nhoelb

Who is the true religion.

Rate this topic

Most religion belief that there is one true religion that can save us, and all the other religion are false. Is there really a true religion among all the other religion, if there is, which one. 

Well, that's an unfair question to ask because there is no actual scientific evidence that proves that any one religion is true, let alone more true than any other ones.

To even begin to answer this question you'd be answering from your own personal beliefs and opinions on things and that shouldn't be mistaken for universal truths.

Personally, I believe that there is no one true religion that can "save" you. I don't believe there is nothing to be saved from.

Maybe there is a one true religion, maybe not. If there is such a religion, we wouldn't be able to figure out anyway. Because when it comes to religion, somebody's telling bull, somebody wants us to believe bull, be contollable, feel powerless, devote our whole lives to deities we can't seem to see or hear from directly.

Most religion belief that there is one true religion that can save us, and all the other religion are false.

Actually that's what Muslims believe, not Christians or Catholics or Jews. It's an Islamic thing not to have tolerance for other religions and not to tolerate those who don't believe in Alah.

I'm not racist but I watch the news. radical muslims took pickaxes to a Bhudist temple recently while saying that anything not for Alah must be against him and that is not allowed. Tolerance, it's a virtue.

Whatever religion is true for you. Which ever faith you follow and feels right for you is the true religion. But you must remember that this rule applies to everyone.

I don't think there really is a true religion. Every religion has something to some affect that someone else is going to find false and none of us will know otherwise. I personally just think (or would like to think) that for everyone the "true" religion is what they feel truly fits them. Of course, you can never please everyone so even if what's true for you might not be true for someone else. 

I don't think one can say that there is a true religion because everyone has different points and views--no one is going to concur with one religion. In every religion there is always a person that is going to say that the other religions are false and the one they're in is the actual religion. So, no one can come to a consensus on that one and I myself have a certain belief as well. I don't think that one has to believe in something in order to be saved.

I think that God is tolerant to know that there are many religions that are available in this Earth for people to choose from, so I think that as long as you believe in a Higher Power and you don't worship the devil or other false idols and you're a good person in general, then I think that that is enough for you to be saved.

I don't believe that there is an one "true religion". Most religions have a kennel of truth in them. The only group that I have personally met that believe their way is the only way are Christians. Buddhism is probably the most flexible or welcoming religion that I know of.

If you trace back to the most ancient religions the Before Christ religions, you will see a common denominator. That would be that they all have the same characteristics. For example there are many religions in parts of the world and many saviors that have the same characteristics off the top of my head they would be Buddha, Krishna, Mithra, Dionysus, Attis and the most important Horus from Egypt. Do not let me tell you what is real and what is not, do your own research on all these messiahs. You will see that Christianity is nothing more than a copy just like all religions are, A copy of what you might ask. A copy of the greatest story ever told that ancient civilizations have wrote and passed down through the eras. The sign of the Zodiac and the Sun are the building blocks for these religious stories that have created a massive zeitgeist in the world on faith and spirituality. Please research what the zodiac and sun have to do with religion as well as how the ancients used anthropomorphism of the stars in order to tell stories about the Gods.

Here is a starter

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeistsourcebook.pdf

Edited by blosk323

I don't believe that there is an one "true religion". Most religions have a kennel of truth in them. The only group that I have personally met that believe their way is the only way are Christians. Buddhism is probably the most flexible or welcoming religion that I know of.

Muslims also believe their way is the only way too.

Pretty much all religions believe that god created man in his own image, and that god is eternal and unchanging.   Science proves without a doubt that we evolved from monkeys, to primates, and so on.  Therefore god must still be a monkey.

Religion is a spur of the supernatural to explain things that primitive minds could not grasp.   Why was Fred struck by lightening?  God must be angry.  Why has it not rained and the crops are dieing?  God must be angry.

Then people who seeked to control others made complicated religions around a god figure and told people what they wanted to hear.  Your life is crap?  Accept it, god will reward you in heaven.  You dont believe me?  You will be punished in hell.  If god created this massive universe that we live in why does he care one second if you believe in him or not?  Of course he wouldnt.   But the people who claim to represent him care a lot, as it diminishes their power to control you.

This has worked for thousands of years, and only recently are people realising its a control mechanism.

I don't thinking humanity has evolved enough to the point where a true religion can save us all. I feel that maybe the correct answer would be no religion because I have read once that "religion is the cancer of the world". I have though about it and it started to make sense because man has seprated from other men and then it went on from there. Although relious beliefs brings us closer it distrances us even more.

I don't thinking humanity has evolved enough to the point where a true religion can save us all. I feel that maybe the correct answer would be no religion because I have read once that "religion is the cancer of the world". I have though about it and it started to make sense because man has seprated from other men and then it went on from there. Although relious beliefs brings us closer it distrances us even more.

