My friend send me this video on youtube

It shows a footage of a mysterious object moving around the surface of the moon. It came out  from the shadowy landscape of the moon's surface and then seemingly accelerates over the craters, before changing direction at breakneck speed and heading towards the bottom of the screen.

Do you think it is edited?

That's actually quite interesting. It looked like some kind of low orbit satellite until it started zig-zagging. I don't think satellites do that. lol. Also, I used to be interested by similar pictures of Mars. There used to be an a fascinating picture of a rock that looked very much like a face and, also, something that looked just like a pyramid. Those have been discussed for decades and, supposedly proven to be optical illusions or weird wind erosion. But this video, I'm no expert but it doesn't look faked. Who's to say with the level of video fx you can do on a computer today.

Interesting, doesn't look faked. I saw two objects moving, shortly after the first one disappears off the screen another one comes along and follows a similar path. The strange thing is the movement itself almost looks like a tadpole or some tiny fish swimming around in water. That could possibly be due to the camera sensor itself though, I've seen similar trailing effects when shooting bugs on a night vision camera.

I have heard a conspiracy theory regarding an alien base on the moon. If I remember correctly during the first moon mission that NASA undertaken  we supposedly found a moon base on the other side of the moon. The other side of the moon is referred to as the dark side of the moon. The aliens supposedly said for us not to come back on the moon and seemed angered that we were there. Whether this is true or just a wild conspiracy theory is a toss up. Who knows what to believe any more.

Fake, right at the end there is a zig that is unlike the others, one that is more like a mouse jerk than a possible flight path. Remember, there is no air on the moon and so to change course you must slow down first or thrust sideways which will result in an arcing turn.

The last zigs were mouse movement, imo.

Makes me think of those "orbs" ghost hunters panic about when finding them on their footage. It really is too unclear to tell if it was faked or if it was a piece of material that moved from one side to another. As someone said above, it could even be a piece of a satellite moving around. The sad thing is, it doesn't look like a controlled flight. If it was, you have to imagine what the heck that pilot was doing. It could have even been a bit of moving dust around the lens of the camera that took this. It's just too unclear to tell for me.

Well, this is very interesting indeed. Knowing how sophististicated our technology has became I feel it could have definitely been edited because it is only a small tiny dot floating around space.

I think anybody could have eaily uploaded something from a documentary and added this effect and used it to cause some controversy.

I have to agree with some of you are this. I think nowadays it's way too easy to make fake videos and pictures was the technology that we have. There is so much video editing software out there, that a child could make Star Wars look like claymation now.That video looked way too simpleto be real, but then again I could be wrong. I'm not saying I don't believe in UFOs, because I do but this in my opinion, is not genuine.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty legit, but then again it's supposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't alone in the universe, in fact it's likely we're not alone. But the people who have this knowledge aren't going to tell us anyway so we'll have to keep guessing until it's finally confirmed or until we're invaded

Not regarding the video itself, NASA seems to think the moon is hallow. When Apollo 11 touched down, the moon supposedly rang for hours like a bell.

If it really is hollow, it would be a fine place for a separate species to set up shop and track our planet.

As for the movement, some people theorize that saucers project a false gravity around themselves, effectively creating whatever laws of physics they need to do the movements they do. Just a thought on that.

:EDIT: Regarding the alien moon base thing - if that story is true, why have several moon landings been done since? If they really were there, it's more like they'd observe the cute little species with grand notions of space flight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hard to say if it's real or not but it looks real enough to ask questions.

I watched a documentary recently claiming that the moon might be hollow. Apparently they hit the moon (don't remember what with) and it rang like a bell. The concept is that the aliens either are or where living inside the moon and that the moon is not a natural satellite like we commonly think. It's a fun theory but I don't know how much truth there is to it...

This is a very interesting video. It does look more like something swimming, than flying, with the wiggling and squirming that it does, but towards the end, it seemed to have smoke or something coming from the back of it. I saw a similar video that was from the ISS , and it,too had some sort of a little swimming bug that went past the space station, and disappeared. It looked kind of like a tadpole. That video was supposed to be from the NASA feed, but I don't know where it actually came from. I had never heard about the moon being hollow, but I do remember reading once that it might be man made, and that fits right in with the hollow theory.

The article I read was talking about the exact size of the moon, and the distance from earth, and said there were things that just did not make sense unless it were made by someone, and not real. I wish I remembered more of it ! Now I will have to look for the information again, and see just what it said.

Well, I don't think this footage is proof of anything other than why we should not be turning to youtube for information concerning extra terrestrial life. With programs like after effects out there and youtube flash compression being as destructive as it is even with "hi def" options, there is not a single video on that site that is not subject to vast waves of scruitiny.

That said, we can easily determine that it is a leap of logic to say "I saw something moving" to "Alien settlement on the moon confirmed." I saw nothing that particularly suggested this object was artificial. I also saw nothing that suggested the object wasn't in the extreme foreground. I also saw no signs of settlement on any surface. Yes, I know the concept is that they're living on the other side. But that's kind of my point. What we have here is proof of nothing other than there was something weird either going on with the camera or going on in front of the camera. We have no proof it's extra terrestrial in origin and it certainly is not suggestive of a separate civilization.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting interview with Astronaught Cooper, one of the 7 original astronauts involved in the project Mercury.  He has a lot to say on the subject, including observing UFO's while in orbit.  Interesting watch.  There are many theories about the moon being hollow, or perhaps metal.  Some suggest that it is already being mined.  You know?  I tend to agree that the moon is being  mined at the moment.  Knowing how competitive corporations are, it's quite possible that this is one of the most top secret missions ever.  While we look up towards the possibility of a terraformed Mars, we overlook a mining station on our own nearest heavenly body.

Here is part one of Jim Marrs discussing the 'Alien Agenda', again some good information here.

Just what makes you think th emoon is being mined? Can you point to an obvious mining operation photo? Can you explain why there's no sudden influx of metals into the marketplace or a drop in price? Exactly how do you propose we're getting hauls of metal back to the planet? Our best minds could only come up with "Lets drop it in a balloon that will bounce for 50 miles" when they decided to launch a billion + dollar robot to the surface of Mars. That's not subtle.