Obama Tells Students to REJECT Voices Warning of Government Evil

U.S. President Barack Obama gives the commencement address to the graduating class of The Ohio State University at Ohio Stadium on May 5, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio.
“I dare you, Class of 2013, to do better. I dare you to do better,” Obama said.

Obama also urged the students to “reject these voices” that warn of the evils of government, saying:

‘Still, you’ll hear voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s the root of all our problems, even as they do their best to gum up the works; or that tyranny always lurks just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, creative, unique experiment in self-rule is just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.

Yes, young minds.  Reject the idea that the state is pure evil.  lol

Probably because you have to look at the people peddling these ideas. They're crazy loose cannon types who look like they've spent a year inside a coal mine without food. It's one thing to have warnings of government overreach coming from normal folk. But the Rick Perry's and Glenn Beck's of the world, are far from normal.

Probably because you have to look at the people peddling these ideas. They're crazy loose cannon types who look like they've spent a year inside a coal mine without food. It's one thing to have warnings of government overreach coming from normal folk. But the Rick Perry's and Glenn Beck's of the world, are far from normal.

Or evil dictators-in-waiting, especially Glenn Beck. I stumbled upon a video of Beck talking about his "freedom city". He essentially replaced the "evil" government with himself.

I do think that we do have to watch out for government interferring in our personal lives, of overstepping boundaries. But it's another thing to replace government with something or someone far worse.

Someboidy needs to give a warning. Especially regarding  those who use an  image of the President for target practice, as the NRA did over the weekend at their sinister convention. Or those like Rick Perry, using weapons for target range practice, that look like mini cannons. These people have serious brain problems, that need more than medication. Shock treatments might work.

Governments are not to be trusted. Any government. Doesn't matter if it's a democracy or an autocracy. They are all the same. They are made up of people. Just like you and me. With the same needs and desires. With the same weakness and mistakes. Beats me why we think that just because they are called the government that they are any different from us. Don't we ever stop trying to create gods in our own images?

I believe studies have been done on the psychological profile, personality type and mentality of people in politics and those who manage to attain high positions in governments or in the army. They are usually type A personalities who have the absolute drive and aggressiveness to succeed. They are usually workaholics and overachievers who stop at nothing to achieve their goals. Nothing stands in their way and they're control freaks by nature as well.

Now Imagine hundreds of people like this in charge of countries all over the world. 

Now Imagine hundreds of people like this in charge of countries all over the world. 

You dont really believe that do you?  Our politicians are silver spoon, never achieved anything in their life types.  So disconnected from what real life is like they dont understand everyday people.

The notion of government overreach is the very reason behind the founding documents of this country. So, the idea that government overreach is something to not be concerned with is pretty ignorant on the most fundamental of levels. Look at the history of governments around the world. Even the History channel gets this fact right.

The extremist position is to think that it can't and doesn't happen. The kookyville position is to not be able to recognize that it's happening, right now before your very eyes!

If we could somehow turn the activities in Washington into a Reality TV Show (with cameo appearances by Honey Boo Boo and the latest contestants from American Idol), I think people would actually pay attention and be more informed.

The fact that he is telling people not to worry about a tyranical govenment bothers me. He says things like we are a democracy and we're all in control of the government, self rule stuff. However, that's simply not the case is it? Let's just pretend the N.W.O., the illuminati and all that doesn't exist for a moment. I don't know that there is a secret cabal behind what's going on as President Wilson said, but I do know that politicians vote for the things that those people who control their purse strings tell them to. There's a reason there is so much money spent on lobbying in this country. Because it works. Nearly all our politicians are bought and paid for. So that really gums up the whole plan of self rule.

What's worse is we really have no choice in politicains to send to Washington. Anyone who makes muster to get on the ballot is already so inbedded in the system that it's a joke. If by some miracle they are not bought and paid for by the time they make it to Washington they don't usually last long, or they start playing ball, and sale out.

It becomes more clear everyday that our government cares more about pleasing it's corporate masters than actually governing this country properly. The two parties are no different. They argue for the camera on devisive social issues while they march in lock step on issues of monetary policy, national security, privacy, and the overarching power of the growing police state. Tyranny is not around the corner it's here.

I believe studies have been done on the psychological profile, personality type and mentality of people in politics and those who manage to attain high positions in governments or in the army. They are usually type A personalities who have the absolute drive and aggressiveness to succeed. They are usually workaholics and overachievers who stop at nothing to achieve their goals. Nothing stands in their way and they're control freaks by nature as well.

I have seen plenty of such people and they are not in the government. Some are in business and if their business prospers they are called corporate role models. If their business fails, they are spit upon. Some are not in business or in government. Just plain heads of households. The father, in other words. If their children succeed in later life, they are called father role models. If their children become failures twisted by neoroses created by their father's overbearing influence, then they, the fathers, are spit upon. So I don't see how people with such characters are any different from the rest of us, even if they are in the government.

Yes, I can imagine hundreds of such people in charge of countries all over the world. I can also imagine what a nightmare it will be. The point is we don't need such people in the government. These people are driven by personal ambition to achieve personal agendas. Why should we be paying them to get what they want for themselves? It's absolutely ridiculous! Just imagine paying someone to manage your store and all he does is make money for himself. I would call that outright stupidity. And that's what we are doing when we vote into public office people who are only interested in their own personal goals.

Of course Obama is going to defend the government from "hearsay", since he is part of the "government evil" himself. He's actually the one in power right now to implement any law that has insidious purposes, so he's plain lying when he made that statement.

Of course Obama is going to defend the government from "hearsay", since he is part of the "government evil" himself. He's actually the one in power right now to implement any law that has insidious purposes, so he's plain lying when he made that statement.

Just the fact that he felt the need to say that in a commencement speech is proof enough to me to LISTEN TO THE VOICES!! lol.  Our government has grown out of control!  And we Americans sit back and allow it.  I mean we just found out the IRS has been targeting tea party and other groups trying to acquire their 503© to become tax exempt.  The Patriot Act, CISPA....I mean the proof is in the pudding people.

I find this interesting. Seeing how these things have always been said about the government since even its founding. I would just shrug it off if I was the president. Also interesting how the people that make the laws have no clue what it is like in the "poor peoples world".