Sign in to follow this  
dagscot

Catholic church

Rate this topic

Some people believe the sheer size and power of the Catholic church pervades everything. It certainly still contains many mysteries and veiled secrets that have been made popular in movies/books like the Da Vinci Code. Is the Catholic Church a power that influences the world that we know it?

I wouldn't rule it out. Anything is possible and who knows what really goes on behing the scenes. I'm sure they have some sort of power and influence throught the many facets of our society, but the extent of that power we only can speculate.

I think Islamists fanatics fear the catholic church because of the size of it's following but Islamist fanatics see the world as absolute and they focus on sheer numbers, not quality. Look at Greece, the moment Muslims became the majority they overthrew the government and are busy undoing all things non-muslim in that country including sports, the spartans would be mortified.

Thankfully not all Muslims are fanatics, but I do wish they would help stop the fanatics a little more.

The catholic church is but a resurrection of the Roman empire. I truly believe that. One religious figure I truly admire is the Dalai Lama. When he walks into a room, the whole place lights up. There is a peaceful aura that surrounds him and it shines.When the pope walks into a room, there is a dark cloud that follows him. An evil presence and aura about him that would make anyone run for the exit. All I see in the catholic church is a revolving door. Evil making its way in and out, round and round. I can almost hear their conversation with the Lord..."It was a joke. I really didn't mean it. Come on, forgive me, I was just joking!" Spoken like a true catholic.

The Caltholic church has become rather massive, and they do have some behind the scenes government influence, which is absurd. I'm not religious whatsoever, but if I was, I would really dislike the Catholic church. Gotta love all those molestation cases throughout the last century, where was god on that one?

I wouldn't be surprised with the way they try to wedge themselves into politics or throwing out their own political agenda. It's rather frustrating when you hear the Pope saying that gay marriage would bring about discord in the people. It just sounds like they're promoting their own fears among the masses and trying to get their followers to blindly follow. There nothing more disappointing than hearing a person condemn a law and passing it on "the Bible/Pope says so". Not to mention, he also had a few things to say about biotechnologies. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-13/pope-condemns-gay-marriage-warns-on-biotechnology-before-trip-to-u-k-.html

There would certainly be some strong powerforce  by the Catholic church based on the sheer size. Certain organizations are within the control of the church and its policies. With all the scandals exposed there in recent times, a lot of the credence of the church has been lost. Off subject, I find that the Pope's demeanor is very dark. He does not appear to be a happy man, or a man at peace. Just my opinion.

The Catholic Church is very influential, because if it isn't then abortion would have been legal a long time ago. But even if I'm a Roman Catholic, I think that beneath it's facade, the Vatican is part of lots of conspiracies and they really are connected to the anti-Christ. I even saw some photos of the pope doing this devil's horn hand sign, which is a symbol of the Illuminati, so I'm convinced that he isn't really serving God behind closed doors.

Any sufficiently large organization is going to have its own secrets and conspiracies, so, yeah, you can pretty much bet that they are up to some shady things and have been for quite some time.

The Da Vinci Code is complete fiction, though.

How many people have AIDS because the Catholic church doesn't believe in contraception?   How many starving infants in the 3rd world are born to families with no food? How many unwanted children born to families who didn't really want them?  How many people who were raped, couldn't have an abortion because the Catholic church says no.  

You see its god's will that a woman got raped, but gods will isn't strong enough to get around a bit or rubber around a man's penis.  And abortions and contraception means you have less followers born to control the next generation, so cant have that.

Not only that, how many young boys were raped over the centuries by catholic priests? The very same ones who have not only taken a vow of celibacy, but who also proclaim that homosexuality is an act of perversion and a sin in the eyes of God. Catholics are the biggest hypocrites to ever slander the name of Jesus.

As a former Roman Catholic, I can say with certainity that the reach of the Cathlic Church is far and wide. It's influence and membership are waning in the US, but are growing outside of the US especially in Europe. 

Ronald Reagan is often attributed with the fall of Communism. But Pope John Paul II was the real power behind the fall of Communism. The Catholic Church is power and very, very wealthy. It's not going anywhere soon.

Here in Brazil the churches are thieves, let me tell you some, it`s serious thing... They make $10 billlion dollars a year all together from the suckers (sorry) who donate money for them in exchange of protection by god or something... This is totally messed up here, people have to WAKE UP PLEASE!!!

I was born into a Catholic family, but I've also moved away from it.

I have respect for a Catholic man, but nor for the Catholic religion. In the 4th through 13th centuries, the Church literally cooked people alive (cooking is the better term. Kept them alive and in pain longer) for being Manichean, Gnostic, Cathar, Albigensian, whatever name have you for the Christian Dualists. Every bit as Christian, and their religion was older - yet they got cooked alive for becoming a threat.

