I find it absurd, but not surprising that it is illegal to collect rainwater in many state in the US. My belief is because rainwater can incredibly beneficial to health - and the government and FDA don't like this at all. The woman in her 70's that eat's all raw food and looks like she is in her 30's or 40's collected rainwater, I'm sure she realises the benefits to human health also!

rain-barrel-green-1.jpg

"Many of the freedoms we enjoy here in the U.S. are quickly eroding as the nation transforms from the land of the free into the land of the enslaved, but what I’m about to share with you takes the assault on our freedoms to a whole new level. You may not be aware of this, but many Western states, including Utah, Washington and Colorado, have long outlawed individuals from collecting rainwater on their own properties because, according to officials, that rain belongs to someone else." Read more... 

Oh really it belongs to someone else? give me a break, this is a disgusting level of control and it would make George Orwell turn in his grave. This is not even new news, but as far as I know the law still stands the same. What are your thoughts on this? 

I was just reading an article about this the other day and was astonished to find this out!  How preposterous to make it illegal to collect rain water! Just more proof that we are truly being enslaved!  We could go on and on about government all day long but to put a law on water that falls from the sky?!?!  Why the hell does no one else in the world see this?  I sometimes wonder if people remain ignorant out of fear more so than out of ignorance.  

I plan on starting to collect rain water....

It's just yet another tactic to try and instill fear within the population, that's how I see it. Rain water belongs to no one, and to try and  place a label upon it is just barbaric. I say collect Rainwater en masse! If a law is pathetic and stupid, it is up to the people to simply not obey that law, otherwise we are allowing ourselves to be enslaved.

I do not know who is teaching folk that rain water is better for your health, but I seriously doubt that humans should drink it. Every radioactive accident, every pesticide, and pollution from other countries is falling from the sky, in that water.

While these restrictions might be an "evil plan", there are health issues associated with water that just sits in a container with  bacterial growth being the biggest problem. Water borne illnesses thrive in stagnant water, and the laws were created long before we had the technolgy to simiply aggitate water, periodically.

If you have doubts, ask a hot tub dealer why the tub periodically stirs the water.

These laws can be changed. but most people collect rainwater bilssfully unaware of the legal issues they might face. Fortunately, many governments do not enforce those laws.

Rainwater should not be illegal to collect. If a person living on the street gets thirsty and it happens to be raining, I'm sure they have every right to collect that water to quench their thirst.

This is one of the most absurd things ever. They (the politicians) will go as far as we allow them. It's really our own fault when you get down to it.

Of course, the rainwater belongs to somebody. Now has that somebody filed any claim yet? If he hasn't then everyone is free to use rainwater until he does. It's like vacant land. Anyone can use it unless the owner says otherwise. And anyone claiming ownership to rainwater better get all his documents in order before he files a claim of ownership.

Yes, that's true. But, if you had no means to boil it or purify it, you wouldn't drink it? All the animals of the Earth drink it.

There are tablets you can buy too for camping. In a survival situation you have to make a judgement, but do you want to add diarrhoea to your survival problems? Animals are probably adapted to drinking it, we arent.

There are tablets you can buy too for camping. In a survival situation you have to make a judgement, but do you want to add diarrhoea to your survival problems? Animals are probably adapted to drinking it, we arent.

Well, I have been drinking rainwater ever since I was a kid. So that means my alimentary canal has adapted to whatever is in the rainwater. Maybe more people should learn to drink rainwater. The day may come when rainwater might just be the only water we have.

I would never de-evolve to the stage where I was unable to boil my water to keep myself safe.  But as Morph said if you are dying of thirst its a judgement call.

Would you drink from a river Victor?

But if it's illegal to collect rainwater and snow runoff, what happens with those people who have wells on their land? Yes, the physical well that they have dug may belong to the owner of the house and the land, but the water in it will come from a source - many sources in fact (including rainwater) - far from their property. How on earth can it be proved what does and doesn't 'belong' to the individual in question. Absolutely ludicrious.The administration has seriously lost the plot with this daft piece of legislation!

Rainwater should not be illegal to collect. If a person living on the street gets thirsty and it happens to be raining, I'm sure they have every right to collect that water to quench their thirst.

This is one of the most absurd things ever. They (the politicians) will go as far as we allow them. It's really our own fault when you get down to it.

Opening one's mouth and drinking raindrops is not "collection". It is "consumption". The laws address storing rainwater for later use preventing its completing a natural cycle that adds water to streams and rivers.

I have a feeling that, at least in my state, droughts will force changes is water use law,

You have got to be kidding me.  How can anyone state that collecting rain water is against the law.  Then to further say its the property of someone else.  Who is this person?  Well, mother nature or say God if you believe there is a God.  Well, the last time I checked both of these entities shared with man kind so why should this be an issue.  I believe this is a grand stand play to continue to get people to use water that has to be paid for and nothing more.  After all why else would this be an issue, rain water comes from the sky, if it isn't preserved it falls to the ground and becomes mud then what good is it to someone.  Don't tell me that this water belongs is lakes and canals, because in residential areas these things aren't around.  So why can't this rain water be taken and preserved for later use. Maybe the western states have this sort of law because of drought issues, but as I stated, if the rain hits the ground its mud and not able to be used any way.

• 2 months later...

i'm sure because they use chemicals like  silver iodide for cloud seeding (also referred to chem trails, or weather control), silver iodide is poisonous to mammals, there for rain water is not drinking water, they cant admit this, so they made collecting water illegal. as simple as that ! solution regulate what chemicals can be used for weather control, as in theory weather control is a good thing

• 1 month later...

Lmao! You wouldn't drink rainwater? All water was rain at one time or another. I have a rainwater system in my house that I have used for all my needs for over ten years and I wouldn't drink anything else . The water falls through the air and runs down my roof and into my rainwater tanks where I filter it and treat it with ozone every night. The water you are drinking runs across the asphalt roads and into the ground through someone's sewage field and through the farm fields with the fertilizers and who knows what else. Then your government pumps it out of the ground or out of a lake and treats it with chemicals to get the cloudiness out of it and treats it with chlorine which immediately forms carcinogens in the water before they pump it underground through pipes that have been down there for how many years? Y'all need to rethink your ideas.