Rate this topic

Does anyone feel that they are awake and aware, or at least more aware than most people, yet they are surrounded by others that are not awake or aware at all? I am, and I find it very frustrating. They are the sort of people that would pass you off as a conspiracy theorist and easily regard you as a 'nutcase'. This ignorance really wears me down because people really get off on it. People are so quick to put down anything that questions the official story, there is just no hope of some people ever seeing even slightly beyond the veil.

Does anyone feel that they are awake and aware, or at least more aware than most people, yet they are surrounded by others that are not awake or aware at all? I am, and I find it very frustrating. They are the sort of people that would pass you off as a conspiracy theorist and easily regard you as a 'nutcase'. This ignorance really wears me down because people really get off on it. People are so quick to put down anything that questions the official story, there is just no hope of some people ever seeing even slightly beyond the veil.

Nobody is alone who supports the justice and peace.

Nobody is alone who supports the justice and peace.

That's a good summary in one line. I think I was more referring to immediate surroundings. It can be hard to be awake and aware, yet surrounded by others that see that as whacko, and that perhaps you need help. The ignorance of the situation can really get to me.

I see what you mean quite a bit around me....once in a while I'll find others who seem aware, but everyone has their limits I suppose. You never know how fully aware you are. 

Yes, where I live, there is no such thing as SHTF. No one wants to know anything about it. Life is simply too peaceful here and no one wants to think of anything that will interfere with their peace of mind.  I suppose the same situation applies to many places around the world.

Except, perhaps, for places where the SHTF already, like in the Middle-East. Those people there don't need to be convinced about what happens when the SHTF. They are already living the nightmare. Odd that people in other parts of the world who are not affected yet do not look at what happens in the Middle-East and get ready for the day when the same thing happens right in their backyard, or the very steps of their frontdoors.

Do you think the ostrich might have been one of our ancestors?

The problem is the conspiracy theorists are very under-educated. So their theories and rantings come off as fodder for Jon Stewart and other mockers. It really doesn't matter if you're a conspiracy theorist or not. If you present your argument frothing at the mouth, wild-eyed, and making crazy accusations with a funny accent, people are gonna roll their eyes and walk away.

Well, I disagree saying theorists are under-educated. I have a bachelor's in I.T., I've been an Officer in the military & I've worked as a slave for the past 10 years because I was told that's what life is about. Yet, anytime I bring up the idea that there might be corruption I'm immediately met with resistance. Why? Because it's easy to live a life someone tells you to live. It's easy to take orders & just do what you're told because critically thinking actually takes effort. 

I would venture to say it's quite the opposite. Those who refuse to even entertain the idea that they might have been lied to are the ignorant & under-educated. 

Conspiracy Theorist is nothing but a derogatory term used to dismiss a critical thinker. 

I think we must differentiate between people who look at the stories behind the stories we are fed by the media and people who create fantasies out of thin air without even refering to anything. The first type of people I would call critical thinkers because they do think and they view whatever is before them with a critical eye. The other type is what makes other people think that Conpiracy Theorist is just a fancy name for Stupid Fool.

I think that I am more open to both sides to every story than most people. I tend to think about how it could have happened differently, or misrepresented. I do not persecute people for being open to another side of a story. 

I totally agree with that statement, Victor. There seem to be three or four kinds of perceptions that people have,starting with the people that just don't care at all, they are wrapped up in their own little world, and don't even look out the door (so to speak). Then there are the people that do care, but believe everything they hear on the TV news' and won't even listen to another possibility.

The opposite of that person, is the one that doesn't believe anything on the news, and creates the fantasies out of the air, with no real proof of anything. The last group, is the rest of us, who try to look at everything from all sides and possibilities , and determine the truth.

I guess we are Conspiracy Theorists, but maybe the new term of Truther, actually is a better fit.

I don't worry about other's much. I look at the evidence and come to my own conclusions. I think some of the more far-fetched conspiracy theories do turn people off, generally speaking. That's okay. People don't have to pay attention if they don't want to, so I don't let it bother me.