Those are simply numer-illogical superstitions, no more, no less. Meaningless numerology that has created benighted debate for the past couple of centuries.

The "Mark of the Beast" or "666" is from Revelations 13:16-18..

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666".

We're considered "intelligent beings" in this universe, however, some of the things we fight over leads me to believe we're not as wise as we think we are. Humans still have a great deal of evolving to do.

That's some creative reasoning....I've always found 711's in a place to be good omens, though :P.

That's strange because I have always found 711 to be a bad omen, all if not of the planes that have crushed usually have a 7 11 or a variant of 7 11.

Those are simply numer-illogical superstitions, no more, no less. Meaningless numerology that has created benighted debate for the past couple of centuries.

The "Mark of the Beast" or "666" is from Revelations 13:16-18..

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666".

We're considered "intelligent beings" in this universe, however, some of the things we fight over leads me to believe we're not as wise as we think we are. Humans still have a great deal of evolving to do.

One thing you should know and always remember my friend  :P  is that ignorance has never been used as a defense :ph34r: , whether it is in a court of law or the bible or in any other fora. Numerology is just one of those things that affect your life and the universe one way or the number, numbers like 3, 7, 12, 8, all have significance. I stand corrected though. :D

In the light of advances in microchipping, I think it won't be long when everyone, by law, must have a mark on the hand or forehead. This is not a far-fetched fantasy anymore. It's going to happen any time now. Just remember to keep on voting the same bunch of maniacs into public office.

A friend of mine who was dating a girl at MIT a few years ago was telling me how a lot of the students there would implant microchips in their hands that were programmed to open their dormatory doors. Some pretty freaky stuff. Heard a lot of noise about people actually wanting to have a completly digital debt based economy. Stupid. We have the technology for this now, just a matter of time. Wouldn't be surprised to see smart phones turned into some sort of credit card thing eventualy. I can see something like that being set in place a lot faster than implants though. There's a lot of people who would balk at the idea of implanted vredit chips who would accept a smart hone app without a second thought.

The whole microchip thing is freaky and foreboding. Good thing I live in a 3rd world country where microchips aren't mainstream, the government has no budget for it yet!

As for 7-11, 11 is a Masonic number, but I don't think that the company has Satan's blessings, so to speak. But I can vouch for Moneygram being a Satanic company after seeing a print ad of a popular actor in my country endorsing it with a salute gesture but also making the 666 symbol, so I googled and it is a Satanic company. As for 7-11, I haven't seen any other incriminating Illuminati signs and symbols in their ads.

And Starbucks is black magic because they have a mermaid on the logo and everybody knows mermaids are mythological creatures that can hypnotize people, that's how pirates were killed in the old days. Maybe that's what Starbucks is doing, hypnotizing people to spend all their money on coffee with strange names and cups with even stranger names! As for 7 11, it's just a convenience store... but wait! It also sells coffee! Hmmm, the plot thickens! 

That's strange because I have always found 711 to be a bad omen, all if not of the planes that have crushed usually have a 7 11 or a variant of 7 11.

One thing you should know and always remember my friend :P is that ignorance has never been used as a defense :ph34r: , whether it is in a court of law or the bible or in any other fora. Numerology is just one of those things that affect your life and the universe one way or the number, numbers like 3, 7, 12, 8, all have significance. I stand corrected though. :D

BigBuster, you're the last person to be calling someone IGNORANT.. Furthermore, just because I disagree with you certainly does not make me IGNORANT... Far from it "MY FRIEND" .. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Science, I've read over 500 books, and published over 1000 articles on the Internet.. Whether we agree or not, has absolute nothing to do with my intellect.

On the other hand, if I chose to take the low road, and call you ignorant, guess what, your articles, the things you comment on, the links that you present as your sources, would clearly point out the fact they originate from an imbecilic vantage point.

Those silly azz numbers might mean something to you; may mean the world to you, but they don't mean a DAMN thing to me... IDIOT ..

By the way, here's one of your sources ... with misspelled words throughout the article .. Anyone in their CORRECT MIND would not use this as a reliable source... and don't blame it on the language either, because if you're going to publish something on the web, as a reliable source, in the English language, you're going to make sure it's ACCURATE ... especially the freakin' title.... You tell me, who appears to be the IGNORANT ONE?

bs-article.jpg

.. by the way, I have this image saved on my server, as, "bs-article.jpg" .. so it would not be wise for you to call me IGNORANT again, because I will fire right back and show everyone that you are the benighted one...

To be honest I have never given this much thought.  I knew all too well that 666 was the mark of the beast and considered by many to be satanic.  But the theory of 7 11 being satanic I never heard of before, but as odd as it is you make a good point.  Both of these group of numbers add up to 18.  The funny thing is I never thought of the number 18 as satanic either, but then 666 does add up to this.  Have to admit though that when I first read you subject line I though you were talking about the numbers, 7, 1, 1 and didn't understand how anyone could consider that sequence satanic in any way.  Not that I consider 7 11 satanic but you did have an interesting argument there.