You see, the Cathars especially were overtaking the church. They had this "You're a heathen, but since earth is hell, Jehovah is bad, and souls reincarnate upon earth unless enlightened, then they go to heaven" outlook, they were tolerant of other religions. The thought was, it's the enlightenment of the soul through spritual and personal education that can purify your body to let your soul into heaven. Mosts sects regarded the New Testament, and the emphasis was to take what you wanted from it. All that matters is the enlightenment of the soul. They tolerated all religions, especially similar eastern ones (some sects considered Buddha to be a good example, even, of a soul that hit enlightenment without even being Cathar!) and tried to peacefully educate others through honest labour and good intentions.

They got so popular they almost usurped European religious power in the Middle Ages. So the Pope had 'em all cooked in the Albeginsian Crusade.

And nobody lived happily ever after.

My answer is I do not know because I do not have all the evidence and information that supports the argument, the Catholic Church has power and influences all over the world. I am open to anything. I would imagine there is a Catholic Church in every country--even possibly school too. Please correct me if I am wrong. The Catholic Church probably knows a lot of important people because a lot of influential people are Catholic. However, it does not mean the Church directly tells people what to do.

Agree with iliketoread here. They sure do have a lot of influence, they have massive following all over the word, what'd you expect? Don't think there's a giant conspiracy or anything, but they do have influence due to the sheer volume of their followers. And they get more converts since they know how to exploit the vulnerable and the poor, and have known that for years.

The "Medieval Inquisition" or most commonly known as, "The Inquisition," was created by the Catholic Church. These very sinister beings believed they had a mission from God to seek out those that committed heresy against Christianity and the Church.

These people created torture techniques, ordained and ordered by the Church, that included: Impalement (penetration of an organism by an elongated foreign object such as a stake, pole, or spear); Judas Cradle (used to stretch and rip any orifice - opening - in the body - see image below); The Rack (designed to dislocate every joint in the victim's body); The Breast Ripper (speaks for itself); Saw Torture (sawing people in half); and the Head Crusher (speaks for itself).

Two-thirds of the world earns less than $2 per day, and one-fifth of the world is under-fed or starving to death, while the Vatican hoards the world's wealth, profits from it on the stock market, and has the audacity to preach about giving.

How millions of people call themselves CATHOLIC and support the Catholic Church is a clear indication of a lesser-evolved species. The question is often asked, "is there intelligent life inside or outside of our Solar System?" I don't believe Human beings actually fall under the category of "Intelligent Life." We are barbaric, manipulative, and evil by nature. We kill one another, we enslave, and we're horrendously greedy. These are not the characteristic of an intelligent creature.

Some of us have evolved a bit further than others, but collectively, Earthlings have a very long way to go before we can consider ourselves enlightened.

The link below is an image of the "Judas Cradle", it's a bit graphic, so click on it at your own discretion ..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111122164528/vampirewars/images/thumb/f/f4/Vlad%27s_Judas_Cradle_large.jpg/480px-Vlad%27s_Judas_Cradle_large.jpg

Frankly, I don't like the catholic church.  It's a mass of pedos that are out to control the world.  Sorry if I offend, I try not to, but I'm a panthiest, and found this very offensive:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/04/catholic-church-issues-guide-on-how-to-convert-witches/

I have pagan friends, wicca friends and atheists and agnostics.  They are good people, and I think they should be left alone.  I actually experienced one of these 'conversion' techniques.  I was in a book store buying some tarot cards, and this lady came up behind me, with her hand raised singing a hymn "Claiming 'her'(mine) soul for Jesus'.  I mean, who gives this idiots the right to walk around claiming souls? 

I have no problem if people do not think my way regarding spirituality, as I'm not out to convert. 

As for the rest of it, most of you already covered it quite nicely.  The catholic church has power ONLY because it partnered up with politics and is privy to secrets, the same ole same ole.  If this world becomes transparent, it will not have it's power anymore. 

However, this is only my opinion,  people are free to follow these practices, enjoy them in the privacy of your own home, just stay out of my face with them and we're good.

I swear, If I ever find the secret recipe to putting people in funny hats, and placing them on big chairs, drinking wine from goblets,  that somehow signals "Importance and Wisdom" to the common man, I'll make a Killing on selling the stuff.  However, I wouldn't, Just take the recipe and burn it.

The catholic church and the vatican are a veiled form of the white house and the president.  It is a poitical house thats only purpose is to gain wealth and power. How can anyone not see this? Whatever good deeds or good intentions the catholic church ever had has long since been forgotten. They are the very devils in sheeps clothing that their own bible warns of. They have a flock of mindless followers who throw money at their feet and worship them. They are hateful and hypocritical. And they have no right to consider themselves a true religion. These are not men of God. These are greedy bastards and the pope is the mafia head. He is no more than  a lustful son of a bitch who has a cult following.