Do you believe there is life on another planet?

I believe there is life on another planet, because planets like Mars can have people living on it. I don't know if I believe in "aliens", but I do believe there is some sort of life on another planet like a plant or something like that. 

What about you? Do you believe there's life on another planet?

I think it's certainly possible, but it depends on how you want to describe "life". I believe that there's a very good chance that somewhere out in space is a planet that is similar to that of ours. I don't mean culturally, socially or religiously, but it's very possible that their climate and ours might be similar. I would think it's pretty rare that out of all of space that there's only one planet capable of supporting life. But just how complex that other life is, I don't know. I would like to think that they would be as advanced or more advanced than ourselves, but with two different worlds comes two different histories, so who knows what they might be like?

There is life on other planets, it's virtually guaranteed. NASA has revealed the likelyhood of several thousand planets having water and being in the right solar orbit to maintain life. The odds of there being other human like species in our exact phase of evolution however is extremely remote. Even if there are other species like humans they would likely be in a diferent phase making them either monkey-like or far more advanced.

Somehow I think they'd tell us they are amazed we haven't become extinct for how little we respect the planet and the resources it holds.

I agree with Bigbigfan, it's almost certain that there is life on other planets. That being said, I think that God (or whatever you believe) put us in solitary confinement. I really doubt that we will ever make contact with other life forms, for several reasons. First of all, space is stupid big. There could be another planet that fosters life almost exactly like ours, but they have an abundance of gold and desperately need aluminum. We could benefit from one another, but we're so far away that it would be impossible to ever come into contact. Secondly, we only focus on life as we know it. To be fair, it would be difficult not to, but it could seriously hamper any of our attempts at finding life. What I mean is, why do we search for water on other planets? Because life on earth needs water, but who's to say that life on other planets doesn't need water? Who's to say that the rocks on the moon aren't conscious of their own existence?

To be honest, I've never really understood why we invest so much time and energy into searching space when we know so very little about our own, but that's just me. I mean, who's to say there isn't a mermaid colony debating the existence of surface dwelling creatures? Granted, that's less likely, but they certainly would be a lot easier to find.

There probably is, but you have to wonder why they would fly over to earth and flashing their lights at us being all like "hey whats up!", same goes for top secret government crafts.

They probably thought it would make sense to contact out government directly as they were probably the wisest of the earth people.  Big mistake.

First of all, space is stupid big.

But the Earth was stupid big a few hundred years ago.  How long did it take to sail from England to America?  3 Months.  This was then shortened to 15 days with steam ships. Now its a 10 hours flight + pathetic security checks.  I have no doubt something will be invented that will make the journey to another planet much quicker.  Though its likely the security checks time will get longer.

Sure, there has to be life on the many billions of habitable worlds out there. Scientists have demonstrated how easy it is to create life in a lab with some amino acids and electricity. Life is a tenuous thing and can exist in all kinds of climates so I have no doubt it's everywhere, on many worlds. What I wonder, is how much of the life out there is intelligent. I have a feeling that intelligent life represents a mere fraction of all life. But some of those intelligence's are bound to be further along than we are. Look at the dark ages, we lost centuries of progress right there. There has to be intelligence's with the ability to travel between stars and, yes, I believe they are watching us. 

I don't believe there's life outside this planet (not spirtually).

Don't you think we would've found any life outside if they existed? How many planets have we come across and how many species other than our own have we encountered?

But you know, since the outer space is so big and practically limitless, there's just always that possibility...

How long did it take to sail from England to America?  3 Months.  This was then shortened to 15 days with steam ships. Now its a 10 hours flight + pathetic security checks.

By 2020 it will become impossible again, don't worry, there will be too many drones in the air to fly safely, all because companies want to watch you so that they can sell your data to advertisers.

Perhaps stupid got big again!

They probably thought it would make sense to contact out government directly as they were probably the wisest of the earth people.  Big mistake.

But the Earth was stupid big a few hundred years ago.  How long did it take to sail from England to America?  3 Months.  This was then shortened to 15 days with steam ships. Now its a 10 hours flight + pathetic security checks.  I have no doubt something will be invented that will make the journey to another planet much quicker.  Though its likely the security checks time will get longer.

That's actually a really interesting point, I never thought about it that way...I mean, there's no doubt that we'll eventually be able to go though space a lot faster than we do now, but you also have to consider motivation. There were tons of people who wanted to travel between America and Europe. How many people want to travel though space? (Well, everyone, but realistically how much of a demand is there?) Not to mention, you could be dealing with stuff that's light years away. Even if we could find a way to go the speed of light, do you think that the human body could handle going that fast? Granted, they didn't think that we could go as fast as we do in cars, but still...

