Can god be explained by alien visits?

If indeed any significantly advanced civilization can appear as gods to a primitive civilization, couldn't the initial appearance of an alien visit been likened to gods and given rise to the seeds of what we call religion? One prime example would be angels, winged creatures that live above the clouds.

Hmm there's a lot of theories surrounding this.

As much as I'd like to believe they are good, they give me a creepy gut feeling.

Some might say it's because you're unfamiliar and haven't seen a species other than your own but I find it untrue.

Ever heard of abductions stories? None of them has ever been pleasant.

A lot of the stories usually involve the victim being in pain and scared to death; Plus they're mostly seen at night. Evil much?!

I personally believe they are fallen angels who are in another dimensional form used to help discredit the existance of God.

Here's an interesting link if anybody is curious to read on:

http://planoslie.hubpages.com/hub/10-reasons-why-aliens-are-actually-fallen-angelsdemons

It lists 10 reasons why aliens are fallen angels/demons.

I mean, of course it's possible. In my opinion that's more likely of a scenario then some things most people actually believe to be true. There are also a lot of historians who believe that Akhenaten, an Egyptian pharaoh, was actually an alien due to his and his families abnormal head shape.

Truth be told, there is no way to know for sure.

I'd like to think that if it were true they would come back to us soon and clear this whole religion mess.

I wish I could remember the name of a documentary I watched that went over this. I've heard of the Egyptian pharaoh bit that 5amMarks mentioned. I also heard of the Japanese tale with the woman in the sphere called Utsuro Bune. It talks about a vessel that washed up somewhere near what is now the Ibaraki prefecture. 

Here's a documentary that might be of interest to anyone.

I often wondered this myself. It's difficult to say what exactly happened or went wrong. Some stories I have read in books by authors who have channelled highly evolved spirits in the spiritual dimension claim that humanity as we know it was created as an experiment by the highly advanced civilization of Atlantis before it was destroyed. The experiment involved the division of the androgynous state into two seperate expressions. One being male, the other female. The first man and woman. Adam and Eve. If this is true, then the demigods of the civilization of Atlantis and Lemuria are the God (s) that created humanity, and are also the false God(s) that every religion worships. It is also thought that these 'gods' had regular communication with those of other planets, but these other beings or aliens were trying to help them spiritualize their technologies for the good not for evil.

I think these aliens are not Gods per se, but if they are worshipped by people if ever they show themselves to humans, then it just depends on the decision of the person to worship that alien. I think that aliens are different from angels, angels are intended to be angels and aliens are intended to be aliens. They are even different to begin with, because angels are spirits while aliens are mere mortals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that this is possible theory. Our ancestors would have no reference or proper way to explain a flying being other than some kind of magic and 'Gods' would help explain away all of the mystery sorrounding an alien visit. There are many ancient drawings of flying beings some with wings and others without. Perhaps all religion is Alien founded? who knows...

:)

"Gods" could potentially be explained by extra terrestrial encounters, but I think it's a leap of logic. Failing actual physical evidence or direct documentation of these encounters that do not take the form of religious imagery, we really have no good means to connect the two concepts. It's the same error in logic that people make when they see something in the sky they don't understand and then go "Oh, look, aliens!".

Yes this is possible. If you look back over the years, we as a people have feared what we do not understand. Some things that 20 years ago were nothing more than science fiction have become reality. Alot of people do not embrace or even attempt to understand the unfamiliar. We want a reasonable, tangible explanation. Otherwise it is all hogwash. Is this not how alot of people see things?  So can you imagine people from centuries past encountering ufo's or aliens. Who knows what they may have thought. But the truth is we really do not know. But to keep an open-mind is paramount to understanding and coming closer to the truth.

This is an interesting video concerning the concept of "Cargo Cults" .  Basically in WWII the military needed to set up bases in the middle of areas populated by indigenous people, who had no concept of out technology.  We gave them nice things, such as chocolates, blankets, etc.  from our Canteens.  When the war ended, the troops left.  When the Troops left, so ended the flow of goodies.  Thus, the indigenous natives decided to build bamboo airplanes, airstrips, begin to pray to the sky...all to bring back the flow of chocolates and other tasty items.

This idea of Cargo cults forms the basis of how some people view the development of our belief in god(s), our prayers, the fact that we are always seeking help from an invisible being and looking upwards.  In effect, we actually act a lot like these natives did. 

One could say, we are still waiting for your chocolates.

One religion that could be based on alien visits is Hinduism. Even today, millions of Hindus believe that in ancient times the gods walked the earth and that they flew around on flying vessels called vimanas which could be extraterrestrial crafts of some kind. 

It is possible that the gods and demons of Hindu mythology may in fact be ancient alien beings. 

This is an excellent article about Hindu mythology and its apparent links to ancient UFOs:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vimanas/esp_vimanas_3.htm

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of talk about aliens knowing much more about humans and the true history of humanity then actual humans do. We have been dubbed a civilization with immense amnesia. They also apparently have technology that we would consider supernatural technology. So apparently, some of these negative alien entities who seek power amongst other things, appear to us as God-like symbols such as Jesus and they try yo do harm that way, or they want us to believe that they are God based on the fact that they know so much.

I have never experienced this myself though. It is just what I have heard.

• 4 weeks later...

We have technology today, that if seen by an ancient ancestor would be considered magic and we might well be treated as Gods. There are just too many coincidences in my opinion to overlook the facts. Although all these early religions call their Gods by different names, their depictions, descriptions, and stories are all nearly identical. With no possible way for these early people to have met each other, or communicated with each other, they still managed to somehow have nearly identical creation stories, identical God appearances, identical God actions etc. Many of these Gods were cruel and mean which certainly goes along with the thousands of abductions that can't be disproven (some can be disproven, but not most).

There are tangible structures, monoliths, statues, wall paintings, and artifacts that all point to these ancient Gods being similar earth wide. How better to explain these impossible situations than to consider them alien.