VDOMP.info

Weird Spaceman Found On British Marsh (Picture)

Rate this topic

Hello, I am new to the forum, and thought I would share with you one of the weirdest alien pictures I have ever found. Personally, I don't have any explanation for this picture. 

Wikipedia-"The Solway Firth Spaceman (also known as the Solway Spaceman and the Cumberland Spaceman) is a mysterious figure seen in a photograph taken by Jim Templeton in 1964 at Burgh Marsh, situated near Burgh by Sands and overlooking theSolway Firth in CumbriaEngland. Templeton claims the photograph shows a background figure wearing a space suit and has insisted that he did not see anyone present when the photograph was taken. The image has attracted interest from ufologists."

mzfx5.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solway_Firth_Spaceman

Some people claim the picture was hoaxed. Others see a real tall mysterious astronaut-like figure behind the little girl. It would be logical to accept the first explanation if not for some interesting events that happened just after the photos were published in the local newspaper. The father of the girl, who took the photo was approached by two men in black claiming to be working for her Majesty's government. They took him for a drive to the site where he took the photo of his daughter. They asked him strange questions like "Could the picture have been a bird or plane flying in the background?", all the while trying to convince him that the photo was somehow faked, or that the strange being was just a trick of light caused by something in the background. After arguing with them, they got really angry and left him at the field to walk all the way home! Another incident involved a request from the editor of an Australian newspaper who requested the editor of the newspaper in England that first published the picture to send him the negatives, because he suspected something strangely similar had happened in Australia. Apparently, a missile test in Australia had to be aborted because the cameras picked two large white clad figures walking about the site. This apparently happened a day after the incident on the marsh. Apparently, the rocket had been assembled at a site not far from where the family had been picnicking that day when they took the unusual photo. When Australian reporters wanted to view the film taken during the day of the launch, it seems all the footage was there except the one with the footage of the mysterious beings.

The mystery of the Solway Firth spaceman is very interesting. It's supposed to be a legitimate image. I found a video entitled "Alien Files Solway Firth Spaceman", that talks about the image, and talks about the "Men In Black" (not the movie, it's where the movie director got his idea).

Personally, there are too many stars and planets (billions) in the Milky Way alone (many of these stars have planetary systems similar to our Solar System) to think that we're the only intelligent life form in the universe. In other words, these billions of stars, similar to our Sun, have planets revolving around them. If this particular being was real, this not only means life exist outside of our Solar System, but more than likely, these beings are more intelligent than we are because, for one, they have found a way to travel great distances - light years - in a short period of time. Traveling at the speed of light - 186,000 miles per hour - it would take 100,000 years to get a full view of the Milky Way galaxy. Therefore, if an intelligent beings have made it to planet Earth, they are doing so my means that we are not yet aware of.

http://youtu.be/i-DaPl6j17k

What an awesome picture ! I had never heard of this before, so I had to look up the link you added, and then see what else I could find out about the picture.

It appears that the consensus of opinion, is that this is actually the mother in the background, standing on kind of a dike meant to protect the area from any flooding. The camera is old, and she was in the sun, and is therefore looking white in the picture, due to overexposure . If you look close, you can kind of see that below her dark hair, there is a collar, and almost make out the line of the short sleeve on her outfit.

There are a few other pictures, and they show the mother, or someone, on her knees (picking flowers ?) , but also show a dark shadow on the OTHER side of the daughter, as if someone was standing there as well. Since the only people supposed to be there are the three people in the family , what would cause another shadow ? It is not coming from the photographer, but down the hill towards him. There are no trees , bushes, or other vegetation around where they are at.

Apparently, sometime after this picture became famous, the same photographer also took pictures of a UFO in the same area. At this point, the idea of a hoax might seem to come into the picture ( so to speak) .

It is not likely that we will know for sure what, or who, is in this picture, but it is a great story, and I loved reading and researching it !

There seems to be trend in these kind of pictures. It seems that the authorities, without any further investigation, would just brush them off as fakes, photoshopped, etc. Then they will do the investigation, on the quiet. At the end of the investigation, there will be total silence on the matter. So, what gives? Don't we have a right to know the truth? Hey, we are all together on this planet. If there are aliens, all of us have the right to be informed. This is our planet and we have nowhere else to go.

In 1964 I know they did not have all the technology and photshops that we have today. So in my opinion that gives this photo credibility as far as its realism.  Add to it the fact that the father of the child was approached by the men in black. If this was no more than tomfoolery than why was there so much interest in this photograph? And why was there a cover up and the photo came up missing? There is to much mystery around this to just dismiss it. This is very interesting, and the odds are that back in 1964 the government had more of a stranglehold on the people. Maybe back then they did not question the officials as much. 

It would be interesting as to find out or hear from this little girl today. Maybe she could shed some light on this.

This is unusual. It could have been a contact experience, or you could have been astral travelling. OBE I cant imagine you being ioutside of a ship/i if youd had a contact experience, but I can only relate this to what Ive seen and what I think I understand. It must have been AWESOME

___