(And in case I've made myself sound like a complete idiot, I openly admit that I know next to nothing about space or most of science in general.) 

By 2020 it will become impossible again, don't worry, there will be too many drones in the air to fly safely, all because companies want to watch you so that they can sell your data to advertisers.

Perhaps stupid got big again!

Or maybe all airplanes will have drones on them for that purpose! Certain airlines and sponsor certain companies based on drone information. Not to mention will start taking you three weeks to get though all of the security checks...as long as we have the internet, though, I think the world will stay pretty small. I can now talk to someone in California or China just as easily as I can talk to someone down the street. I guess that isn't the same as being there, though...but hey, maybe by then we'll have teleporters.

I think the reason we have not had full disclosure of extra terrestrial contact and existence is largely because Earth has been under quarantine.  I have suspicions that this is changing now but that remains to be seen.

I also believe it is - shall I say, short sighted, for us to assume we understand what the technological markers of an ET civilization are.  I have no doubt that technology has levels of sophistication our current mainstream science is simply unable to conceive or detect.

I'm also enough of a mystic to believe everything is alive so that sort of answers the question right there.  :)  But that is just my own point of view of course.

That's actually a really interesting point, I never thought about it that way...I mean, there's no doubt that we'll eventually be able to go though space a lot faster than we do now, but you also have to consider motivation. There were tons of people who wanted to travel between America and Europe. How many people want to travel though space? 

I think if a new suitable planet was found and the call was who wants to go there to start a new world and leave all this bullshit behind, then the demand would be sky high!

imagine if space travel became routine, special interest groups would be looking for a new planet to make their own.  

Your right NEO but why would government want to allow or encourage that? If people were free to leave society here then it would cause problems if it happened in mass. Not only that but being in contact with even just one other planet, if/when people live on two, opens up a whole new can of worms.

- Interplanetary war, you know it would happen.

- Capitalism dictates that one planet would become rich, the other poor, it wasn't built with multiple planets in mind.

- Resource prices would change drastically, each planet would have needs and greed would cause wars.

- I won't even get into religion as most religions focused on earthly events and they would need to re-invent their holy books to incorporate the new world.

Sadly humanity isn't ready for a multi-planet existance. I have no doubt that we will have a multi-planet existance but the majority of people won't ever know about it much less be invited.

The very fact that NASA chose to send "Mars Rover Curiosity" to Mars speaks something about itself. Given how vast the universe is, there may be life at other planets after all. Whether is it just a plant, a sea animal or some sort of bacterial cell, no one knows for sure yet. I mean the governments ain't stupid, if there is not a slightest chance that there might be life or something at other parts of the universe, why would they want to spend tons of money and time on space exploration ? Just my humble opinion.

I definitely believe that there is life on another planet, and the US government is just covering things up. I watched a Youtube video before that the government is bartering with these aliens in exchange for the modern technology that we now enjoy, I just forgot exactly what these aliens want from planet Earth. It's like some kind of mineral that they think can prevent aging for their kind. There are actually 4 kinds of aliens that have been visiting Earth, and they said that 1 specie of those aliens look quite alot like humans, and that is the particular specie that the govenrment has been interacting with. Anyway, this youtube video is an expose is from a former military employee of the US government:

I don't believe there's life outside this planet (not spirtually).

Don't you think we would've found any life outside if they existed? How many planets have we come across and how many species other than our own have we encountered?

The universe is vast. We haven't even explored all the planet in our solar system yet. We really don't know if there isn't life in our vicinity let alone the universe. It really seems so wasteful to get the universe and there's only life on one tiny planet.

But you know, since the outer space is so big and practically limitless, there's just always that possibility...

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i do. Simply because nobody can prove that life just exists in earth, in fact, NASA hides all the -Hardcore- stuff from us, because it would shock the community and mainly cristians who don`t have a clue of what science is. 

I believe that aliens exist but very far from here and they know about us, i believe that thei are very superior in technology.

I do believe there is other life on other planets because if we really sit down and think about it the universe is too huge to even fathom. It would be a shame and a foolish thought to even think that

we are all alone occupying this galaxy. If we were created in the right place at the right time what makes us think that we were the only ones. I believe there are other creatires similar to us and similar intelligance if not significally higher since we only use such a small percentage of our brain.

I do believe there is other life on other planets because if we really sit down and think about it the universe is too huge to even fathom. It would be a shame and a foolish thought to even think that

we are all alone occupying this galaxy. If we were created in the right place at the right time what makes us think that we were the only ones. I believe there are other creatires similar to us and similar intelligance if not significally higher since we only use such a small percentage of our brain.

Exacly, I find it faily obvious that there is life on another planet. The real conspracy would be against life on another plantet imo.