"Religion is the cancer of the world"

I like that line because it really says a lot about religion. Religion starts as a small mass that is usually harmless. But then someone or something sets it off and suddenly it's spreading and becoming more and more outraged. All the whole the quiet ones are instantly feared. The ones that are harmless suddenly have people in a panic. It's actually a pretty good way of describing religion if you think about it. Religion just seems to break us all into groups because no one can simply let things be. I don't care if I'm right or wrong on my religion beliefs compared to someone else. I'm happy. They're happy, just let things be.

No, i guess that no religion can help you directally, i mean they can help you if you believe you can achieve things and so on, so you get motivated to to things, thats the only way religion helps you.

My motivation for things are 

- I just live once.

- The time i loose now i will never get back so i need to to things as soon as possible.

- I need to do things on my own because nobody is going to do this for me (talking about god and humans too).

- I need to live life at the best way possible because as i stated above. I just live ONCE. AND NO MORE!

There's a famous Bulgarian poster who posts about the Illuminati and other secret societies. Sometimes you wonder where the hell he knows everything from. Anyway, he once did a post about this -- that all the religions are fake, made up to cover the real religion. 

It makes me sad, but it does kinda have some truth to it. So now I don't believe in a certain religion. I mean, I'm Christian to other people, but this is what I believe in:

- God is good -- he does not do ANY bad.

- You do not go to hell for little sins such as fornication or swearing. 

- Karma exists. 

I hate how people tell us constantly not to sin. Evil made these 'don't sin' things up just to limit us. There's believing in God, the real God, which is good...and then there's pulling your kid out of school just because they didn't do Bible studies, which is plain stupid. 

Just be good, man. That's all. Be good and you'll get good back. It's the basis of every true religion.

The true religion is whoever or whatever gives you your soul and your moral beliefs. Your god could be Billy the drunk on the street corner if you believe and have faith in his tenets. The advantage with this is also that if anybody questioned you about your God, you actually take people to see him and prove he exists!

You just pick one and hope you're right. I know that christianity has a thing that you can still be saved if you have never heard the gospel. I don't know what the other religions have. But between Christianity and atheism I'd rather choose christianity. Then at least if I'm right, I go to heaven, if I'm wrong, nothing happens. But if you choose atheism and happen to be wrong, you end up in hell.

So I think pick one religion and stay by it. Don't go religion hopping.

I think it is human nature to want to believe in something grater than ourselves. Something or someone to justify our existence. There are so many similarities between the Monotheism religions that it is hard not to conclude that there origins were all from the same belief. I personally do not know that any one religion is better or for that matter worse than any other.

Actually that's what Muslims believe, not Christians or Catholics or Jews. It's an Islamic thing not to have tolerance for other religions and not to tolerate those who don't believe in Alah.

I'm not racist but I watch the news. radical muslims took pickaxes to a Bhudist temple recently while saying that anything not for Alah must be against him and that is not allowed. Tolerance, it's a virtue.

Take a quick look back through history and you will soon discover the number of wars fought and dreadful acts done in the name of religion. This includes Christianity, Catholicism and Judaism.

What would you call the crusades, the French war's of religion and even some biblical wars that the Israelites took part in if they were not wars of religious intolerance?

Almost all religions are of the same essence, different paths that leads to one conclusion. Absolute, unadulterated pile of nonsense. So lets not fight over which is true, and agree that it's all man made hogwash that's been used as a tool of oppression and control since time immemorial.

A religion is something that a person does RELIGIOUSLY.  The only religion that I follow is to BE GOOD, DO GOOD, AND LIVE GOOD.  Once you do those things, everything else will fall into play naturally.  The universe has laws that we all must abide by in order to be happy and progress.  The key to happiness is inside of us, and almost all religions teach us that we must look to a book, or a man on a cross, in order to find "god" or happiness.  

see http://www.amazon.co...rds=peter rawan

see the book: Peter Rawan, The Kingdom of Heaven in the Spiritual Vision of Rudolf Steiner. There is a comprehensive introduction to o the whole doctrine of Rudolf Steiner, many figures, explanations, very approachable language: "

In the quintessence, the Universe (Cosmos) around us is the manifestation of divinity. This applies to the visible universe as well as the invisible one, which escapes our direct cognition. Everything that exists, what we can and cannot perceive with our senses, is the 'emanation' of God. In order to avoid certain philosophical statements, we can imagine that everything that surrounds us is some kind of a homogeneous divine material, i.e. God.

To achieve a better understanding and awareness of what this material (substance) really is, we have to start with some kind of definition related the concept of the Absolute. In the esoteric conception of God, we should differentiate between the impersonal Absolute that contains within itself all the grounds for its existence, and its manifestation (the discussed material) - Creator God (Supreme Being, Logos)".