Sign in to follow this  
BigBuster

Survival is a marathon not a sprint-Here's how you can survive

Rate this topic

Just to be clear, I'm not promoting what this guys is selling, and from my opinion, you shouldn't buy what he is selling but I believe he speaks a lot of sense, you can listen to him here and post your opinions on some of the issues he has tackled. :)  http://clickhere9.com/

He's just one of a million scammers trying to scare people into buying his product because when 'it' happens you have to be 'prepared' and he can help you 'survive'.

I would recommend anyone who is interesed in preparedness and self-reliance to join a reputable forum and not buy into stuff like this. I didn't watch until the end of the video because I knew exactly what would be coming!

He's just one of a million scammers trying to scare people into buying his product because when 'it' happens you have to be 'prepared' and he can help you 'survive'.

I would recommend anyone who is interesed in preparedness and self-reliance to join a reputable forum and not buy into stuff like this. I didn't watch until the end of the video because I knew exactly what would be coming!

This is where the problem starts. I have lurked in a number of forums in the survival niche. On all of them, there is the tendency to think in terms of armor-plated cars, underground bunkers and an arsenal of guns to make Rambo look like a kindergarten kiddie. Maybe some people might think that's the way to go. For me, it's not the way to go. There's a lot more to being prepared than hoarding food, boarding doors and stashing guns.

Agreed. I think this kind of thinking is too often relied upon and too rarely actually helpful. It's shameful to feed on peoples' fear in that way. 

The more fearful you are based on radical statements, or undefined situations, the more paranoid you become and the more vunerable position you put yourself in. Not a good place to be, if planning to survive whatever the future brings.

After I first saw Zeitgeist, I bought into the premise that I needed dehydrated food & a semi-auto. I blew a couple grand when I probably shouldn't have. In the truth business, you really have to take everything you read with a grain of salt. Read it all then think about it for a few days after you read about it. Things become much clearer when you apply common sense. 

In terms of being prepared, civil disobedience is really the way to go. While the disinformation agents like David Icke & Alex Jones are trying to incite rioting & violence, I try to promote peace & working with each other to survive. 

Civil disobedience? You mean like what Mahatma Gandhi did?

I don't think this is going to work anymore. Not that it won't work by itself but, as I have noticed in recent events, there are always groups with other agendas who will hijack the passive resistance movement and turn it into something violent. It just takes a small group of provocateurs in the crowd to start the fireworks, then the police will react with force and crowd mentality will kick in and do the rest of the damage.

btw I don't think we should be writing off the preparationist ideas as just another loony fantasy. It's never wrong to have food stored in case of emergencies. Also having drills for various scenarios can improve your chances of survival. Remember that a SHTF situation is not always man-made. Natural disasters like the recent storms can also mean TEOTWAWKI.