BigBuster

Do you believe in the rapture?

Do you believe that Christians would be taken to heaven "raptured" before judgement day and the anti-Christ ruling the world?

I'm not a christian, so no. I don't believe it at all. But just for the sake of debate, what exactly are you asking? Just do we believe it in general, or do you mean pre tribulation or post tribulation? From a purly acedemic position I'd have to say I'm a post tribulation proponet. There's only a few verses that can be said to support pre tribulation. Whereas Revelations seems to point more toward post trib. Pre trib requires the second coming of Christ followed by the third seven years later. That goes against the bit where it says no one will no when he's coming. If a bunch of Christians were to just pop out of existance one day I would place pretty good odds for Jesus to be showing up seven years later on a white horse. But from what I've read I seem to remember that most scholars don't actually take Revelations littearly anyway. It seems to be more of a dissing of Emperor Nero.

I believe that all religions have their own interpretations on how the world began and how it will end. Unless it really happens, we will never know. Muslims believe that Jesus will return close to the end of the world. He will descend east of Damascus dressed in yellow robes, and join the Mahdi (the redeemer of Islam) and fight the False Messiah or Antichrist (Al Masih al Dajjal). Muslims believe that Jesus will then slay the Antichrist, and all the People of the Book (Jews, Christians and Muslims) will be united as one people. 

What this means is that everyone has an interpretation on how the world will end. It is up to us to live our lives now in accordance with what we personally believe is right, to treat our fellow humans in a just manner and to accept that there will always be differences of opinions among us.

I'm a Christian, and no I don't believe in the so-called Rapture Theory. An event will take place that fits the bill for the expected Rapture, but it won't be Jesus they will be running toward, it will be a trick of the Anti-Christ. This is well documented in scripture. But, too many Christians don't study, they read or worse, they simply follow the rhetoric of a preacher.

The Biblical evidence that Rapture believers point to is taken out of context. When put into the proper context, it's quite clear that this Rapture event takes place AFTER the tribulation. It's right there in scripture (KJV)!