salt.  For me they are more a fun parlor game then a true reading of what is to come.  I use to have a friend who did readings with these, it was interesting to watch and even participating in but as I said I really didn't take it too seriously though.  Does, that mean that I don't believe in psychics.  Quite the contrary I believe that there are true psychics.  I have actually encountered a few in my time so I know this ability is very real.

The problem with Tarot cards is that they can be a haven for scammers working their mojo on the naive. Since the average person generally knows nothing about them, anyone with the right presentation can be convincing (entertaining?) enough to make a buck.

One primary characteristic of Christianity is FEAR. Fear of God, fear of eternal punishment, fear of any person or religion that is different from their own. Before I'm corrected by a Christian, maybe they do not actually "fear" other religions and beliefs, but they won't have much to do with you if you don't believe what they believe. The way they put it is, "we're not equally yoked." I've personally heard that from lots of Christian women when they find out that I'm not a Christian, and that I do not identify with any religion. Then they insinuate, "so you're an Atheist?" My response, "no, I just don't believe in the deity depicted in the Christian holy book."

So it's not just Tarot Cards, it's anything that does not coincide with what's in their holy book, since the majority of Christians believe it to be the inerrant word of God.

I totally agree! The problem with monotheistic religions like Christianity is that they teach their followers to worship only one God in only one way and to read only one holy book. Anything else is a deviation and should not be trusted! This is a problem that does not exist in other religions like Buddhism, Hinduism and even in Wicca. They all believe that multiple paths exist, all leading ot the greater good.

I do not understand people!  They will go to a tarot card reader, and when they hear of what the tarot card reader has to say, they will fear it.  I mean, for me, those are just guides of what can happen, but it is still up to us on what to do to not let it happen.  Say, shall the reader say I will not pass in the exam, I will definitely study hard to not let it happen.  But others I know, when they hear that they will not pass the exam, they will not study at all because they believe in what the reader said. Obviously, since they did not study, they failed.  

Tarrot card readers never fail to advise us at the start of the session that they are there to only serve as a guide to what could happen in our future.  It still up to us to not let it, or let it, happen.

Why do so many christians fear tarot cards? And make this out to be some sort of devil worship. In reality it is just a tool to aid in someones own psychic ability. And I truly believe god has given us all a "third" eye. Some people are just to afraid of what they do not understand.

While I agree that Christianity's taboo against Tarot cards, and other forms of divination, is based on fear, I do not think it is fear of the unknown at play.

Christianity has power only as long as the individual has very little of his or her own. It is this personal power to decide for one's self that the church fears. 

People, confident in their choices, find their need for dogmatic guidance disappears along with their need for the church.

I have asked this question before, and the reason that people have given me is that you are not supposed to be able to tell the future - that only God is supposed to know the future and they you are essentially challenging him when you seek to know the future, which is just plain ridiculous in my opinion. It is clear to see that it is all about control and making people think that they must look outside of themselves - to God, this exterior being - for all of their answers.

I for one will not fall for the fear mongering or the control aspect of it. I have several packs of angel cards, vibration cards, and affirmation cards. My grandmother has also been telling us what is going to happen in the future for years, and without the aid of any cards. The things she says always come true, which was scary at first, but now that I am older I am used to it.

There are people gifted with the power to receive premonitions. There is nothing unholy about it, it is a natural talent just like some people can draw masterpieces or create brilliant music. If you have such gifts, ask yourself why God gave you this gift when some other Christians say it is unholy? 

I am so happy to see that there are such open-minded people. I was starting to get so discouraged with peope seeing me as a devil worshiper or a bad person. I am a christian I just don't see things so black and white. There is so much more than this single path that we have to follow or else we are damned for all eternity. I have a good friend who has told me it is all wrong and my dream interpretations are evil. I try to tell her it is all a part of our own inner psyche and has nothing to do with God or the devil. It is all a part of who you are inside. But she acts like she is centuries behind and ready to drown me and make me confess I am a witch...LOL..

I'm a Catholic and I'm not afraid of using tarot cards, in fact, I consult in them too. I don't think that it's a "devil's tool" or it's wrong to use them at all, only ignorant people tend to think that way.

Well, after delving into this stuff (Astrology and Astrotheology) for a little bit, I'm going to have to back away from it. I began to see connections to other people that I know I would do better to steer clear of. There are too many connections to Illuminati, Age of Aquarius/anti-Jesus, NWO, Masonic Temple, etc. It gets real messy when you start to capture the bigger picture of how things are inter-related. It might be interesting and entertaining for some, but pay attention to its origins and the people linked to it throughout its history. It gets deep and wooly. :P

Hey, at least I gave it a chance to reveal itself. Now I know.

Guest Dorothy

I believe in God and I am not afraid of the Tarot cards, it is like someone else said here it is a guide as to what could happen and if anything it gives you a chance to change it or keep it from happening if possible.

People who don't know a certain thing, tend to fear it.. that's how the human mind works. But I doubt that any religion fears these cards. From what I know, most religious people don't even consider tarot cards as a real thing, just something you see in movies with witches and ghosts.